Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Deadpool-2-Thanksgiving-Poster.jpg

Deadpool-2-Good-Housekeeping-Poster.jpg

They dumb as hell. Should’ve casted her as another character because no matter how hard they try we don’t give a damn about mystique or her being the focus of the xmen.

What is it with Fox and Mystique??? I don’t get what’s the need to have her front and center in these movies. I really wish Disney would buy back the rights to X-Men. I’d trade the rated-R Deadpool movies for some good MCU pg-13 X-Men movies.

REPORT: Disney’s Bid to Buy Fox’s Movie Assets Isn’t Dead Yet

Despite indication that Disney’s potential acquisition of 21st Century Fox’s movie assets was thought to be dead, a new report notes that “pencils aren’t down,” meaning, the deal could still very well happen.

According to CNBC, Disney and Fox “haven’t given up” on the idea to house their film divisions under one corporation at Disney. This should undoubtedly please fans hoping for the Fantastic Four and X-Men’s film rights under the same roof as characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The deal between Disney and Sony to have Spider-Man be a part of the MCU went through a similar news cycle, with reports of the rights being handed over, before other reports speculated the deal was dead. Of course, it eventually happened, and we got Spider-Man’s appearance in Captain America: Civil War, and subsequently Spider-Man: Homecoming, which featured appearances from the MCU’s Iron Man and Captain America.

After a deal was made between Sony and Marvel Studios to share Spider-Man, fans hoped Marvel and Fox could work out a similar deal to allow for the X-Men and Fantastic Four to join the Avengers on the big screen. Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige has repeatedly reaffirmed that while fans should never say never, the chances of it happening seemed — and continue to be — slim. Or, are they?

Notably, Disney’s acquisition of 21st Century Fox’s assets doesn’t include the FOX broadcast network, as a company cannot legally own two broadcast networks, and Disney already owns ABC.

Marvel Studios recently celebrated $5 billion at the domestic office after Thor: Ragnarok earned an astounding $121 million from its opening weekend stateside. Up next for the entertainment giant is Black Panther.
:nthat:

Buy em, let them remain their own division, wipe all that **** clean, let Feigi overlook everything, and flourish.

All you need after IW 2 is an after credit scene with somebody with the infinity gauntlet tweaking the MCU.

If you want you can throw in a Legion or adult Franklin Richards or Beyomder as the catalyst or w/e but that'll explain the change.

I don't think Marvel can still keep the X-Men in their own universe still. As things are now, you can introduce mutants and the whole oppression of them as something new. Just wrap up the new Inhumans on Earth story line.

IMO, introduce an altered original team (all white won't work) in their late teens. That way they can still bounce off of Tony and Steve as the veteran heroes.

Keep DP as is. If they want make up a side studio for rated R joints. Maybe revive Blade.

Honestly, chill on the spinoffs. I don't need a New Mutants movie. Nobody should listen to Rob Liefeld who thinks the X-Men can be Fox studio's Star Wars. Lets see how X-Force goes.

Technically Blade doesn't have a daughter. It was a terrible idea that never saw the light of day. Blade IS back in a new team-up book along with Johnny Blaze. It's pretty meh though.

I actually liked the Blade TV series with Sticky Fingaz. :lol:

They had planned a Blade comic about his daughter and then reconnecting as she basically did what he does but due to dropouts and background issues the comic has never come out.

So technically he doesn't :lol:

For some weird reason, I never even saw the Sticky Fingaz Blade series :lol:

:lol: @ Chastain bringing attention back on to Singer.

When I think about it further entire casts of X-Men movies were fine with Singer directing after being accused of some sick pedo ****.

The actors can try to be honest and just say they didn’t care. Do people even get criticized for working or praising roman polanski? The guy is a monster and still working.

The keep trying to make JLaw happen.

I'm not even mad at Hollywood finally getting it's predators. Only bad part is minor weirdos like Louis CK will get overly hit too. It is what it is though.

:lol: @ Chastain bringing attention back on to Singer.

When I think about it further entire casts of X-Men movies were fine with Singer directing after being accused of some sick pedo ****.
Man the singer accusations are crazy tho.

"An Open Secret" doc was like :wow:

'Gambit' Reportedly Recruits 'True Grit' Production Designer

The Gambit movie has a director and a release date and now the long-delayed film may just have a production designer, too.

Omega Underground reports that Oscar-nominated production designer Jess Gonchor has been hired by 20th Century Fox for the upcoming X-Men film. Gonchor is best known for his work with the Coen Brothers, with credits including True Grit, No Country For Old Men, and Moneyball. Gonchor has also previously worked with Gambit star Channing Tatum and director Gore Verbinski on films such as The Lone Ranger and Foxcatcher.

Gonchor's hiring is the latest update on the long-delayed Gambit project. Last month it was reported that Oscar-winning costume designer Jenny Beavan had joined the project and that the film was still set to film in New Orleans under the working title "Chess". The X-Men spinoff had been planned to film there as late as March 2016 when the studio was last scheduled to film.

While there still has not been an official synopsis of the film's plot, it was also reported last month that Candra The Benefactress, a mutant integral to Remy LeBeau/Gambit's comic book origin, would be involved in movie. The inclusion of Candra could bridge Gambit to the studio's other X-Men adjacent properties, Deadpool and X-Force as Candra is a member of a group of immortal mutants known as the Externals and they are known to pick fights with Wade Wilson. It's also been rumored that Mr. Sinister may be an important villain to the story as well.

With so many details about Gambit still unknown, news of Gonchor coming on is sure to make fans happy as it's one more step towards the film's February 14, 2019 release date.

Back
Top Bottom