Free $25 loan from Kiva.org - only 6,600 invites remain worldwide.

Meth - Got it fixed!

Thanks for introducing us to this program. Hopefully it will help change lives for the better.

It looks like only 18 people have used our invite link so far.  Are people just used to tuning me out?   
If so, maybe you all can help spread the word.  

i'm about to sign up but I need more time looking at each group/individual....there's alot.

Obviously I haven't used this $25 credit myself, since I registered so long ago, but perhaps someone who has can speak to this.  Unless I'm mistaken, you should be able to create your account and qualify for the credit now - before they're all gone - and select your loan recipient later.  

Hopefully one of our fellow users will confirm this.  

Hey Method Man, this is awesome. I attend Stony Brook and help founded a micro-finance club that works with KIVA to help entrepreneurs in third world countries. I didn't know niketalk donated to KIVA. Nice and hope niketalk can continue to donate and allocate it's money to potential entrepreneurs for years to come. Maybe we can collaborate one day haha.

Congratulations on co-founding your micro-finance club!  Kiva's "lending team" feature has made it a lot easier to bring friends, coworkers, classmates, and common interest groups together to maximize their impact.  Hopefully our own lending team will grow thanks to all the new accounts being created due to this offer.

Now that our loans have cycled through, our community Kiva account is reloaded and we're looking forward to making user votes on microlending a regular feature here once again.  

Though, for pragmatic reasons, we'll only be able to nominate a small handful of candidates for the community loan, the voting threads should also be a great place for everyone to discuss recent loans they've made and share the stories of entrepreneurs they'd like our users to help support.  

This is great. Big fan of Reid Hoffman and this generates even more of my admiration.

Thanks for the heads-up. I donated to a hardowrking mom in Peru who needs help to fund her kids' education.

NTer tryin to buy a shoe collection to resell
laugh.gif

http://www.kiva.org/lend/400105

I've worked with Kiva before had their people come to our school and talk about it to us. Great program, I highly encourage everyone to sign up. Micro-finance could really change the path of poverty, Muhammed Yunus would be proud.

I have signed up and gave me loaned money to my native country El Salvador will be funding more and more of these. Maybe my drop in a bucket can help.

Originally Posted by Clevereddie

Just used my trial to complete this fund, i wish the stories were better.
being mexican i wanted to donate to mexican groups, but all of them seemed to be about herbalife, and catalog product businesses.
arent most of those pyramid schemes?

I looked thru all the Mexican people seeking loans and found some were about herbalife and what not but a lot of them were not. 
I used mine for http://www.kiva.org/lend/399521

Signed up, joined and donated to a Palestinian woman who can barely provide necessities for her kid.
Salute to you Mr Method Man of course; as always. 

Great way to take advantage of the free $25 loan. I encourage those to spread the word about the free $25 so we can take advantage of each and every free invite that remains..

Thread bump. This should be on the front page until we get a lot more people signed up.

C'mon NT this is completely free and could have a large impact on others in need

donated.
thanks meth.
edit: after watching that Kony video and seeing all that backlash, i decided to donate to someone in africa...mali to be exact

Back
Top Bottom