Gauging Ears. Vol. is bad if you skip sizes

shoefreak14

Banned
So I want to gauge my ears. Right now I have some small 16G earrings. I want to get up to 6G. Is it bad to skip sizes?

If its done correctly by a professional then you shouldnt have to worry about a blow out. I went from a 12g to a 6g but i had it done by a professional piercerI did have a 2 days of a bit bleeding since it streched.But after that no problem they healed and i was able to shrink it down to a size 8g just to prove itwill close back up to my grandmother. But now i have it back at a 6g.Anyways its not best to skip sizes like i did but it can be done.
Also depends how many sizes you wanna skip.Going from a 12g to 6g was a big difference.
If your in no rush i would say take it slow.I do wished i had waited and done it slow but when your young and dumb you have no patience.

i never had my ears pierced before.
my sister said she would pay for them so now i got 2g plugs in my ear.
hurt like a motha.

first off you don't "gauge" your ears...a gauge is a measurement. that'd be like saying im going to "inch" my ears or"milimeter" my ears

and ye you defiantly shouldn't skip sizes, unless you want to end up like this

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii9/blowoutslideshow/?albumview=slideshow

stretching too fast is also not good either, you should wait around 3 months between stretches (longer as the sizes get bigger)

if you're really impatient though you might want to try to let the hole close up and see if you could just get it re pierced at a larger size

but ye, even if you don't get a blowout, you'll defiantly develop extra scar tissue and ears will just be a lot less healthy all around

i never skipped sizes . people will say they have and nothing happened but i didnt wanna take the risk. i think 3 months is way too long to wait. from what iheard 1 month between sizes.

but i was WAAAY impatient. i didnt skip sizes but i went up every 3 days. i was able to take the pain. i started at 14 and im up to 00 now and im pretty sureim done.

i think gettin it pierced @ 6g would be the easiest thing, but wouldnt that make you lose earlobe? rather than just stretchin the hole?
laugh.gif
sorry im not sure how that works.

Originally Posted by freshhh

i never skipped sizes . people will say they have and nothing happened but i didnt wanna take the risk. i think 3 months is way too long to wait. from what i heard 1 month between sizes.

but i was WAAAY impatient. i didnt skip sizes but i went up every 3 days. i was able to take the pain. i started at 14 and im up to 00 now and im pretty sure im done.

i think gettin it pierced @ 6g would be the easiest thing, but wouldnt that make you lose earlobe? rather than just stretchin the hole?
laugh.gif
sorry im not sure how that works.

you went way too fast. stretching isnt supposed to hurt...or bleed, but whatever

waiting periods are like this [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Fresh piercing to first stretch- Approx 5 to 6 months
16g to 14g - 1 month
14g to 12g - 1 month
12g to 10g - 1.5 months
10g to 8g - 2 months
8g to 6g - 3 months
6g to 4g - 3 month
4g to 2g - 3 months
2g to 0g - 4 months
0g to 00g - 4 months
[/font]
and piercing doesn't remove skin, it cuts a slit

5-6 months? seriously? my brother did it after a month. never had any problems. only time it started to bleed was from 4s to 2s but that was because he rushedit. learned his lesson though

Originally Posted by CWrite78

5-6 months? seriously? my brother did it after a month. never had any problems. only time it started to bleed was from 4s to 2s but that was because he rushed it. learned his lesson though

ye...you have to give it time for the fistula to develop and such

I went from a regular ear piercing to a 10g. The stretching hurt like a mother, and 2 days later my ears started bleeding. Maybe it's just my ears that arevery sensitive..

Originally Posted by rocketvis

you went way too fast. stretching isnt supposed to hurt...or bleed, but whatever

Yeah i know i went too fast. but i was very impatient. i only bled twice though, im pretty lucky.

yo rocketvis's slideshow was just gross. you guys are crazy for doing that to your ears, and i know everyone is gonna say, thats not me i clean my holes,but that is beyond gross.

***the stretching doesn't bother me really, but the potential for a ear to turn necrotic and greenish black with ###@ is just not worth it.

i say just take your time man, you'll get to your size, no rush. im at a 2 gauge no skips what so ever, and im all good. take at least 1-3months in healingwhen your from a 6 gauge and below. from 16 to 8 give it 2-3 weeks to heal, and you;ll be all good man. and use lots of baby oil and piercing cleaner!

Originally Posted by JsR0CKSMYS0CKS

I went from a regular ear piercing to a 10g. The stretching hurt like a mother, and 2 days later my ears started bleeding. Maybe it's just my ears that are very sensitive..

na yours ears aren't very sensitive, it's the fact that "regular" piercing are like a 20/18, so you skipped a buch of sizes

your ear isn't supposed to bleed or hurt at all when your stretch, just sting a little

if it bleeds it means you tore the fistula, and should downsize, but whatever ~,~
Originally Posted by AbortionPortion15

didnt know there were this mean ppl with this type of piercing everyone should post piccs but it looks so damn painful
it doesn't hurt at all if done right

Originally Posted by Hustle1man

yo rocketvis's slideshow was just gross. you guys are crazy for doing that to your ears, and i know everyone is gonna say, thats not me i clean my holes, but that is beyond gross.

For real... that is disgusting,
sick.gif
at those missing pieces of ear lobes..

Originally Posted by hbkweezy

What I wanna know is after you do that, will they ever go back down?

they say that 2g is the point of no return, but anything above that should close up. it all depends on the person though, so stretching should beviewed as a permanent mod. also, skipping sizes and stretching too fastdoesn't help you at all if you want your ears to be able to close up. or if you wantto be able to get to the larger sizes, as all the built up scar tissue makes it harder for your ears to close up, or stretch more
Originally Posted by Hustle1man

yo rocketvis's slideshow was just gross. you guys are crazy for doing that to your ears, and i know everyone is gonna say, thats not me i clean my holes, but that is beyond gross.

it really has nothing to do with cleaning or whatever, those people in the slideshow just stretched too fast. i could post pictures of a bunch of peoplewith stretched ears that look healthy

I went from 16 g to 10 g when I started and was fine, I had had my ear pierced for a long time before hand so they were completely healed, I took a taperedneedle (you can get them from alot of stores that sell plugs), took it real slow on each ear (took me about 40 minutes per ear), and while it hurt a bunch Ididn't have any tearing.

From 10 g I waited 1-2 months between each size and started off with tapered plugs to make sliding them in there easier. All of them went super smoothly untilI got to 2 g which was the only time I tore my ear at all. 2 to 4 for some reason was a PAIN to get in and I have a ever so slight tear on the bottom of myright ear (not noticable, the hole is just slightly misshappen). But I have to say 2 to 0 and 0 to 00 were no picnic either. You don't really have to wait4 months, but I'd reccomend at lesat a month, and mine always bled slightly for some reason.

As far as them going back down, I did this when I was in HS (like a decade ago), and when I was 22 I took them out for 3 years and the holes went down toexactly 8 g (from a 00 mind you). Not the best look, but most people never even noticed except for the rare old person saying "oh my god, what did you doto yourself". But even if they don't go down all you need is 2-3 stiches and it will heal up fine.

Back
Top Bottom