Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
...guys are still in the moment, movie was about 2/5.

What moment is that, I watched it last night and I am still fairly new deadpool fan but read almost everything that released with him in the past 3 years. From what I read they captured him perfectly. Fight scenes were dope and it was funny. I don't know what people were expecting, I think RR did a phenomenal job, HE IS DEADPOOL. One of the best superhero movies out there IMO.

As a Deadpool fan, movie was fantastic. You have an embarrassingly corny sense of humor so I'm afraid to ask,but any more details than just "movie sucked"?
How about I ask, what did you like about it? My sense of humor is the kind that kids will Google and re-brand 10-15 years from now. I didn't say it sucked, but it doesn't deserve as much praise as it's getting. It's clearly paid for, or I watched a different Deadpool with the same cast. 

Last edited:
How about I ask, what did you like about it? My sense of humor is the kind that kids will Google and re-brand 10-15 years from now. I didn't say it sucked, but it doesn't deserve as much praise as it's getting. It's clearly paid for, or I watched a different Deadpool with the same cast. 

No way, the movie captured dead pool perfectly.

The humor, violence, and most of all it being rated R made it a spectacular comic book movie.

It was a breathe of fresh air.

I saw spawn as one of the realist comic book movies prior to this, but dead pool has taken that top spot.

Last edited:

No way, the movie captured dead pool perfectly.

The humor, violence, and most of all it being rated R made it a spectacular comic book movie.

It was a breathe of fresh air.

I saw spawn as one of the realist comic book movies prior to this, but dead pool has taken that top spot.

Basically, you must not have read a single page of a Deadpool comic. Doesn't matter about your "re-brand" (cringe), or what anyone else wanted the humor to be, it was a good, true representation of the character and his humor.

Not attacking you but you got some cornball responses man, what was your old sn? just general curiosity, no malice intended.

Basically, you must not have read a single page of a Deadpool comic. Doesn't matter about your "re-brand" (cringe), or what anyone else wanted the humor to be, it was a good, true representation of the character and his humor.

Not attacking you but you got some cornball responses man, what was your old sn? just general curiosity, no malice intended.
I've been reading Deadpool since the late 90's. See, the thing is I'm not trying to be anything other than what I am. You're not stating your opinion, you're attacking my character because you can't come up with a legitimate and honest reason why Deapool deserves higher than a 2/5.

Like I stated before, I'm usually ahead of my time. People are usually jealous because my views and opinions uniquely belong to me, and they can't steal them. I'd be upset too if I didn't possess a single individual opinion other than regurgitated fandom.

Last edited:
I've been reading Deadpool since the late 90's. See, the thing is I'm not trying to be anything other than what I am. You're not stating your opinion, you're attacking my character because you can't come up with a legitimate and honest reason why Deapool deserves higher than a 2/5.

Like I stated before, I'm usually ahead of my time. People are usually jealous because my views and opinions uniquely belong to me, and they can't steal them. I'd be upset too if I didn't possess a single individual opinion other than regurgitated fandom.

So why the 2/5 what's your reason for that rating?

I won't say I've read all the Deadpool comics but I've read a lot and I think the movie was great compared to other comic book to movie adaptations. I wouldn't give it a perfect score, but saying it severally lacked is ridiculous. 

What would have made the movie even better in my opinion would have been to scale back the cursing....I know that sounds stupid, but it seemed like it was kinda forced at some points. Also I don't recall Deadpool cursing that often in the comics. 
Disappointed in the post credit scene, but mainly because of the rumor hype on NT. It was still funny.

Hopefully this leads to more R rated comic movies. It's a nice change of pace from the norm. You never really feel like there's a real threat or sense of danger in those other films, at least to me anyway.

I did state my reason, you still haven't, but keep on cornballing.
laugh.gif
 ...the most entertaining part of your responses are the fact that you truly believe you're in a position to judge anyone.

