Free Run+ 2 & iD - NSW iDs (Trail-inspired) NOW UP!

Quick question for the Free Run +2 heads.

I'm going to be starting clinicals for my nursing program next week and I need a pair of sneakers that would be comfortable to wear while standing/walking for hours. Someone suggested to look into a pair of Free Runs so I figured that I would ask you guys.

I'm flat footed so I need something with extreme comfort for those long days. Anyone here flat footed and wear these? I need my pair by next Weds.

Much appreciation NT fam.

-Drew

^Nice! I wore my FR2s in Disneyland a few weeks ago and did hours upon hours of walking, standing and running, and I was comfortable the WHOLE time. However, I have high arches. Since you mentioned you're flatfooted you may feel pain when you start adapting to these FREES, so I'd suggest the LunarGlide+ 3. They're a lot more cushioned than the FR2s, imo, of course...

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

^Nice! I wore my FR2s in Disneyland a few weeks ago and did hours upon hours of walking, standing and running, and I was comfortable the WHOLE time. However, I have high arches. Since you mentioned you're flatfooted you may feel pain when you start adapting to these FREES, so I'd suggest the LunarGlide+ 3. They're a lot more cushioned than the FR2s, imo, of course...
^^ I would have to agree. I have flat-footed too. I tried on free run 2 for few walks and it didn't feel it has much cushioning compared to LG or especially air max.

FR2s are definitely not for flat feet - sent my body into rhabdomyolysis (breakdown of muscle fibers resulting in the release of muscle fiber contents into the bloodstream) after a duathlon; it was my own fault though - the Asics Kayano provides the best stability, but they felt like bricks during my last triathlon so I decided to give these a try.

I agree with LunarGlide recommendation for flat feet.

I have somewhat flat feet and wear these often to work for 8 or 9 hours a time. After awhile I feel some discomfort but they're still better than a lot of shoes for that amount of time.

rock: PROPS, Sir! One day, I'll do a TRI. I still need to learn how to swim though
embarassed.gif

Decpticon: There are 4 Shield cws (2 MEN's and 2 WMN's). For MEN, it's Orange (like the one on the previous page) and Purplish-Blue. For WMN, it's Chlorine Blue and Yellow. All are identical minus the lining color.

They'll also be on Nike iD, but they'll be +$10 ($125).

My latest...
FREEtrainer (inspired by one of the OG LunarTrainer cws, also my favorite cw for the LT+)
2s8l7cj.jpg

2yvsy15.png

Does anyone know if there are any challenge red free run's floating around i held out for too long.

Originally Posted by maluah

The best CW by far, and yet I miss it on NDC 
tired.gif

nike-running-shield-pack-fall-winter-2011-2.jpeg

Anybody know if they will drop at Eastbay or any other website?
We will have the Nike Free Run +2 Shields in Stealth/ Black/ Total Orange/ Cool Grey. The picture of the shoe we expect does not match the above picture identically. I am not sure if the shoe I am refering to is different than the above picture or if there has been some discrepancies in the pictures. Unfortunately, we can not confirm that one way or another until our shipment arrives. We expect our shipment on 10/7/11.

We also expect to have the Lunareclipse + Shield's in Stealth/ Black/ Total Orange/ Cool Grey on that day, 10/7/11, and will complete the Shield pack with the Lunar Glide +3 Shields in Grey/ Total Orange/ Reflective Silver/ Black release in November. Hope this was helpful.

EastbayRep - Dustin    

ILLustRAYt: W
eek.gif
W! Those IDs are beautiful, currently waiting on an ID in a similar color scheme, and that pic made me that much more excited!
And yes --- tri's are an awesome experience, I commend you to learn how to swim, or just pick up a wetsuit to keep you buoyant and wing it like I did on my first
happy.gif

rock: Thanks, Sir! I'm looking forward to seeing your FR2iD!

As for the TRI... that has got me thinking...  

I'm patiently waiting for the update to the FR2iD palette...
nerd.gif
 C'mon Total Orange midsoles! I wanna order my FREEsco design already!

Originally Posted by rockthisMIC

ILLustRAYt: W
eek.gif
W! Those IDs are beautiful, currently waiting on an ID in a similar color scheme, and that pic made me that much more excited!
And yes --- tri's are an awesome experience, I commend you to learn how to swim, or just pick up a wetsuit to keep you buoyant and wing it like I did on my first
happy.gif

Word. Props on the FR2s dude. 
pimp.gif

Much thanks for the help fellas.

I tried on a pair today and they were surprisingly comfortable. When you guys say that they're definitely not for flat feet, do you mean I'll suffer after a few hours? When I tried them on they were so comfy. 
embarassed.gif

I did notice that I had to size up on them though.

-Drew

^they are comfortable enough to walk around in/go to the gym with, but I wouldn't recommend them for long-distance running if you are flat-footed; you'll pay for it afterwards.

Originally Posted by rockthisMIC

^they are comfortable enough to walk around in/go to the gym with, but I wouldn't recommend them for long-distance running if you are flat-footed; you'll pay for it afterwards.

Oh no. I wasn't going to run a marathon or anything in them. I just need a pair of sneakers for my long clinical days. I need to feel comfortable walking and standing around a hospital for hours. Are they fine for just that though?
-Drew

robxdrew: Yes, that is mainly where I use them -- I'm an RN aka Murse. Good luck with your clinicals and the rest of your schooling.

Back
Top Bottom