Free Run+ 2 & iD - NSW iDs (Trail-inspired) NOW UP!

Originally Posted by rockthisMIC

robxdrew: Yes, that is mainly where I use them -- I'm an RN aka Murse. Good luck with your clinicals and the rest of your schooling.

Very much appreciated dude. 2 and a half more years of hell. 
laugh.gif

-Drew

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

^Nice! I'm trying to get into the same field as well.

Anywho... New cw (FNL), Black / Royal

lg443815040.jpg

These are the exact same pair I tried on! Dope CW also. 
pimp.gif

-Drew

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Originally Posted by rockthisMIC

^they are comfortable enough to walk around in/go to the gym with, but I wouldn't recommend them for long-distance running if you are flat-footed; you'll pay for it afterwards.

Oh no. I wasn't going to run a marathon or anything in them. I just need a pair of sneakers for my long clinical days. I need to feel comfortable walking and standing around a hospital for hours. Are they fine for just that though?
-Drew
Guys, people with all foot types can wear frees.  I have flat feet and used to use arch supports/orthotics and always ended up with knee pain also, until i switched to frees.  I started back with the free 5.0  OG and have worn nothing for running since.

If you have flat feet, you have to start slowly.   All frees for the first 2-3 years of nike making them, came with an instruction guide on how to use them, and i think it is a great guide and following it you will most likely avoid any types of pains,especially those of us with flat feet.

When i first started using them,  of course i didn't completely follow the instructions, and had some pain around my medial ankle area after awhile, but this went away after strengthening the muscles of my feet and legs.  When i first went from 3 miles running to 5 miles running, had some pain in one of my feet, but that also went away after strengthening my feet more.

I have been doing half marathons and a couple sprint triathlons in my frees and have been fine, don't want to wear anything else, and have no problems with knee ankle or foot pain.

After rupturing my achilles, i did my rehab in my og free trainer 5.0s and free 5.0 v4, best shoes i could have ever used for rehab

To the dude who said he got rhabdo from his frees,  there are multiple causes of rhabdomyolysis one of which is excessive muscular activity such as strenuous sporadic exercise (like doing a marathon).  really don't think it was the shoes.   I did the disney half marathon 5 months after achilles surgery, ran/walked it, only ran about 5 miles (only ran 1 mile prior to the race) and didn't go into rhabdo.

Anyways, in the spirit of the niketalk community, i am going to post the official instructions that the frees used to come with.  I hope that this can help those of you considering switching over to frees, or those that have had some pain wearing their frees.

NIKE OFFICIAL INSTRUCTIONS ON WEARING FREE FOOTWEAR

How can i help you train?  Start slow.  wear nike free footwear around the house.  ease into it, just as you wouldn't hit a weights program full-bore the first week. Then you'll be ready to start a training program

Soon, you'll be strengthening the muscles that help prevent injuries while you improve your fitness and training performance.

Nike Free. Natural technology

RECOMMENDED WORKOUTS

(i am going to skip the sports/training and womens fitness section, and go straight into the running section, since we are talking about running)

RUNNING

This is a suggested training program based on progression and ASSUMES that you are currently running at least 3 miles at a time. It requires no equipment, just nike free footwear. 
For 2-3 days a week, follow the program below that corresponds with the TYPE OF SHOE you currently train in.

STABILITY AND MOTION CONTROL SHOE  ( most likely us with flat feet)

Weeks 1-2:  Casually wear them around the house, building up to walking and light runs.
Weeks 3-4: Easy runs of 1-3 miles
Weeks 5-6: Gradually add more distance
Weeks 7-8: Gradually add higher intensity, faster runs
Week 8+:    Avoid longer runs, unless you feel confident.

NEUTRAL CUSHION SHOE

Weeks 1-2:  Casually wear them around the house, building up to walking and light running.
Weeks 3-4:  Easy runs of 2-4 miles
Weeks 5-6:  Gradually add more distance
Weeks 7-8: Gradually add higher intesity, faster runs
Weeks 8+:  Add longer runs, once you feel confident

LIGHTWEIGHT TRAINING SHOE

Weeks 1-2: Casually wear them around the house, building up to walking and light runs. If you feel confident, add shorter easy runs
Weeks 3-4: Easy runs of 3-5 miles
Weeks 5-6: Gradually add more distance
Weeks 7-8: Gradually add higher intesity, faster runs
Weeks 8+: add longer runs

*Consult your physician before beginning the above running or training programs.  Stop activity immediately if you feel any undue pain or discomfort.  if you have any questions about whether Nike Free footwear is appropriate for you, consult your doctor.

