Fresh Prince of Bel Air 5's?

I agree for the most part.  What he does with his shoes is on him.  He asked for an opinion and I gave mine.  As for the market price, I wouldn't forget it.  If I can buy a pair of shoes for $200, I sure as hell wouldn't trade my Bel Air's which are hovering at $400.   I'd rather sell my pair, buy said $200 kicks and keep the rest.  But yeah at the end of the day, dude can do what he wants with his shoes and money.  That's how I view trading. 

True true about the $200 vs $400 i know i always think about that but yeah its his kicks and he did ask but idk i guess i just hate seeing ppl wanting to get the approval of others to do what the hell they please i guess haha

All good n the hood though

Honestly, I don't think anyone is looking for "approval" but just an idea of whether they are getting a fair trade. Why would anyone want to take a loss on a trade?

I think its ridiculous every new member gets ragged on for asking a simple question. But yet there are pages upon pages of nonsense in this thread. Days of justifying the resell market. But you can't ask for advise on how to find a legit pair or about a fair trade?

I agree for the most part.  What he does with his shoes is on him.  He asked for an opinion and I gave mine.  As for the market price, I wouldn't forget it.  If I can buy a pair of shoes for $200, I sure as hell wouldn't trade my Bel Air's which are hovering at $400.   I'd rather sell my pair, buy said $200 kicks and keep the rest.  But yeah at the end of the day, dude can do what he wants with his shoes and money.  That's how I view trading. 

True true about the $200 vs $400 i know i always think about that but yeah its his kicks and he did ask but idk i guess i just hate seeing ppl wanting to get the approval of others to do what the hell they please i guess haha

All good n the hood though

Honestly, I don't think anyone is looking for "approval" but just an idea of whether they are getting a fair trade. Why would anyone want to take a loss on a trade?

I think its ridiculous every new member gets ragged on for asking a simple question. But yet there are pages upon pages of nonsense in this thread. Days of justifying the resell market. But you can't ask for advise on how to find a legit pair or about a fair trade?

SOMEONE ALWAYS TAKES A LOSS ON A TRADE. IT'S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE A COMPLETELY EVEN TRADE AS MARKET VALUES FLUCTUATE PLUS SENTIMENTAL VALUE ASSOCIATED WITH THEM.

SOMEONE ALWAYS TAKES A LOSS ON A TRADE. IT'S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE A COMPLETELY EVEN TRADE AS MARKET VALUES FLUCTUATE PLUS SENTIMENTAL VALUE ASSOCIATED WITH THEM.

That's true to an extent, but there are still general margins of value for a particular shoe. And people add cash to offset the difference, the point is no one with common sense is going to take a $200 loss.

That's true to an extent, but there are still general margins of value for a particular shoe. And people add cash to offset the difference, the point is no one with common sense is going to take a $200 loss.
it all depends on the parties invovled feelings and value in the shoe.

all points that have been stated make sense and we all have agreed somewhat.

Last edited:
Thank you, someone tried to flame me for calling them that
No problem. I have some AF1 id's that Nike officially called the material "ballistic leather." The military uses (approximately) the same stuff and they call it that. Whether or not Nike puts that on the box...oh, well.

Have to agree. If you have a shoe that goes for say on average $600, and then you're trading for a shoe that on average goes for $200, even if you want the $200 shoe more, and even if you don't like the $600 shoe it makes no sense to not still try to get more out of the trade. Unless you're just rolling in cash to the point that you can use dollar bills as toilet paper. I want the Concord 11's and would pay far above retail for them, but I wouldn't trade a pair of DB3's for just the Concords, because I know that I could just sell them for cash, get money for the Concords, and then have extra left over. Individual value decides if you're willing to trade, but market value decides how you trade.

Last edited:
I traded my Bel Airs for a pair of DS LeBron denims + $150, now i'm on the hunt for another pair.

Thought I wouldn't miss them but these really are nice in person. I must be crazy cause I don't even miss sleep over the Fear V's anymore

I traded my Bel Airs for a pair of DS LeBron denims + $150, now i'm on the hunt for another pair.

Thought I wouldn't miss them but these really are nice in person. I must be crazy cause I don't even miss sleep over the Fear V's anymore
That's a terrible trade, I've seen LeBron denims go for 325 on eBay and you could easily get 300 for these 
grin.gif

alot of delayed shipments coming so if u can hold out hold out people

the actual production numbers will end up at around 40k ....watch for blk friday grand openings of new hoh's and other retailers ....

That's a terrible trade, I've seen LeBron denims go for 325 on eBay and you could easily get 300 for these >D

I'm confused, maybe I'm reading it wrong?

He should have sold his Bel Air for 300 and bought Brons for 325, instead of getting Brons + 150 for Bel Airs? I've been seeing Bel Airs going for more than 300 anyway..

He should have sold his Bel Air for 300 and bought Brons for 325, instead of getting Brons + 150 for Bel Airs? I've been seeing Bel Airs going for more than 300 anyway..

Youre right, I've searched and no one is giving it up for 300. 325 is the lowest I've seen then everyone start bidding up.

Maybe I read it wrong, I thought he paid the cat 150 plus his Bel Airs for the Denims

huh? that trade wasn't terrible for me at all... if you meant for the other guy then maybe, but his logic was good so he didn't feel no way since he paid retail for his Denims

ds LeBron denims size 12 go for $350 - $400 +  $150 = $500 - $550

DS Bel airs go for $350 - $450

huh? that trade wasn't terrible for me at all... if you meant for the other guy then maybe, but his logic was good so he didn't feel no way since he paid retail for his Denims

ds LeBron denims size 12 go for $350 - $400 +  $150 = $500 - $550

DS Bel airs go for $350 - $450
So you got 150 plus denims right? If so than that's a W in my book. I thought you gave 150 and your bel airs.

^^^ oh hell no lol. I always had problems throwing kicks plus cash in a trade.

Dude didn't want to spend over $325 for some bel airs and using his logic, he didn't. It worked out for both of us

These, grapes, and black grapes are a good trinity

Back
Top Bottom