Game 4: 4/25/09 Los Angeles Lakers (2) at Utah Jazz (1) 9 PM ET, 6 PM PT on ESPN and KCAL9

Just saw a segment on ESPN saying that Odom might start over Bynum tonight. Avery Johnson explained his point of view and I must say it seems like a good idea.He mentioned how Odoms been a beast off the bench and Bynum migt be better off with the second unit for now while he recovers his game.

Tex Winter just had a stroke

[h2]Lakers guru Winter has apparent stroke[/h2]April 25, 2009, 3:40 PM ET
Tex Winter, the longtime Los Angeles Lakers consultant and architect of the triangle offense, has suffered an apparent stroke, coach Phil Jackson said Saturday.

Jackson, talking after a morning shootaround in Salt Lake City, said Winter was in Manhattan, Kan., for a reunion of Kansas State basketball team members when he became ill and fell in the shower.

Winter was taken to a hospital, Jackson said, and had made slight progress Saturday.

Due to medical privacy laws, the Lakers would not confirm or comment on Winter's condition.

But ESPN's Stephen A. Smith and 710 ESPN Radio's John Ireland have confirmed through sources that Winter suffered a stroke.

Winter, the longtime aide and mentor to Jackson, cut short his role with the Lakers in this season's training camp, saying the shingles that have plagued him the last few years have required heavier medication.

For years Winter has been immensely important to Jackson, but Winter said then that the medication had limited his usefulness.

Winter, who lives in Oregon, recently told the Los Angeles Times he thought it was unlikely he would return for his 10th season with the Lakers and 64th overall in basketball.

"I'm getting too old," he told the newspaper. "At one time I thought I would [return], but I'm not sure anymore. I would feel a whole lot better about it if I didn't have these shingles. It's really taken me downhill. The thing I don't want to become is too much of a distraction if my health doesn't hold up."

Link

I hope you are okay Tex.
frown.gif

The lakers have to take this game now... I would like to see Pau and Bynum get some good post position early and the set the tone

Tex, get better man-- we need you there. finally day off today! 36 pack, chicken wings, and the crew... CANT WAIT TO SEE THE LAKERS DOMINATE THE jazz. lets goLakers!

Doris Burke with her horny commentating tonight. She's already in form.

"His big strong body" (describing Boozer).

We better win this 1..last game made me so mad!!

I expect Kobe to light it up 2night and for us 2 win the next 2 games!!

Letz Go LAL!!!

Back
Top Bottom