From Starbucks to Hashtags: Why White Americans Call the Police on Black People

b4ueeyufecexajr2ehzh.jpg

Last edited:
Because white people are scared of black people. They grow up in all white communities, yet are huge fans of black athletes, movie stars, and music artists. They need more diversity in their lives as children. More diversity kills all of the negative stereotypes because people will see first hand that they are not true.

Also the public school system needs to tell the truth about our history as a nation. No sugar coating anything. We praise our founding fathers so much yet we never talk about how brutal they were to blacks. For any of you that don’t know about any of this look it up. It will blow your mind.

It gets deep. It will all make sense for all of the struggles in the black community that exists today. From broken homes, poverty etc etc. look at the time line of events from the 1700’s until now. Its f***ed up.

Diante Yarber: Police Kill Black Father With Barrage of Bullets in Walmart Parking Lot
The killing of the 26-year-old, who is believed to have been unarmed, is being called a brutal case of excessive police force
720.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...fatal-shooting-barstow-california?CMP=soc_568

California police fired what sounded like more than 30 bullets at a packed car in a shopping store parking lot, killing a black father of three and injuring a young woman in the latest US law enforcement shooting to spark backlash.

Police in Barstow, two hours outside of Los Angeles, killed 26-year-old Diante Yarber, who was believed to be unarmed and was driving his cousin and friends to a local Walmart on the morning of 5 April. Police have alleged that Yarber was “wanted for questioning” in a stolen vehicle case and that he “accelerated” the car towards officers when they tried to stop him, but his family and their attorney argued that the young father posed no threat and should not have been treated as a suspect in the first place.

“The police took him away for no reason,” said Brittany Chandler, the mother of Yarber’s 19-month-old daughter, Leilani. “The police should be held accountable for this … They are sick people for them to be able to shoot someone down in broad daylight.”

The shooting happened weeks after police in northern California killed Stephon Clark, an unarmed father who was standing in his family’s back yard. Though Yarber’s killing has not prompted massive rallies, both shootings have shone a harsh light on the way police continue to aggressively use lethal force in black communities, even in a liberal state where the Black Lives Matter movement has long protested against police violence and racism.

The San Bernardino county sheriff’s department said officers were responding to a “call of a suspicious vehicle” and attempting a “traffic stop” when Yarber, the driver, “suddenly reversed the vehicle” and hit a patrol car and then allegedly accelerated. Blurry footage from a witness captured the sounds of dozens of rounds fired in rapid succession, with one or more officers firing at the car, not far from bystanders and shoppers in the lot.

A photo of Diante Yarber provided by the mother of his 19-month-old daughter. Photograph: Courtesy Brittany Chandler
Lee Merritt, an attorney for the family, said Yarber, who was known by the nickname “Butchie”, was not armed and that the car posed no danger to officers when they began spraying him with bullets.

“They saw a car full of black people sitting in front of a Walmart, and they decided that was suspicious,” said Merritt. “They just began pouring bullets … It’s irresponsible. It’s dangerous. It’s mind-boggling, the use of force.”

A police spokeswoman said “involved officers” were on “paid administrative leave”, but declined to disclose the number of bullets shot and officers who fired. Police labeled the incident an “assault” on an officer, but Dale Galipo, an attorney representing the 23-year-old woman hit in the car, said the investigation so far has revealed Yarber was unarmed and that officers were not in the path of the vehicle, which means they should never have discharged their weapons, let alone fire a barrage of bullets.

Galipo said his client was struck by at least two shots and suffered “serious injuries”, adding, “She’s still in a state of shock.”

Yarber was also driving his cousin’s car at the time, which was never reported stolen, said Aleta Yarber, Diante’s aunt, who said she has since retrieved the car and that it did not appear it had rammed into police vehicles. Police did not respond to inquiries about the claims that Yarber was a car theft suspect.

Aleta’s son was in the car at the time of the shooting, but the bullets missed him. In the weeks since, “He has not been able to say much of anything,” she said. “It was very traumatizing.”

Merritt said he believed Yarber was trying to shield others in the car from bullets when he was hit, adding that the 23-year-old woman in the back was initially placed in a police car and treated like a suspect before officers got her medical attention.

