|||| FREE 3.0 / 4.0 / 5.0 & iD |||| 2013 ||||

^^^^ Oh wow, that's surprising. Regardless, I still plan on copping a few pairs this summer.

Really?!?!? What version of the 5.0 are we on? V5?

Yup. :frown:.... V5 (V6, if you count the FR3s)

However, the pinstriped mesh has also been scrapped. :D

Last edited:
The name change makes the overall Nike Free family a little easier to categorize, but I'll miss the "Free Run" name.

glad that pinstripe mesh is gone. and having the names 5.0, 4.0, etc..makes things alot easier cuz all of the different Versions was getting confusing. Can't wait to try on a pair of 3.0's and do an ID.

Okay, what do the 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 numbers mean?

The higher the number, the closer it is to a barefoot feel?

I think the lower the number the closer it is to barefoot feel, while going higher means more support

Last edited:
Yup. It's the drop. The 3.0 have a 3 MM difference from heel to toe. The higher the number, the more support you get and less flexible. I always get 5.0 in my Frees because I actually like support (not that there's a lot anyway)

Last edited:
Okay, what do the 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 numbers mean?

The higher the number, the closer it is to a barefoot feel?

it's the opposite; the lower the number, the closer to a barefoot feel. 5.0 has an 8mm drop, 4.0 has a 6mm drop and 3.0 has a 4mm drop.

sheesh. it is making more sense now with the name change. but damn. it will always be free run for me. i guess it would be super confusing if they called it free run+ 4, and have a nike free 4.0.

Are there more shots of the 3.0 v5s? I own a pair of these 3.0 v3s and these one of my favorites. I really hope that Nike puts out some very loud colorways for the 3.0s like they did before!

Are there more shots of the 3.0 v5s? I own a pair of these 3.0 v3s and these one of my favorites. I really hope that Nike puts out some very loud colorways for the 3.0s like they did before!

i have the same one, not that colorway, just the black/grey/white, then i also have last years 3.0 (v4 i guess). i like ours better. last years, v4 just didnt seem to breathe as well as the ones we have (3.0 v3). Last years seem to have a bit better cushioning imo, but it shouldnt be that big of a diff since its same sole no? Well just felt that way. Less breathability, felt like more was under my feet. Then the 3.0 v3 which was more breathable, but man that felt like i was so close to the ground. A lil too close for me. It's great for walking around, but I never used it to really run, i still use my "free runs"

v5 i think are these:

NIK1530-BK

NIK1530-VLTGY

NIK1530-BLWH

You can also buy it now

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/NIK1530/

This years 4.0 SUCKS IMO

NIK1532-GYBL

compared to last years

Aq9IiUuCIAAfmmL-600x459.jpg

you can also buy it now.
http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/NIK1532/

Last edited:
These are literally my fav shoes ive bought in forever. Great for my casual runs and i lift in them because they are so low to the ground. Squat days and deadlift days in my 3.0s for the win

They are getting kind of worn now though....will be really hoping this years 3.0 will satisfy the same way these do

Only about 3-4 colors that interest me.

Nike can do better, I mean, we can ID better blocking than they have.

Back
Top Bottom