Last edited:
As a Deadpool fan, movie was fantastic. You have an embarrassingly corny sense of humor so I'm afraid to ask,but any more details than just "movie sucked"?

Isn't deadpool's character about dat corny / cheesey humor though?

Hopefully this leads to more R rated comic movies. It's a nice change of pace from the norm. You never really feel like there's a real threat or sense of danger in those other films, at least to me anyway.

Probably the less well known stuff that aren't expected to get crazy money. Like how we got The Watchmen and Kick*ss. marvel was smart to team up with netflix for more edgy content. I'm more entertained by gloomy, depressing stories than happy stuff.

I'm giving this a 6.9/8 7.5/8

I had fun. Best thing that Fox has done in a while.

My nitpicks (because that's what they are) are of the very nerdy kind so I won't bore you

BUT KUDOS ON SNEAKING BOB FROM HYDRA IN THE MOVIE!!!! Google it.

Also, the end fight was on a SHIELD Helicarrier....

EDIT: Just find out something and it changes my rating.

I was saying that to my boys and they were like nah, it was just a big ship :lol:

A huge ship... did they even look at the engines when they panned out?!?!

I won't say I've read all the Deadpool comics but I've read a lot and I think the movie was great compared to other comic book to movie adaptations. I wouldn't give it a perfect score, but saying it severally lacked is ridiculous. 

What would have made the movie even better in my opinion would have been to scale back the cursing....I know that sounds stupid, but it seemed like it was kinda forced at some points. Also I don't recall Deadpool cursing that often in the comics. 

Disappointed in the post credit scene, but mainly because of the rumor hype on NT. It was still funny.

Totally agree with the cursing. That's not comic book accurate IMO. A few words here and there, but the constant berating was kinda distracting. Outside of that/some of the more of memorable dialogue being shown in trailers, I loved it

Depends on the movie. Can't make a r rated movie without severely reducing the budget so that rules out a lot of movies.

Gambit, Wolverine would be really nice rated R.

What's your reasoning for the 2/5 rating? Read your posts but you don't give a reason for it

Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool has set the Thursday preview night box office record for an R-rated film, surpassing previews record holder The Hangover Part II by $2.3 million.

Ryan Reynolds Deadpool earned $12.7 million at 2,975 locations in Thursday night preview screenings in the United States. The box office haul makes Deadpool the record holder for the box office total for an R-rated film opening on Thursday night.

Originally pegged for a $55+ million opening, Deadpool is now estimated to gross $70+ million over the 4-day President's Day weekend.

Already off to an impressive international debut, Deadpool could be headed for a $125+ million opening (worldwide) from a modest production budget of just $58 million.

...guys are still in the moment, movie was about 2/5.

I know your entitled to your own opinion, but good job on being THAT GUY :lol:

Here is a list of the movies that this just blew
IronMan 2,3
Both thors
Both Avengers
Cap1
Anything out of Fox thus far
gOTG only because the end of Guardians was CHEESY AF

Totally agree with the cursing. That's not comic book accurate IMO. A few words here and there, but the constant berating was kinda distracting. Outside of that/some of the more of memorable dialogue being shown in trailers, I loved it

Yeah it was weird. He does curse but not that much. The R should be from the violence (which they lived up to btw)

Legitamate reason as to why it was better than 2/5

-costume design 10/10
-genuinely funny
-action packed
-it dared to go rated R, that alone in this sea of saturated superhero flicks geared to serve all audiences, this one dare to reach those of us that grew up in the 80/90's exclusively....that alone >>>
-some of the best quotables of any comic book movie
-all this with quite possibly the most simple storyline EVER.

Deadpool easily the best fox cbm out there. But as far as the mcu it still isn't that good that it's beating all those movies you're naming

List of mcu films I'd put Deadpool over:

Incredible Hulk
IM2 and 3
Thor 1 and Thor 2
Cap 1

That's about it.

What makes Deadpool work is its sense of humor amd the freedom it had with the r rating. Take that away and it's a bare bones plot with average action beats.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom