Gang Wars : Oakland, CA on Discovery Channel(VIDEO UP)

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

They should just bomb that entire area and start over again.
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
reds in the bay don't even go hard like that. I see a bunch ofphony "nortenos" in richmond on 23rd st. But why does this documentary make oakland look like its LA? the bay doesn't even really care aboutcolors. Everyone is just about their blocks.

Originally Posted by warriors510

Oakland ain't even all that bad. Things really pop off in the deep east and in the west only. If your're smart, you can avoid getting robbed.
Yeah, I use to walk in the 90th all day from work to catch the 72 (I worked at the zoo) and I never had any problems. And I use to wear a SFfitted everyday lol. I just kept my eyes open and never looked shook up or tense.

I'm gonna post what I posted from the other thread since this is in General.

FromThaTown wrote: I just wanted you guys to know that the show was giving false statistics. There are not 10,000 gang members in Oakland. I'm writing thisdown word for word from what I read from the Tribune. If there were 10,000 members, that would mean 2 or 3 percent of Oakland's population would be gangmembers. At the most, it would be only a 1000. Federal agencies said, " it would be around 10,000 around the whole Alameda County, but no way with Oaklandby itself." Oakland is not as bad as it looks like someone said.

The media really wants to portray Oakland as some wasteland infested with gangs, but don't believe all you hear from the news. Don't get me wrong,there are places in the East and West that get down. But overall, I still feel like I can walk anywhere. It's all how you portray yourself. I kick it overat 98th Ave. and Elmhurst on the weekend occasionally and never had any problems.

You should come to Broadway by West Grand, Jack London Square, or the Temescal District. There are bars, clubs, and restaurants all around with valet parkingand a nice cool crowd. Or go for a walk or a jog at the Lake. The wealthy live in Skyline, Montclair, or Piedmont. You never hear about those places, butbelieve me, Oakland is filled with diversity, and character.

Oakland is g very good city, don't forget about the College street area near claremont.

For the record, like BgL said, the color thing isn't really that serious as they make it seem.

Edit: Those BB kids are stupid.
smh.gif

the people that are saying oakland isnt that bad have never experienced losing someone to these streets.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by TOUCH MONEY

the people that are saying oakland isnt that bad have never experienced losing someone to these streets.
smh.gif
smh.gif

My cousin got killed in the Murder Dub (25th and International). But he was out in 2am and it was an issue with a girl's ex (he was a Norteno). So youkinda have to get in the position to get yourself shot (or killed). They don't kill innocent people too much unless they're caught in the cross-fire.

those youngsters need some kind of activity center. running around getting themselves in trouble. "I aint gonna lie we shot back" how dumb can onebe????

basically anybody who claims where they from is considered a gang member to the police

Back
Top Bottom