FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

F2456897-DA3B-46E4-8573-3D730D593560.gif

4F1C427D-5B40-4862-84FD-A9FC985C5E90.gif

i have a barber just like this in my family

many of the stories id tell about him my friends thought i was exaggerating

went home with my wife after being away for years. my wife wanted said barber to cut my sons hair.

after 2 line cut ins for ‘appointments’,
leaving 2 customers in the chair with half cut hair because he had to ‘run somewhere right quick’, baby mama phone calls, then baby mama drop offs at the shop, my wife looks at me and says “does he always do this?”

C73CDBAB-BB04-4F16-93DE-3380137E122C.gif

When you set an appointment, get there 15 early.

Barber:" I got him, him, him.... then you."

Dude in the chair have a head full of hair so that's another +1.

I walked into a shop when I was working out of town. Dude was running bets or siomething and kept runnin next door in the middle of the cut. I Def was Al sitting up there in the seat with half a cut, no barber in sight. They be holding you hostage with the cut cause they know you gonna look like a hobo wearing a trash bag if you leave before it's done. Ain't gone lie episode gave me a little ptsd too.

The Key and Peele movie Keanu poster thing was dropped. Making sure that wasn't labeled a "black movie"

The snotty nosed kid saying, that was your trick :rofl:

The exasperation faces Al makes when you keep asking him the same question over and over are gold, because I'm like that. What do you want. Do a trick :stoneface:

Let me get you something to eat, it's the least I can do. Do you like Zaxby's :rofl: The look on Bibby's face when Al threw it. You wasted good food man.

I watched it a second time and was that supposed to mean creamy, squirting or wet peaches or squirter with nice ***.

every last one of us can attest that this portral is 100% accurate

we all know far too many barbers JUST like this

hair care..... (barbers/ beauticians) is the absolute LAST industry we control. black men dont trust other races with our hair, and rarely do we even trust women

look how we act when it comes to business

but if someone were to say it people will get mad and say it isnt true

Died when Bibby turned the clippers on and it sounded like a chainsaw :lol: I react the same why Al did when my barber’s **** does that.

I know single moms out there felt that scene at Bibby’s girl’s house :lol:

My barber cut hair, sell dope, sell dogs and everything in between :lol:. I can’t really trust a barber that isn’t a mover and shaker :lol:. Everybody had this moment:

-Barber: “Hol on real quick. I gotta make this run real quick”.

-You: (Sitting in the barber chair, sucking your teeth, shaking your head and mumbling) “This *****! :smh:

My old barber was a bookie, sold weed, and owned a landscaping company where all his employees were undocumented immigrants. If it involved cash, he was on it.

Famb drove an H2 Hummer and was on Medicaid. He switched to a Platinum ACA plan because in his words "No good dermatologist in the DMV take Medicaid"

This man had three Nextels at one point, three. So I probably didn't even know the full scale of his hustling

Just caught up to the thread and finally saw the Oktoberfest episode and to put my thoughts in even though I am late.

As somebody who is in an interracial marriage with a white woman, just from my experience there will be times where you will have to experience different cultures and be uncomfortable. It's sad but the reality of it is that it comes with the territory. You think my wife enjoys going to my house every Chinese New Year, Thanksgiving, Solstice, and Christmas, where she is not only the only non-Chinese person in the whole house, but people are speaking a language she doesn't understand from every direction and eats food she doesn't even know what part of the pig it came from? No, but she married a Chinese man and the reality of it is that is the culture she got married into, whether she likes it or not. And because she knows it and deals with it, I appreciate her by reciprocating that notion back to her by dealing with the same thing. I KNOW my wife is uncomfortable at my house, but what does she do? She puts a smile on and make the best of where she's at. Doing what Ern is doing will just be making herself miserable. The reality of it is, part of a relationship is having to know your partner's culture, whether you like it or not. Vanessa does whatever the **** Ern wants to do but Ern couldn't even deal with the **** for ONE WEEKEND. He sat around and pouted when Vanessa asked him to DANCE. He could've had fun and just let loose but instead he rather cry cuz he's the only black dude there.

Just caught up to the thread and finally saw the Oktoberfest episode and to put my thoughts in even though I am late.

As somebody who is in an interracial marriage with a white woman, just from my experience there will be times where you will have to experience different cultures and be uncomfortable. It's sad but the reality of it is that it comes with the territory. You think my wife enjoys going to my house every Chinese New Year, Thanksgiving, Solstice, and Christmas, where she is not only the only non-Chinese person in the whole house, but people are speaking a language she doesn't understand from every direction and eats food she doesn't even know what part of the pig it came from? No, but she married a Chinese man and the reality of it is that is the culture she got married into, whether she likes it or not. And because she knows it and deals with it, I appreciate her by reciprocating that notion back to her by dealing with the same thing. I KNOW my wife is uncomfortable at my house, but what does she do? She puts a smile on and make the best of where she's at. Doing what Ern is doing will just be making herself miserable. The reality of it is, part of a relationship is having to know your partner's culture, whether you like it or not. Vanessa does whatever the **** Ern wants to do but Ern couldn't even deal with the **** for ONE WEEKEND. He sat around and pouted when Vanessa asked him to DANCE. He could've had fun and just let loose but instead he rather cry cuz he's the only black dude there.

so i guess we’re ignoring Van openly flirting with another guy in front of Ern in a different language

In general though, how long is a person willing to put up with putting on a smile just to please their partner? After a while it gets old, and eventually you go "**** this. I can't do this anymore". That's where Earn is. Ultimately you gotta be yourself, whether your partner likes that self revelation or not. When a person accepts that part of you and recognizes it, then they understand and that's a deeper level of love. We didn't see that with Earn and Van tho. That's why we got the outcome at the end.

Back
Top Bottom