Game of Thrones prequel series: House of the Dragon

They the only ones I bother to listen to and them two haven’t spoiled anything yet.

Having listened to them for multiple stuff, they really do a good job of avoiding spoilers. I’ve listened to all of the episodes so far and I don’t even remember an inking of a spoiler, if I’m gonna be honest.
Just went back to listen to the instant reaction from episode 1 and once they start discussing the episode they say “there’s one important event they haven’t gotten to yet”…like I said it wasn’t a spoiler spoiler but I wasn’t trying to listen to that from an instant reaction. I might go back and listen now that we’re 6 episodes in.

I liked their podcast during the og game of thrones but I think by the time they started that te show had already surpassed the books so they didn’t know what was coming for the most part.

I know she wanted to go out on her own terms

but I didnt think they outright said the child couldn’t make it

thought it was jsut like the situation you mentioned where it was one or the other.. only option was c section, which meant her life

but thought the child still had a chance
from what we gathered from the show, it was implied that C-section was a new method but very risky. as far as the science goes as far as primitive c-section is concerned, it is highly unlikely that either the mother or the newborn would survive. problem is, c-section is not a fast, quick nor safe procedure. before c-section procedure is considered, childbirth labor is already underway which can range for hours and days. that is only half the issue, the other concern is once the water breaks, the newborn should come out as quickly as possible. long hours of labor will deprive the child of oxygen and the lessens the chances of survival. having encountered NICU situations in the hospital, even at this modern age, lots of babies still die everyday of such cases.

It definitely feels like a second pilot, a ton more characters and introductions and all of that really enjoying it and seeing how things are shaping up, especially now that we have all their kids and what will come with that

Damn how y’all forget Jon is half Stark? :lol:

Reaching 200 years prior to some bastard children :lol:
I have terrible memory I do remember the flash back about his dad and who he knocked up. But the wild incenstry may have had Harwin in the bloodline ? 😂

But thanks for the clarity.

Good thing I don’t remember the major bloodline spoiler of the targaryens. I’ll let the show unfold and refresh that for me 😂

Just watched ep6 again and noticed that vicerys only has one arm.

Guess over that 10 year span, they had to amputate. It looked pretty bad in the prior episode.

Def didn’t catch that the first time. The pod i listen to didnt mention it either.

Always a good idea to watch GOT/HOTD eps twice over, I guarantee youll catch several details you missed on the first go round.

Just went back to listen to the instant reaction from episode 1 and once they start discussing the episode they say “there’s one important event they haven’t gotten to yet”…like I said it wasn’t a spoiler spoiler but I wasn’t trying to listen to that from an instant reaction. I might go back and listen now that we’re 6 episodes in.

I liked their podcast during the og game of thrones but I think by the time they started that te show had already surpassed the books so they didn’t know what was coming for the most part.

I can respect that. We're 6 episodes in and I don't even know if what they were inferring there even happened already or what scene it could've been about:lol:

What's House Stark doing during this time? Just minding their business in The North?

The answer is a spoiler. They did show the head of House Stark in episode 1 I believe.
Yeah, I remember the Stark from EP. 1. Just curious if their family is doing anything significant during this time period. I guess I will wait to see how it unfolds for the remainder of the season.

DE927A97-CBE3-4DF0-B47F-86BC686AD22E.jpeg

Guess over that 10 year span, they had to amputate. It looked pretty bad in the prior episode.

Def didn’t catch that the first time. The pod i listen to didnt mention it either.

Always a good idea to watch GOT/HOTD eps twice over, I guarantee youll catch several details you missed on the first go round.
Guess the leeches didn’t bring enough relief

I noticed it during my first watch, but what struck me was how awkward it looked with him (the actor) presumably hiding his arm under his outfit. 😅 His proportions just looked off to me.

All this CGI technology, but they still can't make it look natural? 😅

Untitled-1.jpg

I remember the original GoT thread, we started having nick names for all the characters :lol:
There was one dude in there in particular who couldn't keep track of the real character names, so just made up his own names for everyone. :lol:

People forget that the blood of the dragon runs in Gendry's blood too. Cole ain't no slouch though, as he is one of the many great warriors from Dorne. I expect him to deliver in the seasons to come.

Yeah, I remember the Stark from EP. 1. Just curious if their family is doing anything significant during this time period. I guess I will wait to see how it unfolds for the remainder of the season.

Let's see which side they take Green or Black.

People forget that the blood of the dragon runs in Gendry's blood too. Cole ain't no slouch though, as he is one of the many great warriors from Dorne. I expect him to deliver in the seasons to come.

How many seasons do you guys expect this to go? I'm not familiar with the story in the books so I don't know how long the civil war actually lasted, but the way they doing these time jumps can this go past 2 seasons?

No more time skips, so I'm expecting 4-6 seasons. They'll stretch this ish beause it's doing BIG numbers with ratings increasing weekly. It was 29 million 3 episodes ago and has grown each week.

I expect everyone's death and the ending to be Aegon III's coronation and marriage to his cousin and the death of the last dragon.

Back
Top Bottom