Gas Prices

Sunoco near me, still $3.09 for 87 cash (.10¢ more for credit). Southeast PA. Hasn't gone up. Actually coming down another stations.

Picked up a wrangler 4xe this week (lease) and I love it. havent used any gas at all since leaving the lot. The vast majority of my driving goes towards my work commute which is about 16 miles total and get from my house to my daughters daycare to work and in reverse at the end of the day and I’ve still got about 20% charge left after it’s all said and done. If it wasn’t for all the credits/incentives idk if I would have done it but it’s a lot of fun to drive too.
IMG_9657.jpeg
IMG_9676.jpeg

IMG_9677.jpeg

Do you guys go to any place that is the cheapest or do you stick to main brands like a Shell or Mobil type? Myself I like sticking with Mobil only. And now I have to put in 89 all the time.
you can find cheap spots around the way. One street you'll have 5.60 then on the other side of freeway ittl be 4.50. My preference is ones that sell papers and blunts

Do you guys go to any place that is the cheapest or do you stick to main brands like a Shell or Mobil type? Myself I like sticking with Mobil only. And now I have to put in 89 all the time.
I'm the same with Shell. It actually kind of bothered me the very few less than a handful of times I wasn't able to pump Shell(93 only) gas in my cars but that's just my OCD talking.

I stick to Chevron. On occasion, I’ll go to 76. What’s strange is, all the Shell gas stations around my area have all but converted to generic gas name locations.
That's interesting. Here in NYC, they're all still Shell. I like Shell because their Fuel Rewards program/app is always hooking it up with daily/weekly/Tmobile Tuesdays discounts.As a Platinum member, I get .10cents off standard & then every Tuesday for "Tmobile Tuesdays" they give an extra .5cents so .15cents total.

And when the NY Islanders play at home they give an additional .25cents off on top of that so like .40cents savings per gallon. And a bunch of random 5 cents here 10 cents here discounts. Paid $3.64 cash price for 93 last time I was at the pump. Not too shabby I'd say.

was in houston last week, chevron was at the most $3.10

came back home and its close $5+ here in SoCal
California is facing significant challenges. It's puzzling to see the extent of its issues. For instance, the recent news about interest-free loans for undocumented immigrants is perplexing, especially amidst rampant inflation and the struggles of the hardworking class.

California is facing significant challenges. It's puzzling to see the extent of its issues. For instance, the recent news about interest-free loans for undocumented immigrants is perplexing, especially amidst rampant inflation and the struggles of the hardworking class.
This isn’t anything new tbh
Just look at what was happening back prior to 08

For instance, the recent news about interest-free loans for undocumented immigrants is perplexing, especially amidst rampant inflation and the struggles of the hardworking class.

To bring more context to it, the actual amount of undocumented immigrants that will be able to qualify for those loans is so negligeable it’s probably not even worth getting upset over. The bill just changes the language of the already existing first time home buyer program to not factor in immigration status. They still have to qualify for a California priced mortgage outside of the down payment assistance, and are required to pay a certain % of the homes value to the state if it gets sold. Any undocumented immigrant that can meet the criteria to qualify for this is probably well on their way to legal citizenship.

To bring more context to it, the actual amount of undocumented immigrants that will be able to qualify for those loans is so negligeable it’s probably not even worth getting upset over. The bill just changes the language of the already existing first time home buyer program to not factor in immigration status. They still have to qualify for a California priced mortgage outside of the down payment assistance, and are required to pay a certain % of the homes value to the state if it gets sold. Any undocumented immigrant that can meet the criteria to qualify for this is probably well on their way to legal citizenship.
As insignificant as it might appear, why can't these laws be expanded to assist those unable to afford a home due to high interest rates pushing them beyond an acceptable debt-to-income ratio? It's a significant disparity, and excluding citizens is unreasonable. For example, a $500k loan with a 7.55% interest rate would cost roughly $3500 for citizens, while the same house would cost an undocumented individual $1400. Whether it's a small amount or not, citizens are burdened with high taxes on top of inflation, and they risk losing opportunities to those they support through their taxes. But I'll refrain from delving into politics.

