|||| FREE 3.0 / 4.0 / 5.0 & iD |||| 2013 ||||

Nike's quality control on their running shoes are a lot better these days. If you have pods coming off, they'll definitely take care of that for you as well if you call em.

What type of surface are you running on?

I've had over 20 pairs of frees and no issues with any of them. I honestly think people look for reasons to think Nike running quality is lacking. Not saying you in particular, but I hate hearing people say "get Brooks, get Mizuno" without any true evidence backing up as to why. Quality on all shoes from all brands will have defects no matter what. I've had Mizunos have flaps of rubber completely peel off too.

Last edited:
Nike's quality control on their running shoes are a lot better these days. If you have pods coming off, they'll definitely take care of that for you as well if you call em.

What type of surface are you running on?

I've had over 20 pairs of frees and no issues with any of them. I honestly think people look for reasons to think Nike running quality is lacking. Not saying you in particular, but I hate hearing people say "get Brooks, get Mizuno" without any true evidence backing up as to why. Quality on all shoes from all brands will have defects no matter what. I've had Mizunos have flaps of rubber completely peel off too.

I'm running 6 miles a day, 7 days a week, either on streets or the treadmill at about at 6 1/2 pace. I don't do anything out of the ordinary and the shoes. The shoes hold up but not at the rate I'd like them too. As for complaining for the sake of just doing so, no, that's not me. I'm just open to the best possible product regardless of brand.

damn 6 miles a day 7 days a week for 6.5 pace.

i do that, but change the 6 to 2 miles hahah

all my frees have held up well. then again i mostly only run on the threadmill. my fat ***, the frees are not too much cushion on actual terrain/road and i feel the ground too much. speaking of the free runs. hell no i would try to run on harsh grounds outdoor with 3.0 sole. for outdoor stuff i would prob go glides or eclipses. even air max

but despite just running only 2 miles a day. sometimes more. i use them as everyday regular beaters. i mean every damn day. to be honest if i washed them and cleaned them up. the bottom is fully intact. you can still make out the grooves etc.

i speak of the FR3 above, but i did the same with the FR2s
-----

anyways back to the shoes. looks like they dropped

as for that SPORTS AUTHORITY COUPON ABOVE. here are exclusions

http://saelite.com/exclusions/

I HATE SPORTS AUTHORITY "coupons" deals, cause they usually ALWAYS say excludes EVERYTHING YOU WANT EXCEPT THOSE THAT YOU DONT.

hahah
but that is different, thats an "ELITE" coupon, and exclusions look A LOT LESS. so it SHOULD WORK. someone should confirm.

Last edited:
Yea if we can get some confirm on this I will make my way up there this weekend to get me a pair, cant pass that up, dont even cur if the last thing I need is new gym shoes. 

I'll have to see these in person before deciding. At first when sample pics released, that vertical mesh on the toe box bothered me. I'm real glad they changed that. :D

Best thing about Free's is that they are widely available and you can usually get them for UNDER retail :smokin

Would like to know Nike's reasoning for pricing the 3.0's at $10 more than the 5.0. The 5's have more tech and materials, so why would they cost less? Annoys me since I like the 3.0's better

Would like to know Nike's reasoning for pricing the 3.0's at $10 more than the 5.0. The 5's have more tech and materials, so why would they cost less? Annoys me since I like the 3.0's better

Wow i didn't notice this....but i agree i like 3.0s better.....makes no sense

Maybe it costs them more for the mold of the sole?

I wish the prices were streamlined at the same price point for all the new releases. It would take away any "oh I wanna save $10 I'm gonna get these!" And help people make truly the best choice for their foot.

and that's probably the reason why the 3.0's cost more. Cuz they look and perform better than the 5.0's. I like the the way the 3.0's look and I'd spend the extra $10 for a better looking shoe...

3.0 details
  • Minimal no-sew overlays for lightweight support and comfort
  • Diagonal cuts through the arch to encourage natural motion flexibility and help increase foot strength
  • Minimalistic, molded sockliner mimics the foot's curvature for a great fit, enhanced comfort and added support
  • Abrasion-resistant rubber under high-wear areas for enhanced durability
  • Waffle outsole pistons for enhanced traction and durability and a more efficient toe-off
Product Details

• Weight: 7.1 ounces (men's size 9)
  • Offset: 4mm
5.0 details

More Benefits

• Textured mesh full inner sleeve for a dynamic, sock-like fit and easy on and off
  • No-sew and synthetic overlays for lightweight durability and support
  • Asymmetrical lacing system for reduced pressure on the top ridge of the foot
  • Diagonal cuts through the arch to encourage natural motion and help increase foot strength
  • Minimalistic, molded sockliner mimics the foot's curvature for a great fit, enhanced comfort and added support
  • Abrasion-resistant rubber under high-wear areas for enhanced durability
  • Waffle outsole pistons for impact absorption and added responsiveness

Product Details

• Nike+ ready
  • Weight: 8.2 ounces (men's size 9)
  • Offset: 8mm

because nike new it would be the most hyped/popular shoe for this season of Frees so they might as well capitalize. and we're all so locked into nike's control it dont matter. they raise the prices. we complain.. we still buy.

been the equation pass couple of years. it hink we have to add lack of innovation, cheaper materials, gimmicks somewhere in there too..

on that note.. just trying to decide where im gonna buy the 5.0s lol :tongue:

that sports authority coupon would be best.

Went to my local SA and the only olorway they ad were the 5.0's in sport blue/volt. Wanted to try on a pair of 3.0's but no dice

Went to my local SA and the only olorway they ad were the 5.0's in sport blue/volt. Wanted to try on a pair of 3.0's but no dice

aww man, i wanted to confirm you were able to use that coupon though!

buy undesired color at SA with 25% off, go to Niketown (if one is close by) to exchange it without receipt for color you do want?? :x :x :x jk

Last edited:
black/volt free 4.0 v3

smokin.gif

Ok folks. I have confirmed that 25% sports authority coupon works!!! Just copped. Heads up expires soon.

20130330110713.jpg

20130330110501.jpg

Bonus sports authority still has jordan 1 retro royal lol

20130330110415.jpg

Last edited:
Why the hell do they still have those Alpha 1's on the shelves?!

Nice pickups and thanks for the info. 8)

Fyi. In sports authority only those colors in pic I shown are available. That men blue volt and that women.. Grey pink. That coupon is ftw. Wouldve been 110 after tax but with coupon paid 80

Does anybody else think that the new 5.0's have a much tighter fit then the FR3's?
Tried em on in store and hell yes. Then again my FR2's and 3's are broken in. I dont remember my 2's or 3's being that tight when I first got them though.

Back
Top Bottom