Gave a kidney away vol. I did not get an Ipad2

Original post edited with a picture of the kidney for those asking.

Im not giving it away, but I'd sell it for $20k-$30k No problem.lol

Props to you man. You did a good thing.

Kidneys fight infection, don't know the complications that can arise from not having 1. Care to share op?

The risk during the surgery is very little, almost none. They screen you so thoroughly before you can donate. Most of the risks would be self induced, poor health, poor diet. The risks would be developing diabetes, kidney disease, or something of the like. The only other thing I would need it for is if one of my kids would need it and I don't have any of those now so the decision was easy. I just have to take care of myself and stay hydrated. No real risk of picking up a cold/illness than normal.

Kidney function is measured by a couple different things. Mine were all very healthy and on the high end of the good end. Initially, because the kidney I have left cannot do as good a job as two I will be tired and fatigue easy. Over the next couple months the kidney that I have will grow in size, up to 40-50% I think, and will accommodate for the kidney I gave. In the end, the doctors believe, I will be just as healthy as I was before, 100%. Should take a couple months.

Last edited:
Thats too dope man. Good people like you are hard to come by. Cool pic of the kidney too lol

Thats too dope man. Good people like you are hard to come by. Cool pic of the kidney too lol

Back
Top Bottom