FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

no one even talking about how they killed that guy |I

and neither did they (paperboy darius and earn) :smh:  

desensitization is real 
That's why (to me) it was so powerful. He covered so much without even dwelling on it or acting surprised by it. He was trying to get to the pocket, and then the secret pocket. Then on the ride away was like "I'm not even mad about the jacket". At that point we knew he wasn't even mad about the dead man. He didn't say he was only worried about his goods in the pocket and didn't say he was upset at that senseless murder of a minority, because he didn't have to at that point because of the way the scene started (him hungover and worried about his jacket) we knew all he cared about was what was in the jacket and totally desensitized to another murder/statistic.

Very good writing

Edit: Did I read some where s2 episodes are an hour?

im sorry i didnt understand any of what you meant here

why was it so powerful? the lack of reaction?

i meant no one in the thread discussed how tragic / illegal (?) that murder was
In regard to being desensitized I was referring to the characters on the show. The fact that the characters (Earn, Paperboi, Darius) witness the cops gun down a man who was fleeing and it didn't faze them. They didn't even discuss how tragic it was. They're used to seeing that is what that tells me.

Like you, I thought it strange that your mention of it not being discussed in here was the first mention of it. We are probably desensitized to it as well. I mean it happens in real life with no consequence far too often, so why would seeing it on a show be worth discussing? (Maybe)

Last edited:
I'm going to have to go back and watch, but if I'm not mistaken, there were 3 shootings on the show.

1. Pilot Ep

2. Club

3. Sting Op.

I get the desensitized angle from the 3rd shooting in the finale, but I would love to see how Earn/Paperboi/Darius reacted to the other two...

He's already taking chances being Paperboy's manager and not even knowing when he'll get paid for it.

This. It aint rly a crutch if you just helped her pay rent and she aint got a job (?) so that def helps her. If you on good terms with the BM and you can be in an environment with your child, I don't understand why you would leave that.

Clubs get shot up bruh, we rly don't need too much backdrop on that

So breaking up or not ever being in a relationship with a female, both smashing other people, but the only reason you're there is for steady p and a place to stay isn't a crutch? Place ain't even in your name... but it's cool because you paid what you owed?

So y'all just keep going back to exes instead of moving forward? You'll never accomplish anything new, by making the same old mistakes. That whole repeating behavior, expecting different results = insanity cliché.

It's easy to do what's familiar and harder to successfully make new moves, especially when there's a comfy spot for you to fall back on.

Last edited:
Must be a man thing cuz I don't see why anyone would pick a storage unit over his BM's house if she isn't stressing him about being there.

You get tired of asking people for favors. People eventually get tired of helping you out even if they aren't currently stressing out about it. This was a baby step to independence.

So breaking up or not ever being in a relationship with a female, both smashing other people, but the only reason you're there is for steady p and a place to stay isn't a crutch? Place ain't even in your name... but it's cool because you paid what you owed?

So y'all just keep going back to exes instead of moving forward? You'll never accomplish anything new, by making the same old mistakes. That whole repeating behavior, expecting different results = insanity cliché.

It's easy to do what's familiar and harder to successfully make new moves, especially when there's a comfy spot for you to fall back on.

Damn bro this post just hit me right upside my head. Repped.

Let's all be happy that there's another black entertainer that isn't Tyler perry making television.

Earn would have turned around, rain would have started pouring, they kiss, the girl from the Juneteenth episode would have entered scene "I'm pregnant". Earn, "fawwwwwwk"

It's great to see television with a real ending. Life ain't a crystal stair. Sometimes you gotta skip meals, do dirt, stay on couches, smash girls you regret just to have a place to stay....the ending was real life.

Off topic from Atlanta but staying with Glover... Talented dude.. Covering the Tamia song... He gave it that MJ Rock With You vibe... Fender Rhodes always sound so damn good...

Last edited:
Must be a man thing cuz I don't see why anyone would pick a storage unit over his BM's house if she isn't stressing him about being there.
Its a man thing but you can tell from prior episodes that Van wasn't feeling the current conditions of their relationship. There's no need to wait for somebody to tell you there's a problem when all signs point to a problem existing.

Not wanting to mooch off someone shouldn't be a man thing :lol:

Season 2 has A LOT to live up to. There were no expectations before. Now they're going to be through the roof.

View media item 2220062
View media item 2158995

If paper boi was wanted in connection with the parking lot shooting and armed robbery at the club, that would have come up when they ran his information and the drug sting.

The timeline for this show needs to be explained.

Last edited:
When a child is involved some of that is necessary. We rly don't know the status of their relationship but if imma cook a meal for the girl, drop guap in her pocket, netflix and chill, spending a night shall be in order.

