Fragment Design x Retro 1 High OG - Dec 27, 2014

So what do you all think I should do?

I fully intended on wearing them. So some will say just move on with life.

But having had AJ1's with different toe boxes on the same pair of shoes (black and whites), I know they will end up looking completely different after some wear.

Here is the pic he sent me originally, the lighting was bad so I couldn't tell the toe box was off...

I supposed I can always flip this pair and rebuy another 10. Gahhh thought I was done with this release.
I'd be picky about that too fam so I feel you. I'd flip em if you can do that. If you think you can find another pair at a good price w/o a headache, I don't see the harm in doin it. How noticeable is it at eye level? 

Depends on what you paid
If ur intent is to wear em , I would keep em
If ur intent is to keep em on ice later to flip , I would sell em and get another pair, did they come w/receipt? What are production dates etc

Around $800 for this pair w/ receipt.

Not many on the bay any more to buy in size 10. I guess if i can buy another for a decent price then i can move this one.

I just hate that i specifically asked if there was bumpy leather etc and the guy said no...

I have been emailing back and forth with him. He says they came like that and that he doesn't see it as a flaw.

But just like any consignment shop will tell you, even DS shoes price depends on quality and any aesthetic flaws.

Sole Supremacy declined to buy a bunch of gamma 11 because of a smudge within the patent leather. Same deal here.

If i paid retail i would just move on like i did with my b/w.

Last edited:
boosthog boosthog If I'm paying that kind of money, I gotta feel right about it.

I'm picky hence I don't buy used shoes but if you don't feel right about them fam make your case :pimp:

Last edited:
Spent $800 for ugly tumbled leather?! :x I'd be salty af and ask for a refund. Shoulda asked for more detailed pics. :smh:

Depends on what you paid
If ur intent is to wear em , I would keep em
If ur intent is to keep em on ice later to flip , I would sell em and get another pair, did they come w/receipt? What are production dates etc

Prod dates are normal 7/9 - 9/11

Ive noticed these have a lower integrity than the 2013s meaning much more flimsy. If they lay one way to long or the box gets bumped around it can affect the shape and cause weird wavy spots and creasing.

Ive noticed these have a lower integrity than the 2013s meaning much more flimsy. If they lay one way to long or the box gets bumped around it can affect the shape and cause weird wavy spots and creasing.

People wanted softer, so Nike changed the "backing" material on the leather.

If you pick up a 2013/2014 try and press on the black toe guard. It will be stiff. Do that to the frags and you can push them all the way in.

I think Nike used much thinner backing material so the leather would have more give. This means easier to deform, but also softer feel.

My particular right shoe looks like it was either worn or like it was at some point smashed or forcibly flexed at the toe and held in that position. Normal walking can't do this, this is like doing fob squats in them and holding it.

View media item 1365482
Paypal told me to ask for a partial refund. And if not that, then a full refund since it looks worn.

Seller said to go call Nike and complain and that "he doesn't know much about shoes and how flaws affect value".

Last edited:
Do it, just be cautious. Even if you feel like you are being super nitpicky. If you get a clean pair they are definitely superb.

He doesn't know much about shoes and how flaws affect value but sold one of the most hyped releases of the year?

People wanted softer, so Nike changed the "backing" material on the leather.

If you pick up a 2013/2014 try and press on the black toe guard. It will be stiff. Do that to the frags and you can push them all the way in.

I think Nike used much thinner backing material so the leather would have more give. This means easier to deform, but also softer feel.

My particular right shoe looks like it was either worn or like it was at some point smashed or forcibly flexed at the toe and held in that position. Normal walking can't do this, this is like doing fob squats in them and holding it.

View media item 1365482
Paypal told me to ask for a partial refund. And if not that, then a full refund since it looks worn.

Seller said to go call Nike and complain and that "he doesn't know much about shoes and how flaws affect value".

BRUHHHH

You can't be seriou haha... That toe box is perfectly fine. I know you paid $800 but kicks are kicks. Throw this pair on and keep the perfect pair DS.

You are stressing over nothing to be honest. If you don't want them, there are thousands of others that would take them in a sec. I have yet to even see a perfect pair of DS Banneds. Every pair I've seen comes pre creased and that quality is Grade A for JB

Enjoy your doubles Brotha. Stop sweating the small things

if you need to hold your camera that close up to show everyone and it's still barely recognizable.. just let it go.

Saw this coming weeks ago

laugh.gif
Bout a week ago?

My Nike sign area
I see nothing wrong with these either.

I know the frags aren't actual quality leather but go into a high-end boutique store & see if their leather shoes/jackets don't have some sort of creasing on there.

Good leather is suppose to crease!

Last edited:
I'm trying to fight this feeling!
Think of how many jordans you could buy, the Double Nickel 10s, the Marvin the Martian 7s, the French Blue 7s, the laser series; the amount you could spend on this shoe you could have 5 jordans in your collection...but its your money and I can't tell you what to do.

Back
Top Bottom