As insignificant as it might appear, why can't these laws be expanded to assist those unable to afford a home due to high interest rates pushing them beyond an acceptable debt-to-income ratio? It's a significant disparity, and excluding citizens is unreasonable. For example, a $500k loan with a 7.55% interest rate would cost roughly $3500 for citizens, while the same house would cost an undocumented individual $1400. Whether it's a small amount or not, citizens are burdened with high taxes on top of inflation, and they risk losing opportunities to those they support through their taxes. But I'll refrain from delving into politics.

You’re not wrong. The issue is absolutely affordability. A lot of these first time home buyer programs were great 10 years ago when rates were low and home prices were lower. I’m just weary of the “they’re helping illegals but not us” narrative. This particular bill has been widely misrepresented in an effort to provoke anger even though the that actual law has been in place for regular citizens to take advantage of if they qualify.

You’re not wrong. The issue is absolutely affordability. A lot of these first time home buyer programs were great 10 years ago when rates were low and home prices were lower. I’m just weary of the “they’re helping illegals but not us” narrative. This particular bill has been widely misrepresented in an effort to provoke anger even though the that actual law has been in place for regular citizens to take advantage of if they qualify.
Regrettably, nowadays news outlets tend to spin stories in such a way that you're forced to either believe one side or the other, with little room for a middle ground. However, although crime has always been a reality, the significant volume of reported crimes committed by undocumented individuals, coupled with the perceived inequity in sanctuary states, leaves little room for interpretation for many. This isn't about lacking education or siding with a particular party, but rather about the portrayal of events versus their actual occurrences.

I'm actually applying for this loan and the way the loan works is not a 0% mortgage. It's a down payment assistance/closing cost assistance loan that you'll have to pay back: The homeowner pays back the original loan amount plus 20% of any appreciation in the value of the home when they sell/refinance or after 20 years. Again, the interest rate for the mortgage would be exactly the same whether documented or undocumented.

Thank you for clearing that up. The way it was conveyed, and admittedly I didn't research it myself since I'm no longer in California, suggested it was an interest-free loan with zero closing costs, only to be recovered when the buyer sells. There was no mention of a 20-year term. Indeed, knowledge is empowering.

Two weeks of daily driving the wrangler 4xe and this is the battery/gas break down. Out of the 275 miles I’ve driven, 41.6 were driven by gas and 234.7 driven by the battery. My commute is about 20 miles a day that I do almost entirely on the battery. I’ve got a hair under a full tank left.
IMG_9800.jpeg

^even if you have just a small plug (normal electrical outlet) with adapter at home, that's enough to get by. After having electric and gas car, I think hybrid is the GOAT currently similar by using your strategy (electric enough to get by on your normal commutes, use some gas for everything else).

^even if you have just a small plug (normal electrical outlet) with adapter at home, that's enough to get by. After having electric and gas car, I think hybrid is the GOAT currently similar by using your strategy (electric enough to get by on your normal commutes, use some gas for everything else).

exactly! Im only getting a level 2 charger because the upgrade is heavily subsidized here in jersey but a full charge will cover my entire commute, icluding dropping off and picking up my daughter at day care. Im having our maintenance department at work install an outdoor plug for me at work so i can level 1 charge when I get here in the morning so I'm covered on both ends.

The key to making the plug in hybrid work is making sure you can charge everyday and you have a commute within 20 miles. if is over 20 miles as long as you have a place to plug on both ends of the commute you'll be saving considerably on gas.

Two weeks of daily driving the wrangler 4xe and this is the battery/gas break down. Out of the 275 miles I’ve driven, 41.6 were driven by gas and 234.7 driven by the battery. My commute is about 20 miles a day that I do almost entirely on the battery. I’ve got a hair under a full tank left.
IMG_9800.jpeg

Totally agree! Hybrid and plug-in hybrid vehicles are the way to go. Best of both world. When I had my first Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid, I was plugging it in via the outside 120V wall outlet. Yeah it took 7-8 hours but during overnight it was perfect. And since I was 20 miles from work and I got around 18-26 on full EV, depending on things, I never used gas for my drive in. Couldn't always change it at the dealership (stupid reasons) but if my Maverick had had a plug-in option, would have gotten that in a heartbeat ( thought 45 mov on hybrid alone is pretty darn good.

I was close to leaning to PHEV, but I need more than 50 miles on battery. We're going to be closer to that since full EV adoption outside the big cities has been dragging.

If electric is expensive, Solar is pretty heavily subsidized in a lot of places as well. 30% Federal tax rebate/credit + any city/county/state incentives can make it worth it

Back
Top Bottom