Ruby Hawkins, Yarber’s sister, said local police often harassed her brother and that the officers should face criminal charges for killing him. “They are the biggest criminals. They are bullies with badges … I don’t know how you can fear for your life with a person that is moving away from you.”

540.jpg

Diante with Brittany Chandler and their daughter Leilani. Photograph: Courtesy Brittany Chandler
Hawkins, 40, said her brother had a job working at a warehouse and that she saw him the night before he was killed. “You see this all the time, but you never in a million years think you’ll be the one crying about a loved one killed at the hands of police.”

Training and policy dictates that police should not fire at moving vehicles, said Galipo, noting that these kinds of killings are avoidable and particularly dangerous. Last year, undercover police in Hayward, California, attempted to shoot a driver they were trying to arrest and instead killed a 16-year-old girl sitting in the passenger seat.

“It still doesn’t even feel real. I wish I could just wake up and it would be a dream,” said Chandler, adding it was difficult to imagine her daughter growing up without Yarber. Police probably targeted him because he was black, added Chandler, who is white: “They would’ve never drawn their guns on me.”

Samantha Robledo, who has a seven-year-old daughter with Yarber, said she felt like police were trying to manufacture reasons to attack his character and justify the killing.

“He would always make you smile, no matter what,” she added. “You couldn’t be angry around him. He was so loving and friendly, and that’s what we’re going to miss the most.”

Robledo said she has tried her best to help their daughter cope since his death. When they talk about her father now, the girl, Naliyah, says, “He’s my angel now.”

These type of attacks also happen in an office setting. If a white woman does not like you, all she has to do is say you made her feel "Uncomfortable," "Threatened," or "Triggered" and your behind is fired (well, after the "investigation."). These keywords and phrases ("I felt my life was in danger") are like nods to the powers that be. You can't outright say "He's Black, I'm White. Fire him." Or "I shot the suspect, because he's a big scary Black man." That wouldn't fly well.

I call it the "Carol Burnett Strategy." While taping episodes of the Carol Burnett Show, Carol Burnett would tug her ear lobe at the end of each episode to say hi to her grandmother. As she couldn't outright say "HI GRANDMA!" because that wouldn't make final cut. These keywords and phrases are ear tugs to the judges, HR departments, police and the media .

I was listening to the Karen Hunter show last week and they had a segment talking about white people using the police to “arm their fear, uneasiness, and hostility”. Tamir Rice was brought up and how the person that called the police on him said to the dispatcher that he thought the gun the kid was playing with was a toy gun. If they thought it was a toy, why even call the police to begin with? As if the kids presence was the crime.

Cops Called to UWS Apartment for ‘Burglary in Progress’ but Find Black Tenant, Former White House Staffer Moving In

http://pix11.com/2018/04/30/cops-ca...-tenant-former-white-house-staffer-moving-in/

UPPER WEST SIDE, Manhattan — It was an unsolicited homecoming that left Bronx native Darren Martin unsettled.

After spending several years working on Capitol Hill and in the White House with the Obama Administration, Martin recently made the move back to New York, getting a job with the city and finding a unit in a 5-story walk-up on the Upper West Side.

On moving day this past Friday, Martin got an unexpected visit from the NYPD.

“I’m in my apartment but you know – you can’t go nowhere without the cops following me,” Martin said during the encounter live streamed via Instagram.

Turns out, someone called 911 to report a “burglary in progress” and the suspect was the building’s brand new tenant – Martin.

“Somebody called the cops on me in my own building,” he told viewers who were tuning in to watch the live video. “About how many are ya’ll? About six of ya’ll showed up, rolled up on me.”

He has a packed work schedule and that was the only time he had to move into the building.

“I didn’t really think anyone was going to call the cops on me because I mean – I was moving into the building.”

In the live video which Martin shared on Facebook and Twitter, one of the responding officers cranks the volume on a 2-way radio where a dispatcher could be heard describing the call.

“Somebody was trying to break in the door” with a “possible weapon,” the dispatcher said, describing the weapon as a “large tool.”

An investigation later determined there was nothing criminal about Martin’s activity.

