Game 2: Houston Rockets (5) @ Portland Trailblazers (4) 4/21 10:00EST NBATV (HOU 1-0)

AARON
eek.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

Originally Posted by blackxme

%#$@ these refs, artest shot selection, and the rockets ft. shooting.

Portland still has 3 more fouls than Houston.

Whatever happened to Battier and Artest canceling Roy out?
laugh.gif
Not the amount of fouls. They type of fouls...

Oh you mean like the Blakes "technical foul"? Or the foul that put Oden on the bench where Kyle Lowry was out of control and then shouldered him inthe gut? Both of those were maybe the wprst I had seen all season, seriously.

I can't fathom why anyone that isn't a Houston fan would think this game wasn't called fairly. I can't even fathom why any Houston wouldthink that way but i'm guessing it's due to being influenced by crybabies like Scola throwing a euro-fit when he clearly commited a foul.

Foul???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????////

mad.gif

lol Blazers only won by 4 and all it took was Roy scoring 41 pts and LA playing his **# off.

Houston still got this, gotta make our free throws though.

hopefully the rockets will get some home court advantage fouls in houston.

and there's gotta be a way for yao to get better position in the post. dang, go watch what shaq use to do when he was being triple teamed. lol.

hope mutumbo is better too. what a warrior.

Well Portland fans were angry about the officiating in game 1 and now I know all us rockets fans are going to be pissed because of game 2. I think the refs
were well aware of the game 1 officiating and probably felt pressure to make sure Portland got the benefit of the doubt on the close calls, which is usually the case
for home teams. All in all, we didn't shoot our free throws well and we let BRoy and Alridge kill us, it seems like those are the only two that showed up for the Blazers.
Anyway, see you in Houston...
If the refs were so aware of this then why would Portland's only 3 post players have 5 fouls each with 4 minutes left against a team thathas Yao Ming?
grin.gif
None of these accusations make sense on any level.

laugh.gif

Oh you mean like the Blakes "technical foul"? Or the foul that put Oden on the bench where Kyle Lowry was out of control and then shouldered him in the gut? Both of those were maybe the wprst I had seen all season, seriously.

I can't fathom why anyone that isn't a Houston fan would think this game wasn't called fairly. I can't even fathom why any Houston would think that way but i'm guessing it's due to being influenced by crybabies like Scola throwing a euro-fit when he clearly commited a foul.
Scola isn't from Europe

Originally Posted by gescobe

laugh.gif

Oh you mean like the Blakes "technical foul"? Or the foul that put Oden on the bench where Kyle Lowry was out of control and then shouldered him in the gut? Both of those were maybe the wprst I had seen all season, seriously.

I can't fathom why anyone that isn't a Houston fan would think this game wasn't called fairly. I can't even fathom why any Houston would think that way but i'm guessing it's due to being influenced by crybabies like Scola throwing a euro-fit when he clearly commited a foul.
Scola isn't from Europe
He played there forever.

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

lol Blazers only won by 4 and all it took was Roy scoring 41 pts and LA playing his **# off.

Basically.

Shut the hell up Exile.

What about that OBVIOUS flop from Pryzbilla? Oden wrapping Yao and then literally SHOVING him and no technical? That fadeaway by Roy when he fell and Battierdid not touch him? That last foul called on Lowry? Dude look at the replays and see that your %%$%%%@ biased opinion is full of *#%$. Portland got SEVERALcalls in favor of them.

Can't wait for Friday... I will defiantly be in the building...

WE HAVE TO HIT FREE THROWS...
Aaron needs to be aggresive the WHOLE game... not just at the end when he's hitting 40 footers...
Ron Artest... quit shooting off balance threes
Von Wafer = Instant Buckets

Man when Rudy tripped there at the end I thought we were about to see a miracle... hahaha oh well... Friday will be TOTALLY different.. Go Rockets!

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

i think we're going to win. but portland fans can counter with our role players are playing above their hands. brooks is playing out of hismind right now.

again, if yao is gonna be made useless in this series, it could be tough.

laugh.gif

can't really call a fair game in the nba but we all know there are homecourt advantage calls. technical fouls are pretty subjective. blakeisn't a very vocal player so hearing him react to being called a slow mo after brooks blew past him warranted a T. lol. and oden... come on now. heaverages a lot of fouls for a reason. perfect example of some consistency in foul calling for you. haha.

and yeah, some euro players do get upset over being called fouls (gasol, ginobli, scola, etc) but that applies to players of all nationalities. one thing forsure, yao better get some foul calls in houston for all that
frontin'.

oh yeah, thanks for the correction on ginobli and scola being from argentina. my fault.

Bottomline, the refs were blowing their whistles all night long, both ways. From the start of the game.

With that said, the Blazers did a better than I thought they would job on Yao this game. They threw the kitchen sink at dude. Different lineups, differentlooks, zones, fronts, doubles, everything. Fortunately for the Rockets, everybody stepped it up to pick up the slack.

On the flipside Roy had a monster game. Dude was driving, hitting fadeaways, dagger 3's. Nickname should be The Closer. LA had a monster game as well afterbeing a no show game 1.

All that, and the Rockets were still within striking distance.

For the Rockets, had they made their FT's and executed better, this game could have been there's. If that's what it takes for the Blazers to win,monster games by two players, then we like our chances.

Rick needs to find a solution so Yao can get more looks, and stop putting Ron on Roy. Battier does a better job defending the dude.

Unless Portland can correct their road woes against .500+ teams overnight, I don't really think the Blazers are gonna win in Houston. I think the Rocketswill run away with in Game 3. A decisive victory.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Bottomline, the refs were blowing their whistles all night long, both ways. From the start of the game.

With that said, the Blazers did a better than I thought they would job on Yao this game. They threw the kitchen sink at dude. Different lineups, different looks, zones, fronts, doubles, everything. Fortunately for the Rockets, everybody stepped it up to pick up the slack.

On the flipside Roy had a monster game. Dude was driving, hitting fadeaways, dagger 3's. Nickname should be The Closer. LA had a monster game as well after being a no show game 1.

All that, and the Rockets were still within striking distance.

For the Rockets, had they made their FT's and executed better, this game could have been there's. If that's what it takes for the Blazers to win, monster games by two players, then we like our chances.

Rick needs to find a solution so Yao can get more looks, and stop putting Ron on Roy. Battier does a better job defending the dude.

Unless Portland can correct their road woes against .500+ teams overnight, I don't really think the Blazers are gonna win in Houston. I think the Rockets will run away with in Game 3. A decisive victory.
yao gotta find a way to dominate against any defense if he wants to carry a team. he's continually made useless whenever a team focuses totaking him out of a game.

Yao can take over games, but he has a hard time getting the rock when he's fronted. He's just not agile enough at 7'6. It's not about strengtheither though. Yao just doesn't have the footwork or quickness to fight it off.

We'll see what adjustments are made for game 3

Back
Top Bottom