Are these gonna be a hypebeast item?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I hope not

• Total voters
These galaxy Rookies OVER and GREATER then the galaxy foams ANY day. Matter of fact the royal, the black, the red and the pink foams over the galaxy foams any day. Although Penny is tied for my 3rd all time favorite basketball player, I was not sold on the rookies until this colorway. So I have been seeing two different versions one with glow in the dark pods and one with black pods. Which one is the sole collector release and which is the release to us the public?

go 'head and get it over with and just off urself now, famb. :rofl:

Last edited:
the black pods come with remove before flight tag? what are my chances of using  lebron X+ GM as trade bait 4 the black pods? the pics sold me.

anyone who trades these for those brons is smoking some powerful ish!! i need some! :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Galaxy print or not, this is still merely a Zoom Rookie, we're talking a Historic Signature shoe of an All Time Great for a Gimmick Hybrid shoe of a damn good player who's career was cut too short. The Lebron GM's look better, are more comfortable, and mean more in the larger landscape of footwear culture. It really just depends on who you find to trade with and their view point of kicks. I'd say you have a 50/50 chance of pulling it off if you get a logical person and not someone that thinks the Galaxy print is some kind of "Holy Grail of Sneakerland"....goodluck.

Last edited:
GM LeBrons > Galaxy Rookies tbh

In the long run GM LbJs will be viewed at the better/ more classic kick. Think AJ Olympic 7s but less retros and more exclusivity

This is like waiting for Dre's Detox album... They say expect it to drop soon but it ain't never dropping.
mean.gif

Last edited:
This is like waiting for Dre's Detox album... They say expect it to drop soon but it ain't never dropping.
mean.gif
**** Dr Dre.
roll.gif
I don't even care if Detox ever releases, whereas these I do. 

Plus Detox has been supposed to drop every year since 2003 lol how can it take you a decade to drop ONE album?! But I digress.

In 2022 I bet you anything that 8-12 year olds living now are going to be looking at the galaxy colorway and be like "why were people so interested in having their sneakers look like bowling balls?" I'm half kidding because they are really nice sneakers but I'm just thinking a little more long run.. People will view these kicks as a part of history.. Only 2 players in the NBA were able to win MVP, win a championship, and win gold at the Olympics all in the same year- MJ and LJ. The sneakers he wore in the Olympic Gold Medal game were picked far in advance because Nike realized the marketing opportunities of having another athlete achieve what MJ did 18 years later. It's an innovative sneakers.

Whereas the Rookie Galaxy Zoom would never go into production if the Galaxy Foams had not come out. There's no creativity with the Rookies. It's just a variation of a colorway that worked. I do like them. They're very nice looking.

I'm just more into thinking what would have more value to sneaker fans and basketball fans in years from now when we can really appreciate all of the detail in these X's. The gold check is sooo nice and soo different! Nike Plus in LeBrons is new and innovative. Glow in the dark (SC version) soles and galaxy print is nice.. But it's been done before.

Making the argument that LbJ X's are nicer / more valuable than Galaxy Foams would be nearly impossible because that sneaker was very innovative.

In 2022 I bet you anything that 8-12 year olds living now are going to be looking at the galaxy colorway and be like "why were people so interested in having their sneakers look like bowling balls?" I'm half kidding because they are really nice sneakers but I'm just thinking a little more long run.. People will view these kicks as a part of history.. Only 2 players in the NBA were able to win MVP, win a championship, and win gold at the Olympics all in the same year- MJ and LJ. The sneakers he wore in the Olympic Gold Medal game were picked far in advance because Nike realized the marketing opportunities of having another athlete achieve what MJ did 18 years later. It's an innovative sneakers.
Whereas the Rookie Galaxy Zoom would never go into production if the Galaxy Foams had not come out. There's no creativity with the Rookies. It's just a variation of a colorway that worked. I do like them. They're very nice looking.
I'm just more into thinking what would have more value to sneaker fans and basketball fans in years from now when we can really appreciate all of the detail in these X's. The gold check is sooo nice and soo different! Nike Plus in LeBrons is new and innovative. Glow in the dark (SC version) soles and galaxy print is nice.. But it's been done before.
Making the argument that LbJ X's are nicer / more valuable than Galaxy Foams would be nearly impossible because that sneaker was very innovative.

I think in 2022 people will be freefall jumping out of 40 miles on top of the earth wearing Galaxy Nike shoes, so they can get the special Galaxy feeling! LMFAO

in 2022 these shoes will probably be retroed, so who knows what will be in 10 years...

LeBron fanboys are the worst 
laugh.gif

LeBron fanboys are the worst :lol: .
This might be hard to imagine but I'm a Knicks fan and although I appreciate how great of a ball player he is... I'm not a fan. I like the sneakers though- I def don't like them all but the GM X's and Carbon X's are my favorite cw's from the X's.

This might be hard to imagine but I'm a Knicks fan and although I appreciate how great of a ball player he is... I'm not a fan. I like the sneakers though- I def don't like them all but the GM X's and Carbon X's are my favorite cw's from the X's.

Apropos Knicks: imagine Orange pods, NY blue Foamposite, white clear sole, orange laces and a black tongue! Would look perfect!

i think i would probably do like $250 tops on black pods. I'll probably be able to get 'em for $245 after some negotiating. Black pods are not worth $85 more than their $215 retail. jk.

I'm sorry. I don't want to crush anyone's hope but to think you'll get these for only $250 from a reseller is pure comedy. I'm just being real here. But please let me get a hit of what your :smokin

Back
Top Bottom