FX’s Shōgun Thread - on Hulu and FX.

So did the entire season hold up well? On a scale of 1 to 10 with Breaking Bad being 10, how do you rate this show?

If you don't think BB is a 10 you don't have to answer.
I give Shogun a strong 9 with 10 potential based on the climax. It’s up there with other dramatized mini/limited series like Chernobyl, Waco, and Escape at Dannemora for me.

I just wouldn’t put a miniseries in the same convo as BB.

I give Shogun a strong 9 with 10 potential based on the climax. It’s up there with other dramatized mini/limited series like Chernobyl, Waco, and Escape at Dannemora for me.

I just wouldn’t put a miniseries in the same convo as BB.

Oh okay I didn't know it was a miniseries. I'll check it out.

rob-mcelhenney-and-his-lookalike-from-sh%C5%8Dgun-hitoshi-masaki-v0-afa3cydra2uc1.jpeg

That episode was f***ing nuts. Toronaga is a borderline super villain, letting his friend
gut himself to buy time and believability.

That was some Logan Roy s*** lol

Him getting a 1-up on the priest putting him next to the brothel was ****ing hilarious

I have heard a lot of complaints about Shogun being slow/boring/confusing, but it just does it for me. Japanese politics, customs, and way of life have always been incredibly interesting to me, and so many great characters in this series.

I've been anti-Buntaro until this most recent episode. That tea scene had me in my feels.

Hoping that we also get some more Fuji and Rodrigues before it's all over.

Watched a littlevof the original series last night... pretty much a carbon copy with a few changes.

Anyone who is complaining about the show just wants more fighting, but with what has been set up so far, these last two episodes are going to be insane & I'm sure they will deliver more of that.

PO
It needs that “final battle” to be a 10/10 for me. It is a historical drama, but you can’t have a show centered on military and usurping power without depicting the violence and aftermath. I’m confident they’ll get it right based on what we’ve gotten so far.

in my opinion, it's crazy how they did the make up on mariko, the first few episodes she was :nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat: :nthat: but the last few episodes she was just whatever

Back
Top Bottom