FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

Her giving him to CPS is definitely a cultural threat. The writers took a literal step to have it happen just as what if? To kick off the episode. Sadly for some, that scenario has been a reality because the mom couldn't take it. The first segment absolutely touched on the school to prison pipeline complex, the single Black mom struggle, and also making fun of all them Black Panther trips that happened, which is kind of ironic lol

Last edited:
Oh man

**** started off on some weird Jordan Peele horror ****.

Then the actual ep started and the first 8 min is pure cringe and tragedy. This is so sad and ****ed up. It progressively got worse.

From the guidance counselor suggesting he be put in a remedial class to those weak *** slaps by grandpa to his mom just giving him up to cps.

Rest of the ep is just evil white ppl enslaving and mistreating adopted black kids. Chock full of stereotypes and truths

Oh man

**** started off on some weird Jordan Peele horror ****.

Then the actual ep started and the first 8 min is pure cringe and tragedy. This is so sad and ****ed up. It progressively got worse.

From the guidance counselor suggesting he be put in a remedial class to those weak *** slaps by grandpa to his mom just giving him up to cps.

Rest of the ep is just evil white ppl enslaving and mistreating adopted black kids. Chock full of stereotypes and truths
I gotta agree the beginning at the school and house was super stale and over rehearsed. I didn’t pick up on the viral memes initially so it was just dumb to me. It pieced together like a lame casting call.

Damn, I've missed this show.

Paper Boi in the bed with them girls and **** immediately going left, 2Pac having mad fight left in him as they forcefully dropped that latex curtain on him, and the booking agent not being able to find Earn because of all the Sinterklaas blackfaces had me dying :rofl:

I don't know why but it feels like Van is about to **** Darius...

That first episode reminds me of an incident with a young relative many years ago. Her father reprimanded her for doing something dumb, left a slight mark. She went and told her teacher and the teacher immediately contacted CPS or whatever they're called. They came and spoke to my relative. It was kind of scary because the stakes are serious in a situation like that, it could affect your employment. The way the mother reacted in the episode reminds me of my father who would always say he dared one of us to call the cops on him. He'll tell them "Okay, you take them then". Black/Latinos, we "break out the belt" if we have to. If you're of a certain age, that's how it is or how it was. The past couple of decades has been a softening of parenting to the point where if you spank your kid, it could lead to you losing them.

The 2nd episode, all I know is that Dallas Penn must've loved that episode. He has been talking about that blackface character for years.

*The promoter mistaking a white guy dressed like earn and in Black face, for earn.

*After he initially bombs on earn, he stops to take a good hard look, can't tell the difference and keep whipping his ***.

*Earn watching it from the stairway and realizing the promoter couldn't tell the difference between the two...

Brilliant

*The promoter mistaking a white guy dressed like earn and in Black face, for earn.

*After he initially bombs on earn, he stops to take a good hard look, can't tell the difference and keep whipping his ***.

*Earn watching it from the stairway and realizing the promoter couldn't tell the difference between the two...

Brilliant
Definitely cringe worthy. Because they say we all look alike smh

I gotta agree the beginning at the school and house was super stale and over rehearsed. I didn’t pick up on the viral memes initially so it was just dumb to me. It pieced together like a lame casting call.
It was all satire to me even with the memes I didn't know about. The slap, giving up the kid so easily, I knew what the dancing was from, sending then to see Black Panther 2 as part of some initiative to further promote black culture, how evil these white are even when they think they're helping.

I was laughing through all that.

The deeper meaning though. Its ****ed up.

It was all satire to me even with the memes I didn't know about. The slap, giving up the kid so easily, I knew what the dancing was from, sending then to see Black Panther 2 as part of some initiative to further promote black culture, how evil these white are even when they think they're helping.

I was laughing through all that.

The deeper meaning though. Its ****ed up.
You need to break it down for me.

I understood the black communities buried under water. I could understand the social commentary but the meme part?

You need to break it down for me.

I understood the black communities buried under water. I could understand the social commentary but the meme part?
Some of it has been posted.

The 3 slaps happened in real life and went viral, the kid dancing on the table happened in real life, schools taking trips to see Black Panther was real, the kid in the fedora was apparently real as well, parents forcing their bad kids to dance and posted online is very real.

Without those references this ep would've been too absurd :lol:

Brilliant

Promoter said to Earn "And we tolerate people. Nothing like America." when he first met him.

All that went out the window when Earn said Paperboi not performing.

Back
Top Bottom