Martin says his skin color along with the gentrifying neighborhood along 106th Street were obvious factors that led to police being called.

“As a black man when you’re in an all-white environment, you’re cognizant of that,” he said. “I have to say I found it kinda symbolic. [It’s] like welcome to the neighborhood.”

Sadly, Martin’s story isn’t one-of-a-kind.

Earlier this month, two black men were arrested at a Philadelphia Starbucks for trespassing after asking to use a bathroom.

In Martin’s case, he hopes the incident serves as a teaching moment for the neighbor who called police on him.

“The broader message to everyone is get to know folks before you make these assumptions,” he said. “When you make that call there’s no turning back and it could have ended very differently.”

Calls to Pine Management – the company that manages the building located at 56 106th Street – were not returned.

Martin, who kicked off a one-year lease at the building, says he plans to ride it out.

School Principal Jokes About Telling Police Black Special Needs Student Has A Gun
The principal reportedly told staffers, “We will call the police and tell them he has a gun so they can come faster.”
5ae8e6471e00002d008e4266.jpeg

Shanna Swearingen, the principal at Ponderosa Elementary School in Houston.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ial-needs-student_us_5ae8e55ee4b022f71a02d560

An elementary school principal in Houston is being criticized after she reportedly joked about telling police that a black special-needs student brought a gun to the school.

On April 17, Shanna Swearingen, the principal at Ponderosa Elementary School, made made joke to three staff members.

The boy has had behavioral problems and has been known to run from class, according to The Houston Chronicle.

Swearingen reportedly told the staff members that the next time that happened, “We won’t chase him. We will call the police and tell them he has a gun so they can come faster.”

The comments came to light on a Facebook group dedicated to the school, angering parents.

“It’s disgusting ... That kind of comment is disgusting. Even if it was a joke, how could you even recant something like that?” parent Jessica Spoonemore told Houston TV station KPRC. “Children are getting killed [by] guns, violence ... That was very unnecessary and disturbing, especially for an elementary school.”

The guardian of the boy who was the subject of Swearingen’s joke said he was unaware of her comments until KPRC contacted him. He now has a meeting with school officials to discuss the incident.

Swearingen has not made herself available to media, but she sent a letter to school parents on Tuesday apologizing for “an insensitive comment that was not reflective of who I am nor how much I care about every student who attends this school.”

She added:

“Your children mean the world to me, and I’m heartbroken that my thoughtless remark has caused disruption to the hard work underway here at Ponderosa. Here in our community, we had a hard year with Hurricane Harvey, and the damage it caused to a large part of our neighborhood. I was so proud of the unity seen in this community during the recovery efforts.

“Please know that the same commitment and drive that I had to make things right for our children after the storm, I have today as I work to make things right now with both staff and parents.

“I am truly sorry for the comment I made. It does not in any way reflect the love and care I have for the students of Ponderosa.”

The Spring Independent School District sent out a statement on Monday, calling Swearingen’s comment “thoughtless and insensitive”:

“While the comment was made in jest, it was inappropriate and should never have been made.

“That point has been thoroughly communicated to Ponderosa’s principal who actually self reported the incident to the district ― taking full accountability for the inappropriateness of the comment. Ponderosa’s principal has also apologized to her school community.

“The district will continue to monitor the school climate at Ponderosa to ensure that incidents like this do not occur again.”

It is unknown whether Swearingen was disciplined over the matter. The district told KPRC that it takes “matters of this nature very seriously” but that it does not “discuss disciplinary action pertaining to personnel matters.”

Mom Suspects Racism After Police Pulled Two Native American Teens From a Campus Tour
ThomasLloyd.jpg

http://time.com/5265297/racism-native-american-teens-campus-tour-colorado/

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — The mother of two Native American teenagers who campus police pulled from a college tour in Colorado after a parent reported feeling nervous about them said she believes her sons were victims of racial profiling and she feared for their safety after learning about the encounter.

In an interview Thursday with The Associated Press, Lorraine Kahneratokwas Gray described receiving a frantic phone call from her son, 19-year-old Thomas Kanewakeron Gray, about the incident at Colorado State University.

