FUNKO POP! VINYL THREAD (FUNTKO FACTION) STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...

What would you say is the average age of people that are into funkos?

All ages bro. funko was very popular in the collectible/nostalgia market before pops. brian getting all of these licenses just opened the floodgates. I literally can't think of a demographic that they don't cover.

Had a $5 bday reward from Box Lunch, picked up Andy for about 6 bucks.
IMG_3906.JPG

hennessy hennessy boooooooo where's headless ned at!

I kid I kid. I love the collection of the white walkers/night king. Very awesome GoT collection. I'm still gonna hit you very soon about those other pops too

anti venom dorbz looks sooooooooo good. hope it hits my stores soon. I would love to display that with my marvel legends figure and my first appearance of anti-venom

Anyone interested in the Happy Happy Joy Joy 2 pack? I might need to part with it to fund my grail purchases. Prices will be a bit under PPG.
You still got this?

That usurper Stannis got vaulted today. Might need to finally scoop him up.

Naw you snowporter scum. You wasn't with the king when he was saving your sorry tail. Don't be with him now that he's vaulted.

So for those who have gone to SDCC, or any Comic Con for that matter, how was your experience?
I kind of want to go Next year to SDCC and I need to gather a game plan to try to get these Pops lol

I thought it was simple as just go to the con and wait in the long lines :lol:

So for those who have gone to SDCC, or any Comic Con for that matter, how was your experience?
I kind of want to go Next year to SDCC and I need to gather a game plan to try to get these Pops lol

I thought it was simple as just go to the con and wait in the long lines :lol:
Sort of. Wednesday was a Preview Night lottery for Funko Fanatics boardmembers. Thursday-Sunday was a ****show. If you wanted a chance at Funko, you had to line up in the Everything Else line shoots in the morning before. So if you want a chance at Friday, you'd basically have to be in line Thursday morning. My friends had a group, where you know, laying down three sleeping bags becomes 10 people the following morning. So when the sails pavilion finally opens up you're marched from the side of the convention center (where you camped) to the back of the convention center known as the Sails Pavilion area. And you touch an IPAD to see if you win the chance to purchase Funkos that day. Where it becomes an absolute ****show is the line becomes so long it overextends down the stairs of the backside of the convention center onto the marina where it can't be monitored by security anymore. And that is where people who arrived at 630/7 in the morning, cut the line. And all those people who camped overnight and weren't in the first shoot, are somehow now hundreds of people behind all those people who cut in the marina area. So yeah, 18 hour waits for nothing. You're supposed to tap out with your RFID chip when you go down the stairs onto the backside of the marina, so it gives you a green light when you tap back in. But you have basically three unpaid comic con volunteers monitoring that area, and they are completely overwhelmed by the amount of the people down there in the morning. So all those line cutters when they tap in it's red, but still go through anyways. And if you do happen to get a ticket, if you have a later ticket, you're not guaranteed what you want. You might have a 2 PM return ticket, and some items may be gone by the time you get to access the shop. And this year, I think on Saturday, the purchase line got like super backed up. So 2 PM people got pushed back to 4 PM and what not.

And the popup shop, well. It opened Thursday at 10 AM, and people started lining up with ghost chairs from Tuesday morning. I guess if you're used to sneaker releases and ghost chairs, this shouldn't be a problem. So yeah, unless you have a group of people, and you don't lay down ghost chairs, Funko is almost impossible. I've passed on it the last two years not wanting to deal with that nonsense, and just copped share exclusives online. I know Funko doesn't like the current procedure, so hopefully it will change next year to a lottery. But SDCC doesn't know how to handle it. It doesn't help when they have three separate security firms running the operations independently of each other either too.

Back
Top Bottom