Four dead in East Williamsburg; gunman shot self on roof after killing three others: NYPD

the nomad

Banned
usa.jpg

LUCAS JACKSON/REUTERS

Cops stand outside scene of multiple shooting crime scene on Maujer Street in Brooklyn.

An indie rock musician angry over being booted from his band killed three people in an early morning shooting in East Williamsburg before going to the roof and shooting himself, police said Monday.

The gunman and some of the victims were said to have ties to an Iranian indie rock band called The Yellow Dogs, which formed in Tehran in 2006 and called Brooklyn home, according to their Wikipedia page.

The gunman was found dead on the roof from a single blast from a .308-caliber rifle, apparently fired from the bottom of his chin, a source said.  

One spent shell casing was next to the body, suggesting the self-inflicted wound was the only round fired from the roof, the source said.

The gunman has not been identified.

article-rifle-map-1111.jpg

RELATED: COPS CHARGE FACEBOOK-HAPPY TEEN FOR BRYANT PARK SHOOTING

[Police found four dead in an apartment building in East Williamsburg.]

GOOGLE/NBC 4 NEW YORK
Police found four dead in an apartment building in East Williamsburg.

The violence began shortly after midnight at 318 Maujer Street. 

Police had already converged on Morgan Ave. and Grand St. after receiving reports of a man with a rifle.

Once inside, cops found a 27-year-old man on the second floor dead from a gunshot wound to the chest. 

Two more men, including a 35-year-old, were found shot in the head on the third floor. 

A 22-year-old man was also shot in the arm and wounded. He was sent to Elhurst Hospital and is in stable condition.

usa.jpg

[Police have not released details about the victims or why they were shot.]

LUCAS JACKSON/REUTERS
Police have not released details about the victims or why they were shot.

Police did not identify the victims. The gunman didn't fire at police, and the officers did not fire their weapons, cops said. 

Photos from The Yellow Dogs Facebook page showed a tousled-haired crew performing at Brooklyn's The Knitting Factory and other venues. 

The band also appeared in a 2009 film about Iran’s indie rock scene, "No One Knows About Persian Cats," which won a special jury prize at the Cannes Film Festival that year, according to Wikipedia.

Martin Greenman, 63, who works around the corner at 406 Maujer St., said he'd seen the band members in the area as recently as Friday.

"I see them almost everyday... It's just unbelievable. To see somebody on Friday and on Monday you're telling me there dead," Greenman said. 

"They seem like really nice guys," he said. "They didn't seem to be in anyway to be violent guys. They weren't rabble rousers or anything like that."

With Joe Kemp and Philip Caulfield 

I live in Williamsburg
And this is a tragedy

But how come you posted this on Niketalk? There are thousands of gun related murders every day

Did you know anyone related to this case?

I mean no offense - and its sad to admit that because we are so used to Gun violence in this country - one does not usually post something like this unless its particularly unique/related to them.

so I'm curious

(my prayers go out to the victims and their families nonetheless)

:wow: I used to work on Maujer St.. crazy. Warma's cafe on Lorimer & Maujer has a top 3 Reuben sandwich in NYC (imho)

There are a lot of poor, desperate hipsters around the area, many of them are into drugs too. Guess somebody was bound to snap eventually

Last edited:
This is wild. I literally just got back to DC after staying around the corner from the scene of this over the weekend.

I was cracking jokes all weekend with my friends about how everybody in Williamsburg seems to walk around with some sort of instrument 
laugh.gif

Chances are I probably seen one of these dudes involved yesterday.

Hipsters are losers, Williamsburg as a "cultural hub" is a joke, it's home to weirdos and trust fund depleted losers who use the cover of "self-expression" to conceal they're poor and made bad choices in life. They're racist, and their irony and smug humor is just an antithesis to cope with cultures and classes that can afford things they cant.

Hipsters are truly disgusting people if you take the time to analyze them closely. 

But with stop and frisk the Iranian guy would've slid past since cops would be too busy frisking the blacks and Latinos.

Shame that violence is the only answer for some

I don't think stop and frisk would've prevented this, don't believe it's their type of crowd the NYPD will stop and frisk.

Last edited by a moderator:
would stopped and frisked have worked in this situation doe?

..are stop and frisks random, at a LEOs discretion, or is everybody checked at certain areas ( like DUIs checkpoints) ?

im not from NYC so i dont know very much about it

Last edited:

Like the cops really wanna "stop and frisk" hipsters walking around with guitar cases in their Toms. 
laugh.gif
Cops wouldn't have even stopped and frisked the Trenchcoat Mafia.

Stop and Frisk. Such a bogus tactic.

Last edited:
Like the cops really wanna "stop and frisk" hipsters walking around with guitar cases in their Toms. 
laugh.gif
As a taxpayer, voter and resident (with a wife and children), it's not about what they really "WANNA" do, it's what's they're GONNA do. I know they're busy with Barneys but there's work to be done in other parts of New York City.

:stoneface: @ the direction this thread went, so quickly too. Then I saw the OP.

RIP.

Last edited:
Stop N Frisk is only another step in making this a police state. "get yo hands outta my pocket!"

Not a bad song either, I supported all the local bands of Williamsburg last year, but it's a waste, these guys all become jaded after moving to the area. It's not what they think it is or what they've seen on TV.

America and its softicity is at an all time high. Kids gonna be ready to merk something soon as they hear the coloring outside the lines.

How did you get that, from that?
Agreed, I think it's the total opposite, I think American privilege makes us soft, like I said they come to Williamsburg and become jaded by the deceptive picture America paints.
Hipsters are scum of the Earth, and people who look up to them or try to fit that mold are headed down a long path of mental health issues. These people are rejects, and Williamsburg is their enclave. So when non-Americans come here thinking they'll be "accepted" if they just look the part, they don't realize they're taking lead from rejects and social outcasts. 

Hipsters are a very small part of New York, maybe in the 80's and 90's they were big and more authentic, but anything after 2008 is fail.

Last edited:
How did you get that, from that?

"An indie rock musician angry over being booted from his band killed three people"
Dude got kicked outta his band and went of a killing spree....And then kills himself
Soft and emo.
Ppl cant handle rejection or criticism now a days.
Get over it, go solo, you would have done that later on anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom