GAME 5 EC SEMIS - CLE V BOS

boston will finish them tomorrow
smile.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

It is hilarious how lebron and cavs fans always hype the cavaliers up when the playoffs start.

Then when the Cavs are in trouble the whole "lebron's team is trash" and he needs a "scottie pippen" statements come...

like clockwork

HAHA hilarious QFMFT

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

I have a serious question: who is the best teammate Lebron has ever had? 33 year old Jamison? 38 year old Shaq? Varejao? Mo?

Those all look like 3rd options at best. He still hasn't had a real second banana yet.

they still have a great team.  they need a better coach

Lebron didn't even try to drive to the hole. He tried being a jump shooter, when he's not. He only hit's those when he's hot, obviously yesterday he wasn't.

If you're the "King" and paid that much money to perform, dance when you win, talk about yourself in third person, then expect to take the heat when you fail.

All I know is all you Cav fans who came into Laker threads talking trash, better hope you win tomorrow or all hell is going to break loose LOL

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

I have a serious question: who is the best teammate Lebron has ever had? 33 year old Jamison? 38 year old Shaq? Varejao? Mo?

Those all look like 3rd options at best. He still hasn't had a real second banana yet.

I dont want to hear that.

If you look at Jamison numbers and Gasols numbers they are pretty damn similar.

Career avgs

Jamison-19.8 PPG , 8.1 RPG
Gasol-  18.8 PPG,  9.0 RPG

Gasol has really only started rebounding the past 2 years and of course Pau is taller too.

You cant really blame Jamison when you never run plays for him. Its hard for a guy to get started when every time he gets the ball is because Lebron decides he wants to pass to him instead driving the hoop.

The Cavs have done everything in their power to build a team around Lebrons strengths. The Lakers just got hella lucky when they got Gasol.
I agree with this. 

It's funny how now it's like all of a sudden Cavs fans are gonna act like Jamison is a bum.  He's a career 20 points and 8 rebound guy.  If LeBron needs more help than that, he should take a big pay cut so they can sign better players because he isn't earning his pay. 

I have a feeling that Lebron will come out beasting tomorrow. And then people forget that Mr David Stern is still in charge
smh.gif

Jamison is not close to Gasol. That's laughable. Their height and length is enough of an advantage to Gasol before even talking about skill, where Pau has him as well.

They're tried to build a team around LeBron's strengths? What?

How do you add a plodding, over the hill Shaq to the best open court player in the game and call that building around his strengths?

This team has been flawed for YEARS with how they play offense and the overall athletic make up of the roster. It should be a running team.

Hell, Hickson was a good fit and now they buried him on the bench.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Lost in all of this Bron talk is that a lot of people are forgetting that Boston WILL be ready for tomorrow night. Everyone is busy focusing on Lebron's revenge or whatever, but this isn't a pushover Celtics team....the last thing they want is to be upstaged and embarrassed on their home floor. They have a sick group of vets who know how to win and get it done.
Game 3.
i think it's different when you get blown out early in a series versus late. early, it's usually cuz you're either unprepared or wasn't expecting something. late, it usually means you're overmatched. celtics lose game 3 cuz they were unprepared and to be honest, were overly cocky after playing well in games 1 and 2. but they didn;t look cocky in game 5 though. they looked focussed. you saw how serious those starters were on the bench during garbage time. no joking around, smiling, goofing off. they know what needs to be done.

Ayo! all Cleveland Cavaliers NT slurpers please listen....

This is BOSTON CELTICS TIME! don't even watch the game Thursday because, you will be highly dissappointed...

zrclip_005p9ffdbe1.png

Originally Posted by tupac003

Is it me or are the going just a bit OD with all this lebron stuff?

I can remember game 7 when Kobe played horrible they went in on him but not this bad.

Now everybody is blaming everybody.

What happens when Lebron goes off for 50 next game and the cavs win?

Are people not allowed to have bad games now?
a big part is because of a lot of fans already think Lebron is on his way to be the greatest of all time and the ruler of the universe

so they are SHOCKED that the player they are enamored with and riding hard was capable of not even trying during a crucial game

kobe has never been master of the universe status so that is a big difference

Career avgs

Gasol has really only started rebounding the past 2 years and of course Pau is taller too.

You cant really blame Jamison when you never run plays for him. Its hard for a guy to get started when every time he gets the ball is because Lebron decides he wants to pass to him instead driving the hoop.

The Cavs have done everything in their power to build a team around Lebrons strengths. The Lakers just got hella lucky when they got Gasol.
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
at Gasol being a bit taller as if it really doesn't matter. Not only that, but Gasol actually plays defense.
laugh.gif
at posting their career numbers instead of this years averages.
laugh.gif
at acting like Jamison and Gasol are at ALL similar.

Why the hell would you run plays for Jamison? His effectiveness comes with running as he gets everything in the flow of the offense. He's best at hitting the offensive glass when rolling to rim.

roll.gif
at you honestly trying to compare Jamison and Gasol. I mean really dude?

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

Career avgs

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
at Gasol being a bit taller as if it really doesn't matter. Not only that, but Gasol actually plays defense.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Why the hell would you run plays for Jamison? His effectiveness comes with running as he gets everything in the flow of the offense. He's best at hitting the offensive glass when rolling to rim.

roll.gif

Yea serious.

These are the types of dudes i ignore on Niketalk. 
indifferent.gif
At him seriously believing Gasol and Jamison are equal.
roll.gif

Whatever it takes to make it look like Lebron had a 'second option' right?  I'm sure everyone in the League was shaking in their boots when the Cavs made that BLOCKBUSTER acquisition.
eyes.gif

eek.gif
at him really thinking Jamison would've been BEASTING if only Cleveland had run plays for him
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Career avgs

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif
 I'm sick of Cavs fans acting like Jamison is a scrub...Dude has been averaging close to 20 PPG over a 10 year career. And he's done in it in different systems too. With different stars around him too.

Jamison has been an All-Star twice...Gasol was only one once before he came to the Lakers.

Stoop this revisionist history like Pau Gasol was aa franchise player. Because he wasnt. The Lakers just worked him into their system.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Wait so now Charlotte isn't a good playoff team?
Charlotte was a good defensive team, but an absolute joke on offense. Gameplanning for their offense could have been done at 6:58  for a 7:05 tip. Sorry, but I just have trouble respecting them when we blew them out by 30 3 times in a regular season where we didn't care for 80% of the games. I think Atlanta's the only 1-4 seed that wouldn't have swept them.

I could say the exact same thing about Atlanta. Celtics got swept 4-0 by Atlanta, yet we crushed them with a 101 point margin in 4 games.

Anyways, lets see how this cavs/celtics series finishes first, than we can begin the trash talk
wink.gif

Career avgs

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Ummm...I have a very VIVID memory of 95% of this board talking about how SOFT gasol was vs the C's 2 years ago...Now he plays D? LOL I don't know what to believe any more.

I really really think you guys are going way to hard on bron. This man could be playing with a torn ligament in his elbow..

LeBron Could Have Torn Ligament In Elbow

A medical professional close to LeBron James is suggesting James is suffering from a torn ligament in his right elbow, according to a report from Fear The Sword.
"Lebron has a torn ligament in his elbow that should keep him out 6 to 8 weeks," said the source. "He's trying to play through it and not complain, so the media doesn't know it's that serious. Before game 4 he had a shot in the elbow to numb it. You can only get the shot once every 10 days, so last night he couldn't do it."

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...ld_have_torn_ligament_in_elbow/#ixzz0nmA11NXP

Now yall are killing his team which had the best record in the NBA. All of you guys were talking title, the kid has one bad game and its all over. I honestly believe he is going to have a monster game in boston, the cavs will find a way to win this whole thing and all of this will be a distant memory.

Relax folks....

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

If Lebron & the Cavs lose game 6 tomorrow what reason is left for him to stay in Cleveland? Besides the usual "Well he's from & lives in Ohio"

I mean dude has:

- Brought the Cavs franchise out of mediocrity.
- Made it to the Finals. Only to get swept.
- Made it to the ECF twice. Only to lose.
- Then lose this year in the 2nd round with a team that management put around good talent around him.
- A aging roster with 2 past their prime centers in Z & Shaq.
- A horrible and overrated coach in Mike Brown.

He has more than enough reasons to leave and sign with the Knicks this summer.
what do the knicks have to offer? another max player and 13 crappy players,  a coach who dont know what defense means, a franchise that doesnt have much more of a good history than the cavs...
But its the knicks right? every free agent wants to go there cuz it has big lights and millions in endorsements right?
sick.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Gasol = Jamison

OK

laugh.gif

i dont think anyone is saying that...

but i believe folks are acting like jamison is a scrub, which he is far from

he avg 20 and 9 while he played with washington earlier this season

for me it just showed that lebron's skillset was EXPOSED ....

- yeh he was passive, was carefree, didn't take the game seriously, stood around, etc ...

BUT

all he did was shoot bricks, his bread and butter is steamrolling people while getting away w/ extra steps and getting layups, dunks, and FTs
- when the lanes were clogged ... he HAD NOTHING ... no post game to rely on, he wasn't on the block ... he wasn't trying to get to different spots to get better attempts ... same ol take the ball the ball at the key or 3pt line and try to drive ...

dude needs to expand his game so he can switch it up on off nights like this

i think they can comeback and win ... was very surprised to see him play like that but the game is over ... i'll reserve further judgment for lebrick once the series is over

Career avgs

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif
 I'm sick of Cavs fans acting like Jamison is a scrub...Dude has been averaging close to 20 PPG over a 10 year career. And he's done in it in different systems too. With different stars around him too.

Jamison has been an All-Star twice...Gasol was only one once before he came to the Lakers.

Stoop this revisionist history like Pau Gasol was aa franchise player. Because he wasnt. The Lakers just worked him into their system.

I gotta agree with you on this for real.

Pau  is a better player, not by leaps and bounds though.

Dudes act like Kobe runnin with Kareem out there, Pau's good but thats it Good.....NOT GREAT.

Did somebody say Pau plays defense?......Dont let a few blocks fool you, he gets lost out there plenty of times and his pick n roll/ help D is usually laughable.

Again Pau is the better player, but dont beat down Jamison in Lebrons defense.....

If the Cavs lose, NO EXCUSES.....Nobody wanted to hear excuses when Boston beat us by 40, so dont use em for Lebron.

franchise3 wrote:
Gasol = Jamison

OK

laugh.gif

Again where did I say they are the same player?

I'm pointing out to y'all that Jamison isn't some scrub dude like y'all pretend like he is.

The whole reason the Cavs got him Jamison is because he doesnt need the ball in his hands all the time. Translation= wont interfere with Lebron needing the ball in his hands all the time.

The Cavs could've got a better scorer but they didn't because they know alot scorers NEED  the ball their hands to score and they didn't want to interfere with Lebrons flow.

Anyways the reason why they are losing this series isnt because of Jamison, its because of Lebron James. He's the one who's REALLY underperforming right now

Avgs in the 3 losses

Jamison 13 PPG 6 RPG,   16-33  48 FG%, 3-10 3P%  5 turnovers
James    20 PPG 7RPG  ,  17-47 36 FG% ,0-13 3P%  15 turnovers

Why are you guys even arguing the players who are on the Cavs? Last I checked they were the best team in the NBA...Now everyones changing their minds? Smh

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Why are you guys even arguing the players who are on the Cavs? Last I checked they were the best team in the NBA...Now everyones changing their minds? Smh

Good point.

They have far and away had the best regualr season record for the past 2 years but now they dont have the players now?
laugh.gif

LOL @ all you lebron stans.

forreal? all of a sudden antawn is a scrub? please. damn near everyone on this board (both haters and fans) thought picking him up for virtually nothing was a HUGE upgrade. you had cavs fans all hyped because they knew they were getting Big Z back as well. so pipe down with that nonsense.

youre all the same people who applauded mike brown when he got coach of the year. the same people who were unhappy when mo wasn't a first pick for the allstar team. same people who thought shaq would finally be your low post threat. (who yall got for #$$#*%% nothing AGAIN)

so ##%$ outta here with lebron has no supporting cast around him BS

and LOL at all of a sudden big upping pau as if hes the best thing since slice bread. (he's legit IMO). but yall are the same people who were calling him soft not too long ago. all of a sudden hes #$$#*%% hakeem out there playing defense? yall dudes arguments are ******ed.

Back
Top Bottom