Former Villanova player, Will Sheridan, comes out of closet

Originally Posted by Nako XL

He's BEEN out of the closet.� Just no one paid attention til this article.� He's been very openly gay for a while.� Anyone who's paid attention to his music career knew.

wow you are 100% correct holy +%@% on that video

Originally Posted by Nako XL

He's BEEN out of the closet.� Just no one paid attention til this article.� He's been very openly gay for a while.� Anyone who's paid attention to his music career knew.

wow you are 100% correct holy +%@% on that video

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

DCAllAmerican wrote:

Wow, this is like the 3rd person within the last 24 hours.

Don Lemon
Rick Welts (Suns Owner) - http://espn.go.com/blog/t...-welts-out-of-the-closet

what the hell is going on all of a sudden?

Acceptance
Tolerance
Progress
Dudes are already accomplished. They can come out now knowing that their career won't be affected by their sexuality because they have a successful track record that cannot be ignored.

DCAllAmerican wrote:

Don Lemon

Acceptance
Tolerance
Progress
Dudes are already accomplished. They can come out now knowing that their career won't be affected by their sexuality because they have a successful track record that cannot be ignored.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Why things like this matter is beyond comprehension.

I'm straight, in fact I don't even have any gay male friends, ( I know a handful of females though) and people always wonder why I have such a strong stance on gay rights.

And the answer is simple. Athlete or not people deserve the simple human dignity of living happily as who they are so long as they aren't hurting anyone. Racism is the exact same thing. The EXACT same.

And yet there's such a negative stigma attached to it. Not just in sports but in life.

I wouldn't bat an eyelash if one of my friends told me he was gay. My answer to such a revelation would likely be something like,  "Sooo are we still going to McDonalds or what?"

Even in the people who are giving Sheridan props in this very thread still have to precurse or follow it with some sort of backhanded gay joke to make themselves ok with it.

Example. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

A Villanova big man is gay, what s a surprise
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Props to him for coming out now & his teammates being cool with it that whole time though
pimp.gif
.  If Sumpter hadn't gotten hurt, still believe they prolly win it all that year.

Implying what? That being gay is inherently bad? Why exactly? Is there an answer other than it says so in a book somewhere?

People are people. And so long as they are not hurting anyone or breaking any laws they deserve dignity and respect.

Props to Sheridan for living his life and not hiding it.

On the other hand that music video is bad on a universal scale.

Looks like an SNL skit. 
laugh.gif

THIS, specifically the last 3 lines.

I'm straight, in fact I don't even have any gay male friends, ( I know a handful of females though) and people always wonder why I have such a strong stance on gay rights.

And the answer is simple. Athlete or not people deserve the simple human dignity of living happily as who they are so long as they aren't hurting anyone. Racism is the exact same thing. The EXACT same.

And yet there's such a negative stigma attached to it. Not just in sports but in life.

I wouldn't bat an eyelash if one of my friends told me he was gay. My answer to such a revelation would likely be something like,  "Sooo are we still going to McDonalds or what?"

Even in the people who are giving Sheridan props in this very thread still have to precurse or follow it with some sort of backhanded gay joke to make themselves ok with it.

Example. 

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Props to him for coming out now & his teammates being cool with it that whole time though
pimp.gif
.  If Sumpter hadn't gotten hurt, still believe they prolly win it all that year.

Implying what? That being gay is inherently bad? Why exactly? Is there an answer other than it says so in a book somewhere?

People are people. And so long as they are not hurting anyone or breaking any laws they deserve dignity and respect.

Looks like an SNL skit. 
laugh.gif

THIS, specifically the last 3 lines.

My man who played ball @ Temple told me about this YEARS ago. Dude was openly gay...it's only just now getting out in the media.

My man who played ball @ Temple told me about this YEARS ago. Dude was openly gay...it's only just now getting out in the media.

Originally Posted by Furrell

DCAllAmerican wrote:

Don Lemon

Acceptance

Tolerance

Progress

Basically.. Still shows a little progress though.

Originally Posted by Furrell

DCAllAmerican wrote:

Don Lemon

Acceptance

Tolerance

Progress

Basically.. Still shows a little progress though.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

eek.gif
Nardi Looks MAD UNCOMFORTABLE in that Picture.

Like he used to hold Sheridan's pocket and walk around the Dorms on some Jail %+!#

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

eek.gif
Nardi Looks MAD UNCOMFORTABLE in that Picture.

Like he used to hold Sheridan's pocket and walk around the Dorms on some Jail %+!#

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Example. 

eek.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
If Sumpter hadn't gotten hurt, still believe they prolly win it all that year.

Looks like an SNL skit. 
laugh.gif

first thing bolded, I can only imagine that being true, woulda been great to see them win, should of beaten UNC the year before on that phantom travel on Allan Ray. 
but he's just joking around saying that Nova's big men a soft, which, aside from Cunningham and Yarou, I can somewhat agree with, being a Villanova fan.

Example. 

eek.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
If Sumpter hadn't gotten hurt, still believe they prolly win it all that year.

Looks like an SNL skit. 
laugh.gif

first thing bolded, I can only imagine that being true, woulda been great to see them win, should of beaten UNC the year before on that phantom travel on Allan Ray. 
but he's just joking around saying that Nova's big men a soft, which, aside from Cunningham and Yarou, I can somewhat agree with, being a Villanova fan.

Back
Top Bottom