Game Thread: Clippers vs Nuggz

Clippertalk game thread here - http://s1.zetaboards.com/...rtalk/topic/807165/1/#new

Diddy ripped into his team the other night after the game, the team watched an hour of tape from that game... hopefully they'll bounce back 2nite

baronwallpaper1024x768em3.jpg

L.A. CLIPPERS (0-1) vs DENVER NUGGETS (0-1)
Game #2
Friday, October 31, 2008 @ 7:30 pm (PST)
STAPLES Center - Los Angeles, CA
FSN Prime Ticket / 710 ESPN

PROBABLE STARTERS - All starters are probable and subject to change

LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS

Davis
Mobley
Thornton
Thomas
Kaman
PG SG SF PF C
DENVER NUGGETS

Carter
Iverson
Kleiza
Martin
Nene

BRIAN SIEMAN'S PREGAME REPORT

Sieman
After suffering the worst opening night loss in team history, the Clips will look to get into the win column tonight against the Nuggets. The Clippers mightstill be lacking a little polish on both sides of the floor given the lack of prep time during the preseason with injuries to key figures, but I look for prideto carry them to victory tonight against Denver.

While the Clips are missing familiarity, the Nuggets will miss their franchise player Carmelo Anthony who is serving a 2 game suspension from an off the courtincident last April. The Nuggets lost their season opener to Utah on Wednesday, but hung around in the 4th after trailing by double digits. Kenyon Martinperhaps has regained his form after recovering from micro-fracture surgery in 2006, helping to fill the void left by Anthony scoring 18 points. Allan Iversonalso added 18 and had 8 assists as well.

The Clippers have been mentioned as a team that will look to run and score a lot more, and tonight it might be their best bet to rack up the points. Last yearthe Nuggets were involved in 7 of the top 10 scoring games, and were ranked 2nd in overall scoring. And while most of the Nuggets' focus was on theoffensive end, the Clips will have to protect the basketball. Denver was the best in the league in steals which helped fuel their fast break. It'simperative that the Clips execute offensively, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Clippers actually tried to slow things down just a bit. They will need torun when they can, but they cannot take bad shots that leave the team out of position for rebounds and transition defense.

Most people will laugh when you say a match up in October is an important one, but this is big. Not only do the Clippers need to respond to the drubbing handedto them on Wednesday, but they will no doubt be dueling with Denver for one of the final spots out West. It's not often you get to take on that kind ofopponent without their best player. The Clippers must seize the opportunity.

CLIPPERS - NUGGETS NOTES

* CONNECTIONS: Clippers forward Marcus Camby played for Denver six seasons from 2002

* 2008...Camby led the Nuggets in rebounding last season...Clippers assistant coach Kim Hughes served five seasons as an assistant coach for theNuggets...Hughes also played professionaly for Denver in 1978...The Nuggets recently had three players on their training camp roster: Smush Parker, RubenPatterson and Nick Fazekas who all spent time on the Clippers roster last season.

* The Clippers are 2-7 in their last nine regular season games against the Nuggets after winning the first game in the season series last season on Nov. 21,2007.

* Chris Kaman averaged 16.5 ppg and 15.0 rebs in two games against the Nuggets last season...Chris Kaman shot 78 percent from the field last season vs.Denver...Al Thornton averaged 15.8 ppg and 6.8 rebs while shooting 46 percent from the field in four games against Denver in 2007-08.

* Cuttino Mobley averaged 13.0 ppg, 2.8 ast and shot 41 percent from the field in four games against the Nuggets last season.

* Carmelo Anthony and Allen Iverson both led the Nuggets with 28.5 ppg averages in the four contests vs. the Clippers last season.

How do you spell an all-time superstar hall of fame-destined player's name wrong? It's Allen Iverson, not Allan Iverson.

