Genie offers u 125K cash money OR fixes economy (dow 15K, unemp 3.5%, med sal. 88K nation wide

Fixing the economy doesn't guarantee you anything, it would just provide maybe more oppurtunity and options but you still would have to make the most ofit. The economy will get fixed sooner or later...with that being said I would take the $125,000.00 which is the only sure option of the two.

If I were to pass up on that cash, I would need some assurances. This level of employment and income needs to be a fundamnetal shift and not a bubble. It alsohas to be environmentally sustainable and the lowest quintile has to go up by an appreciable amount. I also want price stability as well.

buy some houses, then hit up the genie for an economy fix
smokin.gif

take the money. the economy is a cycle its gonna go back up. we're already forced to fix the economy by the government bailing all of these companies out

laugh.gif
at people 'taking the money'. don't fix the economy, and that 125k is worth sunflower seeds

I'll take the money. That'll pay my college loans off. Whenever one of yall fix the economy I'll be smooth w/ my $60k+
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ohboy716

Fixing the economy doesn't guarantee you anything, it would just provide maybe more oppurtunity and options but you still would have to make the most of it. The economy will get fixed sooner or later...with that being said I would take the $125,000.00 which is the only sure option of the two.

smh @ the greedy fools taking the money. thats how we got in this situation in the first place. 125k will not last during these hard times.

in the long run... fixing the economy will make u more money and wealth relatively. the economy is bad now. millions of people have lost their jobs, homes, andway of life. it will get worse before it gets better.

the american economy has affected everyone globally. fixing the economy as a whole, everywhere throughout the world, will benefit everyone.

if u wanna take the easy way out in a failed and worsening economy, then ur just lazy. or maybe ur just too afraid to work hard in a potential successful wayof living.

only thing thats positive about this stupid economy is gas prices and nothing else... r u content with that?

Originally Posted by Battousai701

smh @ the greedy fools taking the money. thats how we got in this situation in the first place. 125k will not last during these hard times.

in the long run... fixing the economy will make u more money and wealth relatively. the economy is bad now. millions of people have lost their jobs, homes, and way of life. it will get worse before it gets better.

the american economy has affected everyone globally. fixing the economy as a whole, everywhere throughout the world, will benefit everyone.

if u wanna take the easy way out in a failed and worsening economy, then ur just lazy. or maybe ur just too afraid to work hard in a potential successful way of living.

only thing thats positive about this stupid economy is gas prices and nothing else... r u content with that?
That's assuming a lot, isn't it? It's assuming that:
(A) you wouldn't get a job in the current economy, and have a $125k bonus on top of that,
(B) that you don't already have a job and would be getting a $125k bonus on top of that,
(C) that you wouldn't be one of the people who were unemployed before the economy went bad,
(D) that when you are employed it will be a job that actually pays you well enough to "make more wealth relatively" -- there is a limited supply ofhigh-pay jobs out there, regardless of the economy.

Sure it's selfish. But that's what genies are for, right? The "economy" already got their genie,in the form of a billion dollar bailout of wall street firms and the upcoming bailout of American auto industries. $125k isn't a lot, it's just lowenough for me to hesitate but I'd take the cash. If it was $500k, I'd hesitate for a couple of seconds. $1M+ and I'm accepting before the genieeven finishes giving me the second option.

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

125k is nothing nowadays.

laugh.gif

Graduate Highschool youngin.
Seems like you're one the one who hasn't gotten out of gotten out of HS yet.

If you believe that 125k is a substantial sum of money than you have another thing coming to you in the very near future.
What valuable assets can I purchase with 125k?

One can't even purchase a good house for 125k nowadays.
If one buys a car for 30k than purchasing even a decent home for 90k becomes difficult.

If you do manage to buy a home for 125k it'll most likely be in the boonies where there are few jobs. Yep, that 125k took you far.
Living in an urban area costs at least 30k/year nowadays. So that 125k will support you for a little over 4 years and you definitely won't be'ballin' during that period.

You want to invest 125k. Ok. The absolute best return you can expect is, say, 7-8%, year over year.
So you make around 10k the first year.. around 10,800 the second, 11,600 the third and so on and that's if you don't take out even a cent of theprincipal and interest and you accumulate a high yield year after year.

In what city can you live on for sub 15k/year for years on end?
125k isn't life changing. It's better than 10k, 20k...100k but it's not like, "zoooooooommmmmgg I just got 125k. I'm rich #%#%*"
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom