GAME 5 EC SEMIS - CLE V BOS

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by APLX2

LeExcuse is getting out of hand. After the game was over I knew dude was gonna be arrogant and self loathing at the press conference. Dude acting like he's god and does no wrong on the court. What a douche. 
who smiles after getting blown out?
nba_g_ellis_580.jpg

The more that I think about it, with the way Bron is getting killed today by the media; he may end up having an all-time great performance tomorrow night: I'm talking like 40+ 10+ 10+, question is will that be enough and will someone else show up. Cause he CANT go out like this and then leave CLE he'll look like a fraud, if he plays well in Game 6 and they still lose at least he can say "I did everything I could, but it wasn't enough".

I hate Cleveland and Lebron James as you can tell by my sig (shout out to xta) but first of all this series is far from over. If they can get it to a game 7 in Cleveland anything can happen. Also Shaq played well that is a great sign, one of these games other players are going to have to step up (people been saying that for years, but it is bound to happen). This, as funny as it sounds, could be the best thing that happens to Lebron. He might go for 40-15-8 in the first half! Cavs fans, stay tough you guys have a good shot. Against Orlando tho....but one series at a time.

EDIT: I will say this, nobody should be saying Lebron doesn't have any players around him. I heard Chris Brousard using that excuse again, I was disgusted.

If Lebron & the Cavs lose game 6 tomorrow what reason is left for him to stay in Cleveland? Besides the usual "Well he's from & lives in Ohio"

I mean dude has:

- Brought the Cavs franchise out of mediocrity.
- Made it to the Finals. Only to get swept.
- Made it to the ECF twice. Only to lose.
- Then lose this year in the 2nd round with a team that management put around good talent around him.
- A aging roster with 2 past their prime centers in Z & Shaq.
- A horrible and overrated coach in Mike Brown.

He has more than enough reasons to leave and sign with the Knicks this summer.

Lost in all of this Bron talk is that a lot of people are forgetting that Boston WILL be ready for tomorrow night. Everyone is busy focusing on Lebron's revenge or whatever, but this isn't a pushover Celtics team....the last thing they want is to be upstaged and embarrassed on their home floor. They have a sick group of vets who know how to win and get it done.

Shaq played well but he was getting spoon fed from Mo Williams of all people.
laugh.gif

If the Celtics can prevent Mo from getting into the paint and hope that LeBron is off again, they'll close the series.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Lost in all of this Bron talk is that a lot of people are forgetting that Boston WILL be ready for tomorrow night. Everyone is busy focusing on Lebron's revenge or whatever, but this isn't a pushover Celtics team....the last thing they want is to be upstaged and embarrassed on their home floor. They have a sick group of vets who know how to win and get it done.
Game 3.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Game 3.
With a game of this magnitude, you best believe that the Celtics don't want to go back to Cleveland.

I have a serious question: who is the best teammate Lebron has ever had? 33 year old Jamison? 38 year old Shaq? Varejao? Mo?

Those all look like 3rd options at best. He still hasn't had a real second banana yet.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

I have a serious question: who is the best teammate Lebron has ever had? 33 year old Jamison? 38 year old Shaq? Varejao? Mo?

Those all look like 3rd options at best. He still hasn't had a real second banana yet.
This reminds me how dumb Cavs management really was for letting Boozer get away. Yeah we can blame Boozer for lying to them, but why did they let him become a free agent in the first place? They should have just let him play the next season and then re-signed him. Dumbies. 
laugh.gif

And thats why Lebron will leave.
Why should he stick with a team that hasn't gotten him any help? Everyone knew Jamison, Shaq and Mo wouldn't be the answer.

It's been almost 8 years into his career and he hasn't done +!%%. Time for a fresh start Bron.
pimp.gif

THANK YOU for bringing up that serious question, seriously Cleveland can't be mad at Lebron if he dips this summer and funny thing is people really do consider Tawn, Mo, and Shaq are good options............

Another serious question: Do you guys think the Cavs is a playoff team without Bron?

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

If Lebron & the Cavs lose game 6 tomorrow what reason is left for him to stay in Cleveland? Besides the usual "Well he's from & lives in Ohio"

I mean dude has:

- Brought the Cavs franchise out of mediocrity.
- Made it to the Finals. Only to get swept.
- Made it to the ECF twice. Only to lose.
- Then lose this year in the 2nd round with a team that management put around good talent around him.
- A aging roster with 2 past their prime centers in Z & Shaq.
- A horrible and overrated coach in Mike Brown.

He has more than enough reasons to leave and sign with the Knicks this summer.

-5 years between the last playoff appearance and LeBron getting drafted
-Swept by a vastly superior Spurs team with Sasha Pavlovic as the starting #2
-Yes
-TBD
-Z and Shaq are gone after the season
-Mike Brown is gone after the season and LeBron would be able to name the coach.

I dont want to hear that.

If you look at Jamison numbers and Gasols numbers they are pretty damn similar.

Career avgs

Jamison-19.8 PPG , 8.1 RPG
Gasol-  18.8 PPG,  9.0 RPG

Gasol has really only started rebounding the past 2 years and of course Pau is taller too.

You cant really blame Jamison when you never run plays for him. Its hard for a guy to get started when every time he gets the ball is because Lebron decides he wants to pass to him instead driving the hoop.

The Cavs have done everything in their power to build a team around Lebrons strengths. The Lakers just got hella lucky when they got Gasol.

Shaq 'playing well' I believe is actually the worst thing for CLE right now. Them dumping the ball into him just slows down the entire offense and pace of the game. Mr. Potato Head obviously is slow and should have been playing Varejo and Hickson A LOT MORE than they have been. They are energy guys with athleticism that can and have given the Celtics problems in games earlier this season. This pounding of the rock by Shaq where he's not being doubled teamed anymore and throwing up hooks and missing is playing right into Boston's defensive hands. They don't care, it's clogging up lanes for Bron to drive and just making things more difficult than it has to be for CLE. Maybe Mr. Potato Head will realize this by Thursday and limit Shaq's minutes.

It is hilarious how lebron and cavs fans always hype the cavaliers up when the playoffs start.

Then when the Cavs are in trouble the whole "lebron's team is trash" and he needs a "scottie pippen" statements come...

like clockwork

Is it me or are the going just a bit OD with all this lebron stuff?

I can remember game 7 when Kobe played horrible they went in on him but not this bad.

Now everybody is blaming everybody.

What happens when Lebron goes off for 50 next game and the cavs win?

Are people not allowed to have bad games now?

I don't think it's the fact that he had a bad game Pac. Magic, Bird, MJ, Kobe, etc. all had bad games in the playoffs in their careers, it's just that maybe with the exception of Kobe in that Game 7 vs the Suns, you never questioned their effort. Bron flat out looked like for the 1st time I can remember that he could care less what was going on out there. That's why all of this is being leveled at him today. His postgame comments don't help either, just more nonchalantness like this was a game in November instead of the most pivotal game of the Cavs season.

If he comes back and goes crazy and the Cavs still end up winning the series, this won't be a big deal anymore, but if they don't; I think for the 1st time in his career, his image will take a huge hit, especially if he goes out like a sucka.

Back
Top Bottom