Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
movie was amazing

x23 looking like the future goat

xavier was lulz

Last edited:
Is this movie really on par with TDK? to me it was an incredible amount of components that made TDK worthy of a best picture nomination.
-joker's performance
-The ideals introduced
-choices made
-impeccable writing
-awesome practical effects used for the action

I still remember that feeling I got watching the end for the first time and Gordon delivers that monologue with Bats riding off on the motorcycle

I'm not doubting Logan is a great film, but does it have that many amazing components to it, where you are just knocked off your feet like that? Those that already saw it, are you planning on a second THEATER viewing? I know if I see a movie twice in the theater, it's something special, and TDK was something special.

Is this movie really on par with TDK? to me it was an incredible amount of components that made TDK worthy of a best picture nomination.
-joker's performance
-The ideals introduced
-choices made
-impeccable writing

I still remember that feeling I got watching the end for the first time and Gordon delivers that monologue with Bats riding off on the motorcycle

I'm not doubting Logan is a great film, but does it have that many amazing components to it, where you are just knocked off your feet like that? Those that already saw it, are you planning on a second THEATER viewing? I know if I see a movie twice in the theater, it's something special, and TDK was something special.

Im just gonna copy my response from the MCU thread to answer. And yes. I'm rewatching it today.

Blood and violence don't make a movie great

:lol: Have you seen it? That's not why it's a great movie. Great acting, great characters, well shot, great pacing, great dialogue, believable motivation for characters, social/political commentary, humanizes X-Men characters in a way that hasn't been done since we saw WHY Magneto became a villain in First Class (though most of that movie fell short), etc...

This movie was NOT your typical comic book movie. It changes the genre and sets a new standard.

Last edited:
All the praise has prompted me to watch this today instead of tomorrow. It better be decent and not a complete waste of my time.

Last edited:
good film, I think suffered a bit from some scattered plotting.

but at least had a fresh point of view which most super hero films don't.
Explain

The plot all flowed well to me, the connections made sense, would be interested to hear what it scattered.

This film made the characters human and vulnerable like no other comic book film. That plus everything you wish you had from a Wolverine movie. His pain was so evident and real man, hard to watch someone you've known for 20 years go through it. I'm not ready to annoint it the best, but definitely the best of anything Fox has ever done. Deadpool got me to evoke happy emotions and hurt my face, this did the same with emotions on the opposite end of the spectrum.

-joker's performance
-The ideals introduced
-choices made
-impeccable writing

TDK is still at the absolute number 1 spot for me, in terms of comic book films and I said this to my friend as soon as we walked out of AMC (Yes, we watched the film in Dolby and it was well worth the money). In all honesty, I wouldn't really argue with somebody that did choose to place Logan as their top choice, because the film is that ******* good. It's like comparing Cowboy Bebop to to any other anime, in terms of the GOAT anime. Even if I disagree with Bebop being the greatest, I can't necessarily say that you're outright wrong to think so, as I could if someone tried to throw Pokemon into that discussion or if someone tried to argue for Daredevil being the greatest comic book films. Bebop is a real contender for that title, as is, plain and simple.

I then think that what you end up choosing is going to come down to personal preference more than anything else. Overall, I think TDK is the better story. I think that the performances you get along the way also feature the core actors at the top of their game, just like Logan does with its actors. I think that there are some twists in TDK that I didn't see coming when I was first watching the film, managing to break the general feeling of "been there, done that" that a lot of films have these days. I can still remember how I first felt watching that film whenever I watch it now and remember being completely blown away by what was happening. Health Ledger's performance was legendary, keeping me on the edge of my seat as I watched Bale and the cops try to take him down, with him being one step ahead of them every time. That is the perfect example of how the Joker should be. Intelligent, manipulative, and chaotic, without being some demonic entity with super special abilities or some ancient connection between him, Batman, and Gotham. That's the Joker at his best. You've got the cops pushed to the edge, Jim Gordon pushed to the edge, Batman pushed to the edge, the city on the verge of collapse, losses suffered on all sides, the death of Batman's love interest, the destruction of Harvey Dent, questions regarding Batman's effectiveness, and it is all played out perfectly, without flaw. I then end my viewing(s) of the film in the same way I did Logan, only missing a few extra, minor things that would qualify as more continuity nods for longtime fans of the character/concept. I then can't possibly put X-24, in Logan, above The Joker. I just can't. As I explained in my review and yesterday, X-24 still makes a perfect antagonist for Logan and the film in general, calling back to themes that the character has been dealing with in the comics for decades. I really don't know that any other villain would have worked as well, but I just think that The Joker, in TDK, is better overall. Both fit the films they're in, but I just think The Joker is better. I can't say it any other way.

Logan still has everything going for it though. I don't want my praise of TDK to come off as if i'm saying Logan was lacking in any way, because it really wasn't. For a Wolverine film, I honestly think this is the best we could ever hope for. This is the film that we deserved all these years, perfectly capturing both the highs and lows of the character. In this film, you see Logan at his best and at his worst, and what's so great about it is that it isn't just physical. Yes, you see him at his physical peak via X-24 and far past his prime as the man himself. But, and I cannot stress this enough, you also seem him at his highest and lowest in terms of emotion. You've got the worst parts of Logan's psyche represented in X-24, being thrown against the best represented in James Howlett/Wolverine. You see Logan in a way that you'd typically have to read multiple different stories to find. You've got the father, the son, the student, the animal, the man, etc. You've got him dealing with his impending death, trying to care for Charles, who has done so much for him, struggling to deal with being thrust into a father role, long after he assumed he was done with that. You've got this man who has lived longer than any other hero we've ever seen on the big screen dealing with the fact that he's now outlived everyone he ever cared for and trying to remain detatched, so that losing the last few things/people he has doesn't hurt him that much more. I really don't think that Logan can be given anything less than a 9/10 as a film. I certainly plan to watch it again, this Tuesday in fact, and I would definitely suggest that anyone thinking about skipping out on this film go and see it as well.

The fact that people are considering a FOX-Men movie to be TDK caliber

giphy.gif

I can taste the jimmies being rustled from here

People need to relax. Film is great but is not void of any flaws. Supporting cast isn't all that. Caliban honestly didn't need to be there. Villains were meh but nobody will bring that up. Reaver guy is two-dimensional and the scientist is nothing more than evil science guy. I didnt get the same reaction from X-24 like yall did. That decision was lame to me. Pacing was a problem at times. I've seen it twice and in both occasions, I've seen people fall asleep. It was hard to feel for their death's because I knew it was coming, but what made up for that was Logan and Laura speaking at the graves. Also the fact that we're not gonna see Hugh anymore. No reasoning as to why he's dying due to his admantium. He just is because of plot reasons. Action got a bit repetitive but Ill file that as a minor complaint due to finally seeing Wolverine go berserk.

Before folks start crying, I gave it a 4.5 / 5. As a whole, I will put this above TDK, as I believe its a better film overall and its definitely top 5.

Last edited:
Just came back from watching Logan...

wow..
seriously the best super hero movie ever.... if you can even call it that.
it made something so simple so deep.. a father and daughter relationship.

people were crying during logan's death scene and the part where x-23 calls her "daddy" for the first time... then when she turned the cross into an "X"... 

Also the little girl was made good. esp when x-24 killed xavier she just went ham on dude in that small room.. that scene was amazing.

10/10 from me.

Back
Top Bottom