this
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by lexflex81

You guys, honestly....Here on NT I see much worse fun-poking towards any other groups/races/celebs etc, but when it comes down to "ghetto kids" you guys are all of a sudden insulted and it's a great crime
eyes.gif

It's the interwebz; chuckle (because it is funny and actually kind of heartwarming), take it with a grain of salt and move on. Like someone else said at least the dude is taking these kids on hkes (if it's not totally made up that is) and he's not putting them on blast by mentioning their full names or anything. No harm no foul.
Ugh the hypocrisy of some of you guys
30t6p3b.gif
Oh yea I forgot when you do someone a "favor" it is cool/ok to slightly insult them. You are telling us to laugh but we don't find it funny. So what if you have seen worse, this is still out of line.
I reported the page to Tumblr Officials.

Waiting for confirmation email.

I don't post much, but I found this quite deserving of one. The quickness to get offended and deem something racist by the minorities of NT is astounding! To read the blog, which I found some humor in, and be so highly offended that you felt the need to go so far as to report it to have it taken down is exactly what's wrong with the black community. Here you have a good willed gentleman, doing something positive with urban children and all you care about is the light hearted tumblr page he's created to joke about something we already know; urban youth have unconventional means of talking amongst each other and haven't been exposed to some of the smallest things that others take for granted, such as tree sap and a sky away from city lights where stars are visible. Instead of being offended by this small tumblr page and reporting it, be offended by that minstrel show that is wshh and sites of that nature and do something about it. Get from behind your computer screen and go to your local boys and girls club and expose children to.something they otherwise wouldn't have been. Be proactive in a positive way and make a change in real life, not on the internet.

1. I expected pictures.

2. I can tell by the name what "type" of person(s) are running this page.

3. None of the quotes are funny. But again, #2 isn't usually exposed to these "types" people people so they of course would find it amusing.
Originally Posted by Snapple Apple

This is exactly why we need more people of color in education/in positions of influence of "urban" youth. You got these condescending "others" coming from whatever segregated community they live in and openly mocking "urban" youth instead of teaching and mentoring them.
Bam!

If I can find out how to report this person I would.

This x5

not necessarily offended by the tumblr but it wasn't funny either.

but why does it have to be "ghetto" hikes though...

Originally Posted by sneekerluvr

Originally Posted by lexflex81

You guys, honestly....Here on NT I see much worse fun-poking towards any other groups/races/celebs etc, but when it comes down to "ghetto kids" you guys are all of a sudden insulted and it's a great crime
eyes.gif

It's the interwebz; chuckle (because it is funny and actually kind of heartwarming), take it with a grain of salt and move on. Like someone else said at least the dude is taking these kids on hkes (if it's not totally made up that is) and he's not putting them on blast by mentioning their full names or anything. No harm no foul.
Ugh the hypocrisy of some of you guys
30t6p3b.gif
Oh yea I forgot when you do someone a "favor" it is cool/ok to slightly insult them. You are telling us to laugh but we don't find it funny. So what if you have seen worse, this is still out of line.
I reported the page to Tumblr Officials.

Waiting for confirmation email.

I don't post much, but I found this quite deserving of one. The quickness to get offended and deem something racist by the minorities of NT is astounding! To read the blog, which I found some humor in, and be so highly offended that you felt the need to go so far as to report it to have it taken down is exactly what's wrong with the black community. Here you have a good willed gentleman, doing something positive with urban children and all you care about is the light hearted tumblr page he's created to joke about something we already know; urban youth have unconventional means of talking amongst each other and haven't been exposed to some of the smallest things that others take for granted, such as tree sap and a sky away from city lights where stars are visible. Instead of being offended by this small tumblr page and reporting it, be offended by that minstrel show that is wshh and sites of that nature and do something about it. Get from behind your computer screen and go to your local boys and girls club and expose children to.something they otherwise wouldn't have been. Be proactive in a positive way and make a change in real life, not on the internet.
I love when these corny white dudes speak like they're entitled to determine what others should think is funny, take light heartedly, or just generally feel a certain way about.
laugh.gif

FOH and stop talking about what we should be doing, you don't know a damn thing about what anybody here does when they're not behind their computer screen.

^ agree with the last two posts above

you find it humorous until you've been put in the shoes of a minority. and that'll never happen so you won't even know how it feels, even if the jokes seem light-hearted from the surface

who cares about race

it's because none of this trash is funny

terrible sense of humor or lack thereof

Tale of duck.

I honestly think this is fake. Just like Texts from Bennett. Anyone can front these days.

Someone start a Prep School Substitute Teacher tumblr.. then we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom