FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

and that's just not me having some against the grain opinion.

it's been praised by everyone ...musical peers included

Well I vehemently disagree. That project is a weedplate. Totally unlistenable 

Also Royalty>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:
Dude I'm so ****** up right now. I can't even form the proper hyperbolic sentence to explain to D'angleo why I woke him up at 4am to listen to this. I'm like---when is the last time someone sucker punched me on this level.....I mean I knew #AroundTheWorldInADay  was coming & it was a left turn---I'm about to blow the wigs off music historians... but I thought I was getting some fresh millennial 2016 hip hop **** and I got sucker punched. The last sucker punch in black music I remember in which NOONE had a clue what was coming was Sly's #TheresARiotGoinOn---read my IG about it (the flag)---I'm writing in real time cause ---Jesus Christ the co-author of #WearwolfBarmitzvah  just SONNED the **** outta me. In the best way possible. I was NOT expecting a trip to Detroit circa 1972 at United Sound Studios. I haven't written or been stunned by an album I wasn't expecting since that time I got an advance of #BackToBlack. The music is so lush man, I can see the kaleidoscope color mesh of the #Westbound  logo. Dude I can't curb my enthusiasm. All I know is if #P4k  try to play him again with these ratings there WILL be a riot goin on.
it might just be a generational thing i really enjoy soul and funk music.

and all of my homies loved this album too...

I'm not sure if it's possible for him to make anything better than Royalty at this point, and I'm OK with that

Dude I'm so ****** up right now. I can't even form the proper hyperbolic sentence to explain to D'angleo why I woke him up at 4am to listen to this. I'm like---when is the last time someone sucker punched me on this level.....I mean I knew #AroundTheWorldInADay
 was coming color:rgb(0,53,105);margin:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;" target="_blank">#TheresARiotGoinOn
---read my IG about it (the flag)---I'm writing in real time cause ---Jesus Christ the co-author of #WearwolfBarmitzvah
 just SONNED the **** outta me. In the best way possible. I was NOT expecting a trip to Detroit circa 1972 at United Sound Studios. I haven't written or been stunned by an album I wasn't expecting since that time I got an advance of #BackToBlack
. The music is so lush man, I can see the kaleidoscope color mesh of the #Westbound
 logo. Dude I can't curb my enthusiasm. All I know is if #P4k
 try to play him again with these ratings there WILL be a riot goin on.

1. I don't really care what questlove or anybody says like that. He's hot right now I get it. People also loves life of Pablo and yeezus

2. It's not about hating funk music. If it was prince on the album he would've be killed it. Donald can't sing. I'll put it this way. He can sing, but he can't sang. I'd never praise him for his vocals. They're passable at times

Last edited:
I thought the album was great, I put it right below Because the Internet. Very refreshing and I'm not even a big funk fan.

I don't understand how you can remake Lion King though. The animated movie was perfect.

Still. I've given up on ever getting a normal Gambino album

I see what you getting at but there rly aint no "normal" Gambino album. Almost all his projects sound different and have a different theme. I mean I get we want more rap but Kauai had the bare minimum of rap

Awaken My Love was practice for him to sing the songs in Lion King.. we're gonna get a funky falsetto singing Simba and I ain't even mad.

Still. I've given up on ever getting a normal Gambino album

I see what you getting at but there rly aint no "normal" Gambino album. Almost all his projects sound different and have a different theme. I mean I get we want more rap but Kauai had the bare minimum of rap

I agree. Even shows in his tapes. Everything after the block from Sick Boi to I AM JUST A RAPPER 2 is completely different from each other. Dude isn't an artist you can box in. There is no normal Gambino/Glover anything.

Royalty = AML! to me also [emoji]128064[/emoji] Awaken really 1a though.

It seems that AML overall attracted more new fans and left 30% (a completely made up percentage) of previous fans disappointed.

I hoped for a rap album but the sounds that he put together on that album were very well accepted by me and at times I'll listen to the album after not playing it for some time and it's even better than what I remember. I remember saying at first it was a cool album but I'll play it now and be shocked how great it is.

He may never make another rap album and may continue to stretch himself

Id say Atlanta and his newfound popularity attracted more people to AML rather than the sound. There were people who never even heard of him checking him out because of ATL

After he landed Lando, I didn't think this show would return honestly. [emoji]127997[/emoji]‍♂️

Reactions: g14
I don't think Season 2 will air until 2019...And even that I think is a stretch.

I have to agree with yall. Season 2 is looking dim at this moment. My dad loved the 1st season. He said forget playing Lando, he and paperboi need to get on season 2 asap.

Intuition, the Deadpool show being on FX/FXX, and that the network rly puts no pressure on them to get it done (i.e. Louie)

Last edited:
I mean give it a alittle while longer before you write it of FX said there would be a season two in 2018

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Didn't know a Death Note movie was being made.

Darius is my favorite character.
I mean give it a alittle while longer before you write it of FX said there would be a season two in 2018
even darius bout to blow up and say later on this show

PAPER BOY PAPER BOY ALL ABOUT THAT PAPER BOY :pimp:

Just started this show I been meaning to watch it for a minute. I'm too hyped to see gambino acting so there's pretty much nothing the show can do wrong in my eyes. Episode 1 was funny

Back
Top Bottom