That said, this should an interesting game. Is Baron confirmed to play? Is Camby definitely sitting out? We have no Carmelo tonight, but I think the Nuggetswill get this win. We should be a little pissed still about the Utah game so I think they'll come with some fire tonight. Although, we got the Lakers inDenver tomorrow night, so some guys might take it a little easier, we'll see. Look for a lot of effort from the bench guys like Balkman, Andersen, JrSmith, and Kleiza (who had a terrible game Wednesday and should be looking to redeam himself tonight). Iverson didn't have a great scoring game Wednesdayand has complained about his shot not being where it should be. He was quick with the passes though which was good to see. Kmart had a great game and shouldlook great tonight. Nene will probably get a bunch of fouls but I want ot see him throw down on Kaman at least once. Anthony Carter will suck. Good luckClippers, go Nuggets!

Originally Posted by denverairforce

How do you spell an all-time superstar hall of fame-destined player's name wrong? It's Allen Iverson, not Allan Iverson.

That said, this should an interesting game. Is Baron confirmed to play? Is Camby definitely sitting out? We have no Carmelo tonight, but I think the Nuggets will get this win. We should be a little pissed still about the Utah game so I think they'll come with some fire tonight. Although, we got the Lakers in Denver tomorrow night, so some guys might take it a little easier, we'll see. Look for a lot of effort from the bench guys like Balkman, Andersen, Jr Smith, and Kleiza (who had a terrible game Wednesday and should be looking to redeam himself tonight). Iverson didn't have a great scoring game Wednesday and has complained about his shot not being where it should be. He was quick with the passes though which was good to see. Kmart had a great game and should look great tonight. Nene will probably get a bunch of fouls but I want ot see him throw down on Kaman at least once. Anthony Carter will suck. Good luck Clippers, go Nuggets!
how do you spell such an illustrious word like "redeem" wrong?

i hate the nuggets as well hope AI gets out of that hell hole someday and rides some coattails on his way to a ring ala KG, Ray, Sam, and Gary Payton

TT has been playing well in the first 5 Q's of this season...

Let's Go Clips!

AL
eek.gif

im gonna need a .gif of that tomorrow morning and i'll have my new avy
B.Diddy with the buzzer beater
pimp.gif

Another frustrating loss .. Hopefully BD's injury isn't too serious ..

Dunleavy has to be worst when it comes to drawing up plays at the end of regulation or the half .. We couldn't even get a shot up to potentially win thegame .. (Even though K.Mart did play some good defense on that possession)

I like what I'm seeing from Thornton though ..

Overall, this team just needs time to gel .. Oh well .. Hopefully we can get a win in Utah tomorrow ..

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
you take a time out to draw up a game winning play for tim thomas and notonly is the play for tim thomas its for tim thomas in the post? you deserve to lose

oh well ill be in the Pepsi Center tomorrow to watch LA's real team take care of the nuggets by atleast 25

section 102 Row AA seat 5
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^ I'll be pulling for yall that's for sure.
tired.gif

tough loss tonite but when Baron left early in the 1st half and Camby still MIA I knew it wouldbe a long night.
smh.gif

Utah on Saturday
grin.gif

Props to Thornton(30/11) and Thomas(20/7) nonetheless
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by MeloVP

Originally Posted by denverairforce

That said, this should an interesting game. Is Baron confirmed to play? Is Camby definitely sitting out? We have no Carmelo tonight, but I think the Nuggets will get this win. We should be a little pissed still about the Utah game so I think they'll come with some fire tonight. Although, we got the Lakers in Denver tomorrow night, so some guys might take it a little easier, we'll see. Look for a lot of effort from the bench guys like Balkman, Andersen, Jr Smith, and Kleiza (who had a terrible game Wednesday and should be looking to redeam himself tonight). Iverson didn't have a great scoring game Wednesday and has complained about his shot not being where it should be. He was quick with the passes though which was good to see. Kmart had a great game and should look great tonight. Nene will probably get a bunch of fouls but I want ot see him throw down on Kaman at least once. Anthony Carter will suck. Good luck Clippers, go Nuggets!
how do you spell such an illustrious word like "redeem" wrong?

Wow you really called me out there, aren't you cool.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom