Fox announces X-Files revival... Vol. I Want to Believe...

Watched the big blue lake monster episode .. Trrrible idea since I went fishing alone at night had me paranoid while I was reading in the water

http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fa...book/B06Y46VB4L?source_code=AUDORWS0406179K3I

61c9XawGVCL._SL300_.jpg

[h2]FOX REVIVES 'THE X-FILES' ... AGAIN[/h2]
APRIL 20, 2017, 4:21 P.M.

The truth is out there and it's this: Fox is re-resurrecting "The X-Files." 

Following last year's successful revival, the network announced Thursday that it has ordered a second chapter to "The X-Files" event series.

Stars Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny will once again reprise their roles as Dana Scully and Fox Mulder for the 10-episode installment, which will again be executive produced by creator Chris Carter. 

"Chris’ creativity, along with the brilliant work of David and Gillian, continue to propel this pop culture phenomenon, and we can’t wait to see what fresh mysteries Mulder and Scully uncover in this next chapter of 'The X-Files,' " said David Madden, president of Fox Broadcasting Co., in a statement. 

"The X-Files," which ran for nine seasons from 1993 through 2001 in its initial run, was revived as a six-episode event series last year. It drew an average of 16 million viewers across multiple platforms. 

Production on the next chapter in the event series will begin this summer, and the series is slated to air during the 2017-18 season.  

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...-news-updates-april-1492729738-htmlstory.html

While the reboot probably wasn't as good as it could have been, I enjoyed it... and am glad there are more coming!

@GillianA

You ready for more of this @davidduchovny? [emoji]128294[/emoji] #TheXFiles

C95ay-sXUAA-3PT.jpg

C95ay-sW0AA72s4.jpg

Please get Vince Gilligan to write and direct some episodes this time around. The weakest ones last year were written and/or by Chris Carter, and he was involved in half of the six.

New “X-Files” Picks Up Immediately After the Finale, Plot Details Revealed

x-files.jpg

Those left on the edge of their seats by the season finale of the X-FILES revival won’ have to wait long to see the immediate aftermath.

“When we start the [new] season, it will pick up right where the season finale from the last season left off,” Fox Entertainment president David Madden told a group reporters following the executives’ panel at the Television Critics’ Association’s summer press tour Tuesday. “So it’s that big – if you remember the ending, with the helicopters [circling]. It takes you right from there. We will then get launched into a very urgent adventure that will have a lot to do with William, Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully’s (Gillian Anderson) kid. The search for William will thread through the show.

Madden also revealed some classic characters will be showing up in the new season.

“You will see the Cigarette Smoking Man, you may even see, maybe, tips of the Lone Gunmen somewhere in there,” he said. “There will be other characters from the previous mythology that will be reprised. Eight of the episodes will be standalone stories, more classic X-Files, Mulder and Scully and other characters plunging into [mysteries].”

Ten episodes of The X-Files will premiere on Fox in 2018.
s

I'll watch but man the episodes written and/or directed by Carter last season were garbage :smh:

Any news who the writers are for the new season? Hoping for Gilligan to write a MOTW :nerd:

Saw Conduit the other day ( EP 4 from S1) :frown::pimp: made me want to rewatch the whole series again :lol:

Love this show IN on Season 11

after how bad that "mini-series" was....

im cool i rather watch someone get each one of their finger nails pulled off with a pair of rusty pliers

I still hold x-files in a high regard, and would like to keep it that way

Back
Top Bottom