Dude bout to go on tour so he's gonna have less time with his daughter, why not put yourself in a position to see her the most you can. I wouldn't call dude a bad father but it's obvious he doesn't try as much as he could

Like most actions in this show it's not exactly necessary but questioning it to a degree is just looking too much into it

Last edited:
If paper boi was wanted in connection with the parking lot shooting and armed robbery at the club, that would have come up when they ran his information and the drug sting.

He ain't the one they wanted, plus he ain't got no charges they already popped him for the shooting and he got out. For the club appearance I dunno :lol:

wanted for questioning. As long as no chargers were filed it wouldnt matter

When a child is involved some of that is necessary. We rly don't know the status of their relationship but if imma cook a meal for the girl, drop guap in her pocket, netflix and chill, spending a night shall be in order.

Dude bout to go on tour so he's gonna have less time with his daughter, why not put yourself in a position to see her the most you can. I wouldn't call dude a bad father but it's obvious he doesn't try as much as he could

she literally called him a good father in the final episode though.

Hes been staying at her spot though that's the thing. The first episode showed him waking up to her. Though he got love for her Earn ain't tyring to be with her, dude still sleeping around with randoms. He was cool but he's just floating along in life. He wasn't progressing in the way he wanted. Being a good father is more than just paying bills and being around. He ain't being the best person he can be for his daughters future.

Again I get it. And for whoever said it's a man thing I dunno about all that. It's the same reason people up and move out there parents house even though there isn't a reason why they should beyond them wanting a change.

I don't think the timeline of events really matters, at least not for this season. The actual events that occur primarily served as an opportunity for callbacks, running gags, and stuff like that.

Also keep in mind this was the pilot season. Maybe there will be a bigger story board and less of an episodic approach next season.

Very solid showing for Gambino. I told friends this show was a mix between Louis and Friday though it favors the latter when it comes to pacing. Because of that it felt like it dragged at some points (I prefer Next Friday to Friday for that reason). My only real complaint is the dialogue. Not the content, but the volume/delivery. Had to rewind parts because dudes mumble sometimes.

Can't wait for next season. Have a feeling we'll see this show hit its full stride.

You get tired of asking people for favors. People eventually get tired of helping you out even if they aren't currently stressing out about it. This was a baby step to independence.

I can get this but to a storage unit?

Off topic from Atlanta but staying with Glover... Talented dude.. Covering the Tamia song... He gave it that MJ Rock With You vibe... Fender Rhodes always sound so damn good...

I love this video. Watch it all the time. I only ever liked Glover as Troy on Community but this made me look at him different. Always found his comedy super corny.

Not wanting to mooch off someone shouldn't be a man thing :lol:

Season 2 has A LOT to live up to. There were no expectations before. Now they're going to be through the roof.

she literally called him a good father in the final episode though.

Hes been staying at her spot though that's the thing. The first episode showed him waking up to her. Though he got love for her Earn ain't tyring to be with her, dude still sleeping around with randoms. He was cool but he's just floating along in life. He wasn't progressing in the way he wanted. Being a good father is more than just paying bills and being around. He ain't being the best person he can be for his daughters future.

Again I get it. And for whoever said it's a man thing I dunno about all that. It's the same reason people up and move out there parents house even though there isn't a reason why they should beyond them wanting a change.

When I say man thing I mean going to live in an actual shed vs. staying in someone's apt. People move out all the time but most women with another option aren't going to a storage unit. If Ern got his own apt. I wouldn't have thought anything of it.

When a child is involved some of that is necessary.

I'm a divorced father of two girls with 40% custody, paying child support, etc.

Point is, it's not "necessary". I went through the "doing what's best for the kids" excuse stage and that's all it is... an excuse made out of fear. The fear of doing your own thing, starting from scratch AND making time to be a father. And bigger than that, the fear of failure or making the wrong decision.

But confidence comes from your ability to trust your own decision making and following through with your plan, rather than giving up at the first sign of struggle.

My Pops told me, "you don't have to be with their mother to be a father to your girls" and he was right. Glad to see that gem being dropped in the show. Is a two parent home ideal? Of course. But if **** ain't working, you gotta make moves.

Last edited:
finally watched the finally and I love it.

That conversation Paper Boi and Darius where having while Earn was on the phone with the Uber driver about the sushi sunflower seeds 
roll.gif

They just took out that Fidel dude so fast while he was running away 
mean.gif

I really love this show man I can't wait for season two.

I'm assuming Ern is living in a storage unit cuz of his pride? That was my first thought when he laid down
I thought moreso him tyring to break the cycle and routine on his life so far. He can't keep running back to Van and Al in his mind. I get it I was in a situation like that back in the day and sometimes you gotta make a drastic change to save yourself.
This is how I felt about him living in the storage unit too he needed to do something major to shake up his life and keep him motivated in a way moving forward and not getting stuck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom