GAP Lived-in slim khaki

need to try them on to reach a verdict. I'm a short dude so sometimes 30 by 30 is good, but sometimes it's too big at the bottom

So I did a little shopping this weekend. I checked out both this Gap Lived In pair and the Banana Republic Emerson chino.

I didn't even try on the Gap pair. They looked super skinny on the rack.

I got a pair of the Emersons and I'm happy with them. Casual enough to wear with sneakers but can be dressed up too.

I got a pair in charcoal. I wear 33x30 in Levi's and got a 33x32 in these. The 30s were a little short.

Super SMH at the size consistency though. I tried on maybe 3 of each size to find one that fit correctly. No 2 pairs of the same size fit the same. That's pretty discouraging for online buyers like myself.

went to go get a pair today. tried on a 34, and they were too tight, then a 36 and too baggy. Of course they didnt have a 35 so I gotta go on line.. And for guys wondering, they pretty much are 511 twill pants, except they arent as rigid when you first get them , hence the lived in name.

adck6v.jpg

bgxp4m.jpg

I'm tall and skinny and these pants fit fine to me. Like how comfortable they are. I got the grey pair.

I love these, I have 2 pairs and they are by far my favorite khaki. In my opinion they are the best khaki fit.

The leg under the knee is perfectly tapered too. (makes great stacks)

went to go get a pair today. tried on a 34, and they were too tight, then a 36 and too baggy. Of course they didnt have a 35 so I gotta go on line.. And for guys wondering, they pretty much are 511 twill pants, except they arent as rigid when you first get them , hence the lived in name.
adck6v.jpg

bgxp4m.jpg

Go with 34

I'm 6'3" 185 and I have 2 pairs of 511 khakis in 34X34. The fit around my upper legs is way too tight.. Should I size up in the waist on these or are they more roomy than the 511s? Thanks

$60 + 30% off is still 42 before tax...45 after..Still expensive.

#poor I'll have to pass :frown:

they still look a bit too wide for my liking..
i prefer them to be a bit slimmer
You're basing your opinion off of the stock photo? IMO these are the perfect fit, you really should hit up a GAP and try a pair on. I am sure your opinion will change.

DAMN YOU NT :lol:

Bought the Olive pair anyway...Was so close to buying the grey pair too :x :smh:.

You're basing your opinion off of the stock photo? IMO these are the perfect fit, you really should hit up a GAP and try a pair on. I am sure your opinion will change.

i have my dude.. i just prefer the way jcrew 484's fit for khakis/chinos.. :\

Last edited:

I've had both, for some reason the 484 fit in chinos is not the same as the jeans, the Gap chinos are actually a better fit than the 484 chinos from jcrew...but I recommend you guys get them tailored both, you won't regret it.

I've had both, for some reason the 484 fit in chinos is not the same as the jeans, the Gap chinos are actually a better fit than the 484 chinos from jcrew...but I recommend you guys get them tailored both, you won't regret it.
You had to tailor yours ksteezy? My GAP khakis fit perfect.

I just picked up a pair of Broken In chino's in urban slim fit from J. Crew. For my bigger thighed people you should check these out. The picture makes them look atrocious but they fit well.

Back
Top Bottom