Fragment Design x Retro 1 High OG - Dec 27, 2014

I wonder with collabs how is the profit split? Does the collab brand get the extra $25? Are they just given extra pairs to sell? Or does nike pay them a fee for making the colorway?

I don't think Nike is paying anyone anything. The designer gets the marketing hype and notoriety for his brand.

All of us are in here talking about his brand now aren't we? And his logo is now recognizable, correct? Mission accomplished.

I wonder with collabs how is the profit split? Does the collab brand get the extra $25? Are they just given extra pairs to sell? Or does nike pay them a fee for making the colorway?

I'd believe they'd get a up front check, and a percentage of each pair sold.

Anybody order on kixify? I have an offer but just wondering.
It's a preorder. Guy says he has nike connect and is from Virginia.
It's a good price, I figure PayPal invoice will have me covered.
I preordered before off a guy and it was cool. I know it's like ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Nike is paying anyone anything. The designer gets the marketing hype and notoriety for his brand.

All of us are in here talking about his brand now aren't we? And his logo is now recognizable, correct? Mission accomplished.

Why would that matter for a brand that sells out of everything it makes at such a high price too. They dont need advertising. The people they are trying to serve know who they are. If you pay attention to streetwear brands you likely know who they are as well. Complex made a list of top 40 streetwear brands of the 2000s and these were number 11. Right under Diamond Supply.

I'd believe they'd get a up front check, and a percentage of each pair sold.

Thanks. Do you know what process nike goes through to find these designers?

Last edited:
they gettin something ... trust

whether its up front or a cut .. they get the pub and the $

Last edited:
They never gave kanye a dime. What makes you think they would give the japanese dude anything?

Seems like he needs Nike more than Nike needs him is what I am saying. Plenty of designers would collab with Nike for no charge.

Last edited:
They never gave kanye a dime. What makes you think they would give the japanese dude anything?

Seems like he needs Nike more than Nike needs him is what I am saying. Plenty of designers would collab with Nike for no charge.
Kanye got 3 million for his design contract with Nike, never got any royalties though.

Oh wow didn't know he got 3 million. Just remember his complaint of no royalties.
cause that's where the real money is in these deals.  Take the 11's that are selling as an example, lets just say for sake of argument that they made 700,000 retailing at 200 that's $140,000,000 Retail now take a % of that say 5% as a royalty, that's $7M off one shoe.  

If Ye was able to get a multi shoe deal with royalties off Nike then you can see how $3M isn't a lot.  This is why I believe him when he says he will make sure everyone can get a pair of the Adidas' coming out.  He's got a royalty deal there, and its in his best interest if they move volume.

what in the world makes yall think royals and b/w quality is the same? royals and breds are such bad quality. they need that remastered quality ASAP, glad chicagos are going to be part of that, i wouldnt be mad at all if they release all these 2013 og colorways in remastered quality.

SMH @ this elitist attitude over sneakers. Who cares what the significance of a Fragment collab is... These are just dope shoes period.

That's what it's about these days.... it's not about the love or common interest, it's about who knows more. Hell, I catch myself being a sneaker snob on occasion and it's not a good look.

SMH @ this elitist attitude over sneakers. Who cares what the significance of a Fragment collab is... These are just dope shoes period.

It's not an elitist attitude, it's the disgust in the "hype" that surrounds anything that releases now a days.

The shoe is amazing, the cut, the mold, and the blocking.

But when people grab them just because nikelab is releasing them and they are attatched to something called "fragment" that's were an "attitude" towards said people come in.

I could careless to be honest, I've said it a million times - there will be a new fad for them to follow soon enough.

I didn't care for the black/white but you guys have sold me on em over the last few pages. Need to grab em before they get to $400 like the shadows.

Well this aint just some japanese dude / any regular collab. He's the "H" in HTM. Hiroshi will get his cut for sure. 

and from what we've heard, pretty sure Mark Parker kinda hates Kanye anyway. 

this is laughable.

It aint uncommon for the successor to become more popular than the OG. Imo the second generation rappers are far more important than the first even tho second generation pay homage to the first all the time. Basically Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Nas, Jay-Z, Wu-Tang, and all of them, to me, are far more important than Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, Slick Rick, Rakim, and those guys (even tho I love these guys too)

View media item 1198926

Agree 100% on the black/white--just a great shoe and surprisingly excellent quality.

Dont know why you laughing. If it wasnt for Dre, Big, and Pac and nem hip hop would've been a fad that eventually died down.

You honestly think Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 could've carried the genre like that? The late 80s cats could not have blown up hip hop like that. NWA being the only exception

The 80s guys started it but the early 90s guys DEFINED it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom