GEARS OF WAR 3, release: Sep 20, 2011, BETA: Apr 18 (Bulletstorm Epic), Apr 25 - May 15 (ever. else)

Originally Posted by Millzhouse719

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

Only concered with the Longshot Sniper. How is it? Similar to GoW1's?
Everyone say's it's bueno compare to Gears 2; never played Gears one.

It's better than Gears 2, but they've added this annoying new feature to it where the aim thing on the screen is big for about a second when you aim with LT. It's about as big as the lancer's, but then it kind of zooms in to the small aim we know from the longshot. This is why I don't really use it.

Originally Posted by Millzhouse719

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

Only concered with the Longshot Sniper. How is it? Similar to GoW1's?
Everyone say's it's bueno compare to Gears 2; never played Gears one.

its the same for the most part. the "blooming" of the reticule when you're hard aiming(LT) and moving is actually visible this time around. if you noticed in GOW 1 when you shot while moving the bullet wouldnt end up where your reticule is but now there is a box and the bullet ends up anywhere in that box.
-CHRISblazinNJ me personally i use gnasher and Hammerburst. Hammerburst in my opinon is the best overall,

hardly and recoil, shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger(semi auto), more range and is stronger than the lancer.

its only really beat out by the retro in terms of close range but thats what the gnasher is for anyway. but it lacks a large clip .
tired.gif

The lancer is more forgiving doe. it seems to shoot forever to me lol

def the best multiplayer in the series after the original. love the new digger launcher and incendiary grenades; the dedicated servers make a WORLD of a difference. prob the most solid matchmaking experience (you never lose your party; I experienced VERY minor lag in public matches, none in ranked) after Halo. TAKE NOTES Black Ops

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

I'm new to Gears. First question, do you walk around with your Primary or Shotty out? Also, what primary weapon do you guys use?

Anyone trying to play some TDM tonight?
EDIT - 500th Post 
pimp.gif

My primary is the gnasher b... But if its a close range battle i stay wit the shotty, long rang the lancer.

I've been using the Retro Lancer a lot for short and long range battle.  I've gotten a lot better than how bad I was when I first copped lol.
My personal best round was 18-4.  I don't like how to use the Bayonet on the Retro Lancer you have to get a running start.

NT add me, run some games - CHRISblazinNJ

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

I'm new to Gears. First question, do you walk around with your Primary or Shotty out? Also, what primary weapon do you guys use?

Anyone trying to play some TDM tonight?
EDIT - 500th Post 
pimp.gif

My primary is the gnasher b... But if its a close range battle i stay wit the shotty, long rang the lancer.

I've been using the Retro Lancer a lot for short and long range battle.  I've gotten a lot better than how bad I was when I first copped lol.
My personal best round was 18-4.  I don't like how to use the Bayonet on the Retro Lancer you have to get a running start.

NT add me, run some games - CHRISblazinNJ
I stick with the Retro lancer at all times, I barely use the gnasher unless it's really close range

Added you btw GT - wreckaz I'll probably be on later tonight

It's a good thing this beta lasts for only four weeks because playing the same four maps over and over again is getting to be somewhat of a drag. The time span this beta lasts is perfect IMO.

i got into a match yesterday, that was a black room and everyone was bunched up killing each other as you spawn...dudes had like 88 kills and the timer wasnt moving and you couldnt exit the match i had to just go to dashboard

The beta was supposed to end last night, but I still got into a match this morning and im looking at the menu about to jump back on now.

As for my opinion on the game.

I played both 1 and 2 religiously and I played the hell outta the beta too. So far it seems like the 3rd one is gonna be the best. Even though im getting tired of only playing 4 maps and 3 game types.

Gnasher and Retro/Hammerburst (you pick they both dominate) is the way to go. Sawed off is for beginners and if you are decent with the gnasher, you can get 2 kills each time guaranteed. The gnasher seems to be more accurate than ever in this game compared to the others. TDM is in my opinion probably the best addition to the game EVER. Such a great game type and an awesome mix of execution/annex

The Sniper is straight up Nasty. That and Boltok is beast as well. Both are headshot machines in this game. Cant wait for the game to come out so we can see what new maps they are gonna have. Plus what GOW 1 and 2 maps they are going to bring back. This is def going to be copped as soon as its released

Originally Posted by xblaze23

my favorite thing to do in the game is rip your arm off, beat you with it for like 30 seconds as the last execution so you and your whole team watch it. Meanwhile, my teammates are hitting your corpse with melee or nades.

eek.gif

i CAN NOT wait to buy this.
used. im serious im to use to playing mw2 and one shot kills 
eyes.gif
sick.gif

but overall its decent,

is it bad that the fact that i have no desire playing the multiplayer but looking forward to the story only? I felt GOW 2 story was kind of short.

The new horde mode looks insane:

This game will be huge:

Biggest campaign + the new campaign arcade mode
Expanded multiplayer with a ton of unlockables
Expanded horde mode
Beast mode

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

is it bad that the fact that i have no desire playing the multiplayer but looking forward to the story only? I felt GOW 2 story was kind of short.

Not at all. The Gears of War campaigns are among the best from this current generation. Co-op mode done right.

Horde mode looks craazy.

Xtapolapacetl wrote:
The new horde mode looks insane:

This game will be huge:

Expanded horde mode
Beast mode

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Expanded horde mode
Beast mode

pimp.gif
horde is great played it on my friends 360 its on a new level of fun.

i wanted to try muilt but my friend is scared of getting banned 
laugh.gif
which cant happen

Back
Top Bottom