Can anyone direct me to where I can buy some Challenge Red or the LAF Maroon/Grey Free Runs? Preferably under retail, thanks. 

Try runningwarehouse.com... Also google up some codes for the site.

Doc: Got a link or pic of the instuctions? I've had no google.

Anywho... saw the Shield FR2 in person, and they are DOPE! The Shield material feels like a netted/meshed windbreaker. NICE shoe.

These may be my next iD to be paired with my FREEsco in a couple of months...
29num2c.png

Has anyone id'ed these with 3.0 sole? I'm just wondering if the laceholes will be like how they are on the stock 3.0's or if its the same as the free runs because thats how its looking on nikeid.

Doc: Got a link or pic of the instuctions? I've had no google.

no link, some bad iphone pics for you.   if you want one, pm me, i have 1-2 extra will send you one.

im thinking of buying these shoes so i have some questions.

how do these hold up on the rain? does the water get inside the shoe easy?

ok cool thanks. i dont plan to run in the rain but you know what if i wear them and its rainning and stuff. I dont like it when rain gets in my shoes

how does the overall shoe hold up? do these get damaged real quick?

as far as damage, the only damage you might incur is on the upper if you try to play outdoor sports in which you might drag your toe like basketball, tennis, etc. otherwise you will be fine.

Originally Posted by LA KB24

ok cool thanks. i dont plan to run in the rain but you know what if i wear them and its rainning and stuff. I dont like it when rain gets in my shoes

how does the overall shoe hold up? do these get damaged real quick?

Yeah. I'll co-sign with Doc about the FR2 Shield. It definitely fits what you're looking for. It's water-resistant and has a nice Silver 3M Overlay.

Regarding their durability, I have well over 300mi on my original Free Runs, and their uppers are in great condition (after a wash in the washing machine). The outsoles are still in considerably good condition with all the mileage I've run in them...

Free run 2s were perfect for walking around but first day jogging was killing me.

Day 1 I was dying. (I don't jog much). My knees and joints were hurting bad.
Day 2 was a little easier, took less time to warm up.
Day 3 the shoes felt more "broken in." The knee pain was gone and the shoes felt a lot comfier.
Ever since then, they have been good to go, but day 1 I was ready to trade them in.
I don't know if that is the norm, but that is what happened.

Nermindee: ILLY! I'm glad you got your pair, bro!

GH: Peep the brochure for the original Free above. After 7 years, the info it provides is STILL relevant to FR2s.

Anybody see the Volt/Black/Purple cw in the flesh yet? I'm thinking about purchasing them or the Shields as my last GR pair...

Haven't seen thevolts yet. Still waiting on mine from rrs. Won't ship till like 2 weeks thought about canceling and copping from runningwarehouse but I basically paid 150 shipped for 2 pair so guess I will wait it out

I'm hoping someone on here can help me with regards to the Shields. Can someone tell me if these are exclusive to Finishline?  Or more specifically does anyone know if Footlocker will be getting them in eventually?

I went to my local mall. The Finishline had a couple different pair of Shields but the Footlocker didn't have anything.

I have a gift card that I'm trying to spend at Footlocker but of course, the worker there was of little help in regards to the Shields and whether they would be getting them in.  

I talked to the customer service at both Nike.com and Footlocker.com and neither were of much assistance. I read the post of the Eastbay rep on here but is it unusual for a shoe to already be on the shelves in one store and be put out on the shelves at a different store at a later date?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

^

Guys it really is worth it to sign up as a vip to roadrunner sports. Its like 2 bucks.

I used a 35.00 Off 200.00 coupon code in addition to the VIP savings.

I ordered 2 pairs of Shields for me, and a pair of green Free 3.0 V2 for my cousin.

My cousin gave me the 50 bones for the 3.0's and the Shields Ended up Coming out to 75 bucks a piece shipped. Can beat that anywhere. My order total was like 198.00 after all discounts.

WE: I like #3 the most, but it's a Summer-esque cw. #2 would be considered next since it's Fall...

I think I'm going to go after these instead of the Shields...

I just hope the Volt isn't reflective like the iDs...

WE: I like #3 the most, but it's a Summer-esque cw. #2 would be considered next since it's Fall...

I think I'm going to go after these instead of the Shields...

I just hope the Volt isn't reflective like the iDs...

hey ray!! long time no talk! i just picked up the shields and they are awsome...id recommend them, i get compliments all the time with them (first pair of free run 2).  anyways, my friend has the black volt and it doesnt have the 3m on the volt.

Back
Top Bottom