Ford Second Worst in Consumer Reports Reliability Survey

Have you personally driven a Camaro, or just read the reports from magazines about the visiblility? Cuz the new Camaros visibility isn't much of a issue.
Actually no, I haven't. I've heard it from people I know who have tho. I haven't even sat in one of the new ones yet.

Have you personally driven a Camaro, or just read the reports from magazines about the visiblility? Cuz the new Camaros visibility isn't much of a issue.
Actually no, I haven't. I've heard it from people I know who have tho. I haven't even sat in one of the new ones yet.

@RFX45 I hear you. I've driven all gen Camaros and never had a issue.

Tell those people pony cars will always have visibility issues, and to get a mini van if they dnt like blind spots.

yea because F150's were cheap as hell back in the day... like dirt cheap

The economy had nothing to do with it right. F150 is still the best selling car/truck right now but as far as i know doesn't pull numbers like that anymore.

last winter iw as considering the R/T, GT and camaro SS

i drove the SS, GT and the r/t also.. the RT felt like you were driving a damn tank. its so freakin huge and slow. even with 20" rims the rims looked small on the car. the GT and SS were what i liked best based on the test drive. both cars got crazy power. i ended up going with the SS because i liked the look better, came with 20s, brembos, and i got the 2ss/rs package for what the ford dealer was tryna charge for cloth seat base mustang. 

the exterior of the mustang was too boring for me. it hasnt really changed much in like 7 years. the interior of the mustang was probably the best out of the 3 tho. with the back seat being useless in both the SS and GT. if i had the money i'd get the BOSS 302. id even take that over the gt500. 

but the zl1  
sick.gif
>>>>>>>

edit- the visibility is an issue for like the first week of driving. but i had the same issue with the mustang (both 2011s). that HUD on the camaros >>>>

feels like a video game when im driving at night

Last edited:
Didn't knw they made SRT a separate brand. Anyhow it'll still have a Challenger chassis/body somewhat just like the 70's. It'll be smaller & lighter so really looking forward to the Cuda rebirth /quote]. SRT became a separate brand to keep aftermarket dollars in Crysler's pockets, as well as make the performance group more efficient in churning out their products. This more single handedly ran Hurst's stake in the Mopar aftermarket out of business. If anyone wants to upgrade a 392, the have to go through SRT.

Last edited:
last winter iw as considering the R/T, GT and camaro SS

i drove the SS, GT and the r/t also.. the RT felt like you were driving a damn tank. its so freakin huge and slow. even with 20" rims the rims looked small on the car. the GT and SS were what i liked best based on the test drive. both cars got crazy power. i ended up going with the SS because i liked the look better, came with 20s, brembos, and i got the 2ss/rs package for what the ford dealer was tryna charge for cloth seat base mustang. 
the exterior of the mustang was too boring for me. it hasnt really changed much in like 7 years. the interior of the mustang was probably the best out of the 3 tho. with the back seat being useless in both the SS and GT. if i had the money i'd get the BOSS 302. id even take that over the gt500. 
but the zl1  :x >>>>>>>

edit- the visibility is an issue for like the first week of driving. but i had the same issue with the mustang (both 2011s). that HUD on the camaros >>>>
feels like a video game when im driving at night

2SS/RS sounds like a hell of a package. Got any pics? Would love to see it.

Didn't knw they made SRT a separate brand. Anyhow it'll still have a Challenger chassis/body somewhat just like the 70's. It'll be smaller & lighter so really looking forward to the Cuda rebirth.

SRT became a separate brand to keep aftermarket dollars in Crysler's pockets, as well as make the performance group more efficient in churning out their products. This more single handedly ran Hurst's stake in the Mopar aftermarket out of business. If anyone wants to upgrade a 392, the have to go through SRT.

Is that right? Had no clue, poor Hurst. Just realized the Viper is under the SRT brand too. We'll see how this turns out.

2SS/RS sounds like a hell of a package. Got any pics? Would love to see it.
it is, ima try to upload some pics from my external hd.. 

happy with the purchase. the 2ss/rs came with 20s + 4 piston brembos, heads up display, leather + heated seats, upgraded sound system. and mine has the rally stripe + hockey stripes on the side. and chevrolet hasnt removed sirius/xm since i purchased so ive been getting free satellite radio for a year. the only thing i liked more on the mustang was the interior trim (excluding the gauges) + the exhaust system sounded better. the camaro's is a little quieter. 

i agree with everyone on the challengers looks. of the 3, the camaro + challenger > mustang. but driving it is a different thing entirely, i drove both the stick and auto challenger.. the auto felt like driving an old cadillac deville sedan, the manual was too slow and the gearbox was nowhere close to the camaro and mustangs. i think anyone that test drives the 3 would buy the camaro or mustang over the challenger unless driving experience isn't an issue to them. 

the SRT/8 is completely different tho, that car is disgusting. there are upgrades everywhere, rims, brakes, paint, interior etc. but at that price range ur now looking at almost 50k which puts u in ZL1 and gt500 range. 

i would get a boss 302 as i mentioned before over an srt/8 too. severely underrated car. 

You guys know what Ford stands for right?

Found

On

Road

Delighted

110k miles on my 09 corolla....0 problems so far.
My next car will be a prius. I have my motorcycle for fun driving. All i want is a car great on gas mileage and very reliable. (I am a commuter 125 miles round trip each day).

I don't think i will buy an ameican car anytime soon. Mostly because of word of mouth. All of my friends that have Fords have had problems. My friends fiesta had transmission slip problems at 40k miles. My other friends (granted it was older) escape had the transmission blow at 75k miles.

Sorry ford by i am officially brand loyal to Toyota until something goes wrong. Or until im rich and can have a play/fun car....and then maybe da hemi will be in my 5 car garage

You cant get anymore boring than a corolla. Least you gotta bike.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom