gas mileage chips for your car?

Hmm, well I heard that not driving your car saves gas.
anyone tried this method before? feedback plz?

cruise control

went up 1 mpg yesterday when i had it on the entire trip from humble to clearlake for a photoshoot..

i was going 80ish the whole trip.

my car tells me how much I'm doing always, it's in the menu. SAAB ftw
pimp.gif
.. 24mpg ftl
smh.gif

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

So has anyone tried the pure acetone thing from the video posted above?

My old Honda mechanic told me about the acetone thing back in early 2000, he's been doing it since. I don't think he really cared because his carwas so old that if it broke down, he can fix it himself or buy a new one if its not feasible to fix it. I've never really try it because I'm scared itwill mess up the ******ation time, cause knocking, among other things.

Originally Posted by CRANK DAT NIKETALK

cruise control

went up 1 mpg yesterday when i had it on the entire trip from humble to clearlake for a photoshoot..

pimp.gif
.. 24mpg ftl
smh.gif

So crusie control saves gas? My friends kept telling that it wasted more gas
smh.gif

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

Originally Posted by CRANK DAT NIKETALK

cruise control

pimp.gif
.. 24mpg ftl
smh.gif

So crusie control saves gas? My friends kept telling that it wasted more gas
smh.gif

From what I've read, stop and go traffic consumes more gas than highway, because of shifts in how much the engine is working and temporary accelerationthus making the engine work harder. Cruise control if used correctly, mantains a constant balanced flow of gas and air to the engine and makes it work less,versus constant acceleration from your foot.

Learn how to use it right on your car though, read the manual ....

Acetone was proven false on Mythbusters. The surest way to save gas? DRIVE SLOWER. Especially on the highway. You lose about 4 MPG from 70mph to 80mph

Originally Posted by ondadownlow

Acetone was proven false on Mythbusters. The surest way to save gas? DRIVE SLOWER. Especially on the highway. You lose about 4 MPG from 70mph to 80mph

THIS IS TRUE BUT DRVING 4MILES AT 80MPH CAN EQUAL DRIVING 70MPH BECAUSE

AT 8MPH UR USING MORE GAS BUT UR MOVING FASTER

AT 70 MPH UR USING LESS GAS BUT UR ON THE ROAD LONGER WHICH = 80MPH

Originally Posted by wj4

Ever since I started driving in 03 I've been really anal on how MPG I get. Every time I fill up the gas tank, I would reset my trip odometer, and the next time I fill up, I would divide the miles I've put on by how much gas I put in the car. At the very worst in the hot summer months when the A/C is on all the time, I've seen a decrease of ~3MPG, which is nothing to write home about IMO.

^^^been doing this since '99, fam. my car is about 8 years old now and i'm still getting about 26-28 mpg.

Originally Posted by abernja

Keep your car under 3000 rpms.

RPM's don't matter too much, the bigger issue is the amount of throttle input. If you floor it all the time up until 3000, that can make a prettylarge difference compared to conservatively going up to 3000 rpm

Originally Posted by DA MATRIX 1

Originally Posted by ondadownlow

THIS IS TRUE BUT DRVING 4MILES AT 80MPH CAN EQUAL DRIVING 70MPH BECAUSE

AT 8MPH UR USING MORE GAS BUT UR MOVING FASTER

AT 70 MPH UR USING LESS GAS BUT UR ON THE ROAD LONGER WHICH = 80MPH

Except that you're comparing the distance traveled to time, when miles per gallon is distance traveled per given amount of fuel.

best speed to drive at (gas efficient speed) is 65 mph in most cars, over that you start losing efficiency exponentially

Back
Top Bottom