Fragment Design x Retro 1 High OG - Dec 27, 2014

Unless I have tons of money laying around buying up frags at over 1k, just go the laser custom route and it's all good.  Sure you don't have the bolt, but who the heck cares?  At the end of the day, we are all rocking jordans 

I love these shoes and i really cant find a reason to wear em. They are just worth a stupid amount. Honestly though there is no good reason a pair of shoes should be worth so much.
THIS. sensible people have a hard time wearing kicks that are worth so much. Theyll only get more valuable over time, and its difficult to devalue them by wearing them. of course theyre kicks and meant to be worn, but when a pair is worth 1000+ they become more than just 'a pair of shoes'. yes theyre still shoes but theyre different

dosent mean you like the shoes any less or are a reseller. just means youre sensible--this is the curse of owning shoes in the top 1%

this is why I havent copped yet....I still want them though and would wear my pair..just have to convince myself that ill never sell them anyway so why does value matter--its just hard for me to think like this- b/c im essentially saying value DOSENT matter...but value ALWAYS matters in life...dosent it?

Last edited:
THIS. sensible people have a hard time wearing kicks that are worth so much. Theyll only get more valuable over time, and its difficult to devalue them by wearing them. of course theyre kicks and meant to be worn, but when a pair is worth 1000+ they become more than just 'a pair of shoes'. yes theyre still shoes but theyre different

dosent mean you like the shoes any less or are a reseller. just means youre sensible--this is the curse of owning shoes in the top 1%

this is why I havent copped yet....I still want them though and would wear my pair..just have to convince myself that ill never sell them anyway so why does value matter--its just hard for me to think like this- b/c im essentially saying value DOSENT matter...but value ALWAYS matters in life...dosent it?

I like your post. Repped. 8)

"sensible" can not be used sensibly in a Frag thread. If you pay a stack for a shoe you should be prepared to wear a shoe you paid a stack for. If you paid retail wear it, enjoy it and then sell it for 5. Best of both worlds...(just killing time, idrc what u do with your money or shoes, meh)

Last edited:

Well to some people $1000+ for a pair of shoes is a drop in the bucket... If dropping $1000 for the shoes as an "investment" is your MO then I agree with you about keeping them DS. And maybe some people don't care as much about the market value of the shoe and would rather just simply wear them.

Different strokes for different folks.

Well to some people $1000+ for a pair of shoes is a drop in the bucket... If dropping $1000 for the shoes as an "investment" is your MO then I agree with you about keeping them DS. And maybe some people don't care as much about the market value of the shoe and would rather just simply wear them.

Different strokes for different folks.
yes but even if youre buying the shoes to wear it is still tough to actually wear them...just goes against  sensibility (open to interpretation) is what im saying...but I guess dropping that kind of cash on a pair is not sensible in the first place so whatever. Im not trying to defend keeping shoes DS, im just trying to explain my (and many others') thought process.

I wear most of my kicks, but there are for sure some that I dont wear due to rarity and value. just b/c I dont plan on ever selling them dosent guarantee I wont ever change my mind. hell ive been into kicks since I was old enough to pick my own, basically my whole life. im 30 now and doubt ill ever NOT be into sneakers..but thats no guarantee that at some point I wouldn't rather have the money than the shoes.

besides value or anything like that, there's just something about a DS sneaker that is lost when you wear it..ObV.   think action figures or something like that..once you open the package you can never un-open it. i guess this is just the collector in me.

I honestly wish I didnt give a damn cuz it would be simpler that way. just wear the shoes...but again, sensibility (my interpretation)

if i had money to the point I could afford WHATEVER I wanted (not talking just shoes here) and not care then this would all change...but unfortunately for me I am not at that point.

I like to say things that spark conversation. Its why i take offense to being labeled. I wear all my 1s including royals. The frag thing is were the my smart side kicks in. I wanted them so bad to rock yet they went crazy. I mean sitting on a pair for retail and looking at being able to pocket a g for em. Almost a fool wouldnt do that. Believe when your older with kids and paying bills, you drool over that. Now ill probably pull em out one day and rock just, wow to think of both sides of the coin. That said, paying the current retail now is nuts.

I'm an adult too. [emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji] Sorry that happened to you Health Comes First Before Anything #TeamHealthy Awww someone's feathers are rustled here you go fam [emoji]127868[/emoji][emoji]127868[/emoji][emoji]127868[/emoji]. I love to post why hate if I say what I what to say. This is a public forum right???? Stop Questioning Youself And Wear Your Kicks Tomorrow Is Never Promised Ever
All that doesnt matter. Its a free country with freedom of speech right? Point is you dont just go out rob, steal and kill cause technically you could right? I dont get rustled by anything or anyone so it doesnt bother me. Its just about respect which is the measure of a person. People carry how they do. Peace.

Wow, I hope everything else is alright otherwise; don't want you having another and something worse happens.  Anyways I (my opinion) would just wear them, I know the value but I don't care love my shoes and have a feeling they all want to be worn.  Not trying to guilt trip you man and take care, don't let stress get to you.
Yeah if you ever wanted to know what the classic horror story that was 2013 royal release day is all about lol. Naw it happened but alls good. Always appreciate life, get checked up once a while and watch that cholesterol.