He and his 17-year-old brother, Lloyd Skanahwati Gray, had saved enough money to drive roughly seven hours from the family’s home in Santa Cruz, New Mexico, to Fort Collins to tour the campus, she told the AP.

“I felt they had been the victim of racism and that they weren’t safe there,” she said in a post this week on Facebook.

She later told the AP, “I don’t think they even grasped the magnitude of what happened to them until we talked.”

The brothers had joined the tour on Monday after it started, and their mother — who had stayed home in New Mexico — said she learned afterward that the two had been quieter than others in the group during the walk through campus, which apparently prompted one woman to call police.

“When they told me that on the phone … I couldn’t wrap my head around that,” their mother said. “What do you mean, it’s because they were quiet?”

Colorado State University officials said in an email to students that it is reviewing what happened to try to avoid similar situations or handle them more appropriately.

“The incident is sad and frustrating from nearly every angle, particularly the experience of two students who were here to see if this was a good fit for them as an institution,” the email said. “As a university community, we deeply regret the experience of these students while they were guests on our campus.”

During the tour, a campus police officer approached the brothers and confirmed they were part of the admissions tour, according to the school.

The mother said the older brother had been able to show the officer an email on his phone confirming their spots on the tour.

By then, however, their tour group had moved on without them and the brothers left the campus and returned home to New Mexico.

The university officials said a parent called police about the brothers. According the email, the tour guide did not know that campus police had been called or responded.

Gray described her sons as teenagers who like to express themselves through contemporary music and traditional songs. The family is Mohawk, and lived in upstate New York before moving to New Mexico, the mother said.

The older brother is currently a student at Northern New Mexico College in Espanola and has been talking about transferring to Colorado State University for the past year, his mother said. The younger brother is a high school senior at Santa Fe Indian School.

“They decided maybe they’ll go to school together and make it a great bonding experience,” Gray said. “They missed a day of school for this tour, and then for it to not even be completed …. It’s shameful on so many levels.”

My 12 year old got suspended from school yesterday
Some Asian boy whose in the 6th grade
Same as my son
Called told my 10 year old daughter **** you
And called my wife a *****
She went to tell her brother
Boy proceeds to call my son a p
My son says ok we will see after school
Teacher let’s his whole class out late
And boy is going around calling my son a p
To everyone
My son gets outta class
Him and the boy go behind the building
And my son lays the smacketh down on him.
Now here’s where I get irritated
So the boys mom calls the police on my some
Cause I guess the boys Face is swoll
How u do all this extra ****
All this talking
And then when u get whooped
Ur mom calls the police
Nothing happened
I guess they went to the school
and spoke to the principal
And principal was like don’t worry we will handle it internally
But still
Son never gets in trouble at school
Even principal
And teachers said they were surprised
My son was in trouble
And that the boy must have done something
I’m glad there was a bunch of witnesses
Because they corroborated what my son and daughter said
Plus the boy said something along the lines of he was gonna stab my son and daughter with a knife .
Better believe I’m tryna set up a meeting with that boys parents ASAP
I wasn’t mad at my son one bit
He didn’t do no talking
And I know handling things with violence
Isn’t always the best option
But I was proud for him standing up
For his sister and himself
He was suspended for 1 day

There must be some coordinated effort for white people to call the cops every time a black person sneezes, remote starts their car, stops to get gas, etc. when they know cops are trigger happy and will shoot without thinking about it. Hate to say it because I know its 'not all of them' but my trust of the average white person is going down into the single digit percentages.

i recently bought a house in a nice suburb of new jersey and were getting some work done on our house. the contractor was scheduled to come to my house one morning and he called me and said he was here. looked out the window and no one was there. when i stepped out i realized they pulled into the wrong drive way and i called them over. not 10 minutes later cops were parked outside of the house they mistakenly showed up at.

Sucks being at the mercy of scared white folks. Always having to gibthe extra step and consider how your actions will be perceived by scary on looking whites. Problem is they desetde to be scared and ts their fault for sweeping crooked actions under the rug for centuries. If you've been running from karma for that long it's gonna make you paranoid and do wierdo stuff like this.

Back
Top Bottom