Fragment Design x Retro 1 High OG - Dec 27, 2014

"Lighting bolt"

Dat education level flow
pimp.gif
maybe I'm just seeing things??? its not a lightning bolt everyone has been comparing all through the thread

Ok, so you should be able to understand this.... You refer to hype... but isn't it ALLLL hype? I had original AJ XI's in HS bought them from J.C. Pennys, multiple pairs because I saw the shoes and loved them, but for some strange reason EVERYONE and their mom now knows what the AJ XI is and you see them 20 years later on kids that really only have hype to go off of. Unless you are MJ himself, every Jordan sneaker that you buy is HYPE, goes for every model, every colorway, limited, GR etc.
For the younger generation yes but for us older guys not so much. More nostalgic reasons for me personally.

Look, my whole point is that people getting brainwashed too easily these days over these sneakers. I have just one pair of Jordan 1's and they're the Barons. Colorway is good and I like them a lot but they the same as these Frags, less in leather quality but everything else is basically the same. Jordan makes about half the about, throws out the word collab and people go crazy. You got tons of fools in here talking about doubling up and damn near paying 5X retail for them. Why? Are they really that good? No! Can all those people afford them? I doubt it. People getting tricked. They entering twitter raffles and getting raped and losing their money or like that article above about kicks above everything else. The "Hype" has gotten these people kinda like a drug. They hooked, If they don't got Frags or Yeezys they cant function. I'm sure you saw that Judge Judy youtube clip about those 2 teens in court over yeezys, well how do you think that stuff starts....from the Hype machine. Don't buy into it people, use your heads before spending $800+ on a real ordinary shoe. If you rich and don't care about cash then go ahead but you know the majority of those who are buying are those who can't afford them straight up

after reading all the responses, it does kinda seem like [COLOR=#red]@jayoo88[/COLOR]s total disregard and lack of respect for this shoe that folks dropped so much money on and obviously hold with such high esteem has indeed rustles many jimmies. :lol:

yall really going UP in here.

View media item 1360967

Since we're talking about Hype/Nostalgia... for us older dudes, lets not forget how people looked at us in the late 80's early 90's for paying $99-$124.99 for a pair of HYPED up shoes.

Everything is affected by inflation, even hype! lol

@jayoo88 I'll tell you why I think they are so great. 2 reasons;

I, for one, love Jordan 1's and have gotten most, if not all the color ways I wanted. At retail. This is a color way that I wanted due to me being a Orlando Magic fan. The fact they were so limited pissed me off cause had they not been done by Fragment I probably would have gotten a pair, no problem.

Secondly, the fact they used a mold more true to OG and better quality or made them "remastered" as compared to more recent releases just added to the value of them. I have Banned 1's and BIN 5's and those to me are best I've owned from Jordan Brand. If these are even close to that then I'll love em even more. From most people who have gotten a pair it seems that the quality is definitely improved.

Not to many places got em and only Nike Lab and a few Euro spots released online, which made this a really tough release. You had to be on it on each site with flawless execution or have a bot. Trust me I tried and was on as much as I could be. FAILED! You brought up Jeters cause they are similar in resell value. We'll if Im not mistaken Jeters were more widely available. Correct me if Im wrong. I understand the story line behind that shoe, but they were still not as limited as the Fragments...as far as how many retailers had them available. This definitely contributed to the resell value unfortunately IMO.

I never thought I'd ever pay $800 for a pair of shoes, but guess what? I did and not regretting it one bit. I sold 3 pairs of shoes that I paid retail for, for over retail. (Bred 11, Grape 5, Taxi 12) and worn pair of Gloves. All of which I had no problem getting rid of. These will get beat and look better long- term than the aforementioned pairs. All the hype killed it for us that truly wanted a pair to wear. Anyways, my 2 cents. Sorry for the rant

Good luck to all those still on the hunt.
shout out to raider for being a true NT'er. you the real mvp for that response..thanks for clearing some stuff up and the honesty.. i needed to read that to understand what was good with this shoe..this all could have ended a while ago but some continued to act like ghosts whose souls haunt the sneaker salt mines of america

Last edited:
Since we're talking about Hype/Nostalgia... for us older dudes, lets not forget how people looked at us in the late 80's early 90's for paying $99-$124.99 for a pair of HYPED up shoes.

Everything is affected by inflation, even hype! lol
But there wasn't hype back then. Jordan wasn't nearly as popular in the late 80's. Back then Reebok reigned supreme, Reebok, Adidas and Converse of course. Nike & Jordan were the small guys. My first pair was the Jordan 4 Cements. When my mom took me shoe shopping I didn't pick it because of MJ rather it was the best looking shoe I saw on the wall. No hype it just looked the best and you could just walk into any store and purchase them. Ahhh the memories.......now I gotta go sign up for rigged raffles or pay a site to secure a shoe from my childhood 
mean.gif