Yeah if you ever wanted to know what the classic horror story that was 2013 royal release day is all about lol. Naw it happened but alls good. Always appreciate life, get checked up once a while and watch that cholesterol.
If it was wrost than the Chicago 1 release then ... but that's good and you're doing the right thing, have to be there for your family and god bless.

Last edited:
I like to say things that spark conversation. Its why i take offense to being labeled. I wear all my 1s including royals. The frag thing is were the my smart side kicks in. I wanted them so bad to rock yet they went crazy. I mean sitting on a pair for retail and looking at being able to pocket a g for em. Almost a fool wouldnt do that. Believe when your older with kids and paying bills, you drool over that. Now ill probably pull em out one day and rock just, wow to think of both sides of the coin. That said, paying the current retail now is nuts.
My apologies about earlier. Got to respect the OGs. I hope everything is ok with you and your health currently. I didn't label anyone I simply said wear your kicks. I'm blessed to own two pairs at retail and currently wearing one to a certain point then give away for the low low then start working on the other pair. I'm not in this game for the money, I don't need someone elses money because I'm stable currently. To me what the value of the shoe is clearly printed on the box. Miss me with a grand here a grand there. Have an easy 2k if I wanted but nah I'll pass.

Last edited:
I wanted these so bad but once resell climbed to a certain point it made it easier on me striking out because I knew I'd have a hard time wearing em. I rock my royals and have a hard enough time doing that lol. I've decided my only option is to let someone beat a pair up and decide to sell at a love price because in the end I wanted to own so I could rock. My frag 1 laser customs will have to make due until then lol

My apologies about earlier. Got to respect the OGs. I hope everything is ok with you and your health currently. I didn't label anyone I simply said wear your kicks. I'm blessed to own two pairs at retail and currently wearing one to a certain point then give away for the low low then start working on the other pair. I'm not in this game for the money, I don't need someone elses money because I'm stable currently. To me what the value of the shoe is clearly printed on the box. Miss me with a grand here a grand there. Have an easy 2k if I wanted but nah I'll pass.
My friend, that was beautiful and well written; good job!  Remember we're still fam not matter how much scrutiny we're under!

∆ exactly. Being able to step back and reassess action is key step to maintaining positive humanity. Gangsta mentality is cool but so 90s

∆ exactly. Being able to step back and reassess action is key step to maintaining positive humanity. Gangsta mentality is cool but so 90s
Now don't mock THUG LIFE, not the one kids these days some how think is the original or warped version.  But 2Pac's THUG LIFE: The Hate U Give Little Infants ***** Everyone.
nthat.gif

Last edited:
man i really wish a guy like me could score these and the sbb's at retail. been in this game since like 89 and i still gotta battle these scum that buy to resale. im so ****** sick of this shi% So sick of it. I do good and help out everyone i can, and i get nothing in return. its really depressing that these two are all my son wants for his birthday and his dad cannot even put a smile on his face. god damn it. this is truely depressing that good people have to suffer like this.

Last edited:
man i really wish a guy like me could score these and the sbb's at retail. been in this game since like 89 and i still gotta battle these scum that buy to resale. im so ****** sick of this shi% So sick of it. I do good and help out everyone i can, and i get nothing in return. its really depressing that these two are all my son wants for his birthday and his dad cannot even put a smile on his face. god damn it. this is truely depressing that good people have to suffer like this.
just sell your 4 pairs of banneds you just found
indifferent.gif

Now don't mock THUG LIFE, not the one kids these days some how think is the original or warped version.  But 2Pac's THUG LIFE: The Hate U Give Little Infants ***** Everyone.:nthat:
Lol, i love 2pac and the rest. I was 16 in 91 so pretty much on top of that. Its just that he is gone and most legit one are. Today its full of Kanye types and just get a glimpse of that guy you know. A little cheese with that whine u know? Lol. I dont wish for the old days but i sure miss em and the people that made it matter.

Last edited:
Lol, i love 2pac and the rest. I was 16 in 91 so pretty much on top of that. Its just that he is gone and most legit one are. Today its full of Kanye types and just get a glimpse of that guy you know. A little cheese with that whine u know? Lol. I dont wish for the old days but i sure miss em and the people that made it matter.
I respect you fellow Pac lover, the rap today is trash.  Kendrick Lamar and J Cole (a little) are good but the others are just ....  Kanye is overrated and is not a person who sets a good example.  The old days looked fun but glad of all the advancements we have today.

****sellers kill dreams fam, I feel bad you're not able to give your son a happy birthday with greedy people who want a lot of money for a product that is affordable to the public but put them out of reach because of the prices they set.  Hopefully you will be able to get them for him, my prayer fam.

Maybe if you trade some of those banned 1s U picked up for retail recently you can make it happen. Im sure some will trade a frag for a banned

Back
Top Bottom