But there wasn't hype back then. Jordan wasn't nearly as popular in the late 80's. Back then Reebok reigned supreme, Reebok, Adidas and Converse of course. Nike & Jordan were the small guys. My first pair was the Jordan 4 Cements. When my mom took me shoe shopping I didn't pick it because of MJ rather it was the best looking shoe I saw on the wall. No hype it just looked the best and you could just walk into any store and purchase them. Ahhh the memories.......now I gotta go sign up for rigged raffles or pay a site to secure a shoe from my childhood 
mean.gif
i think he means back then all the expensive shoes were hype shoes, hype meaning the retail price..not the hype we know now meaning the NEEED for the shoe like we know it now..125 on sneaker back then was like whoaaaa $$$$ and everyone knew which shoes were expensive sitting on the shelves..esp if u saw a kid with those expensive nikes from the mall

Last edited:
But there wasn't hype back then. Jordan wasn't nearly as popular in the late 80's. Back then Reebok reigned supreme, Reebok, Adidas and Converse of course. Nike & Jordan were the small guys. My first pair was the Jordan 4 Cements. When my mom took me shoe shopping I didn't pick it because of MJ rather it was the best looking shoe I saw on the wall. No hype it just looked the best and you could just walk into any store and purchase them. Ahhh the memories.......now I gotta go sign up for rigged raffles or pay a site to secure a shoe from my childhood :smh:

You're the .0000001 exception that bought the shoes because they looked the best. Most of us/99.99999999% were just caught up in MJ's hype, dunking from the free throw line and carrying on and seeing all kinds of commercials. My first pair was the fire red V's and don't get me wrong, they were nice, but if they weren't associated wth Michael Jordan, I would have never looked at them twice.

You're the .0000001 exception that bought the shoes because they looked the best. Most of us/99.99999999% were just caught up in MJ's hype, dunking from the free throw line and carrying on and seeing all kinds of commercials. My first pair was the fire red V's and don't get me wrong, they were nice, but if they weren't associated wth Michael Jordan, I would have never looked at them twice.
yup that red jump man was just fire on everything back then.. i remember being really young just being like...

jordan symbol is cool kids

Last edited:
then why is everyone getting mad at a simple F*cking question.??othrs are wondering too..hasnt been too many shoes THIS expensive this year not even db's. i wasnt trying to make anyone mad i was just asking...u can tell the ones who regret buying because they come out of no where with rude things to say..u have ur shoes m happy for you ...moving on
:lol: why do you think everyone coming at you paid resale? I'm coming at you because your remarks are repetitive & childish.

You're asking a question that will have multiple answers because it is based on OPINIONS. Contrary to salty belief, not everyone bought this shoe because of hype. I genuinely like the AJ1 model & them bringing back the OG mold did it for me.

Why are you even in this thread if you don't like the shoe? Only to rustle jimmies. I don't like the DB8 AT ALL & don't understand why people are paying aftermarket price on those but you don't catch me in the DB8 thread mocking people for liking/paying rape for that shoe & asking snide questions to get reactions out of people.

You're a grown man dog, act like it.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
why do you think everyone coming at you paid resale? I'm coming at you because your remarks are repetitive & childish.

You're asking a question that will have multiple answers because it is based on OPINIONS. Contrary to salty belief, not everyone bought this shoe because of hype. I genuinely like the AJ1 model & them bringing back the OG mold did it for me.

Why are you even in this thread if you don't like the shoe? Only to rustle jimmies. I don't like the DB8 AT ALL & don't understand why people are paying aftermarket price on those but you don't catch me in the DB8 thread mocking people for liking/paying rape for that shoe & asking snide questions to get reactions out of people.

You're a grown man dog, act like it.
you guys wouldn't stop getting butt hurt...u kept coming at me because u were salty u spent money. and couldn't understand why others weren't on the same page. we got diff tastes diff opinions.nothing wrong with that but let it die because u keep going and going. other people have told me what they think of the kicks and u acting that..im not going to like the shoe no matter what u say....others even said it too..it took u all that time to write that ??im already having convos with other people in this thread and u keep going back..relax I'm glad u got ur harry potter dunks with the lightning bolt now SHH.dude ur late to the party. its over...the piñata is torn apart and the cake is all gone.. heres your goody bag.. 

Last edited:
and thanks for finally telling me your opinion on the shoe and why you like it..which is what i wanted to hear in the first place.if you would have done that in the first place everything would have been cool..you got mad for no reason u just sounded really insecure about ur purchase and more u keep arguing the worse it gets and it lasted pages..anyways...

All this talk and people fail to mention hiroshi even once smh

That ain't just a "lightning bolt" people.

Last edited:
after reading all the responses, it does kinda seem like @jayoo88s total disregard and lack of respect for this shoe that folks dropped so much money on and obviously hold with such high esteem has indeed rustles many jimmies.
laugh.gif

yall really going UP in here.
This.

It's just a waste of time and energy responding to trolls. For the rest of the fam, stop feeding these cats, it ain't worth it. 
laugh.gif

This.

It's just a waste of time and energy responding to trolls. For the rest of the fam, stop feeding these cats, it ain't worth it. 
laugh.gif

hey it wasn't just me i asked a question....whats so great about the shoe..whys is so much money?its the highest selling shoe this year...why??many had the same question..thats all..and u guys flip out..yall some insecure babies..why u feeling down on yourselves after ur purchase?.u wanna keep it going ur just as much of a "troll". why don't u guys lighten up and continue ur thread. if i got my grails id be happy and not really care

Last edited:
"rustlin jimmies fool"....like who are u? shaft?mr jefferson? rustle them jimmies back on outa here

Back
Top Bottom