Gentlemen of NT vol: Moving is a b

Any time I move there are workers chilling at a gas station, pay them $40-$50 a piece and I'm done with it. Cheap, reliable, and quick

Moving sucks.. and I just spent a couple hours at AAA changing address on license and registration and post office changing mailing address

Hate moving. Always hire professionals, just make sure they are insured. My last move cost a grip tho, but it was worth it in the long run. Always humbling when 3 lil 5'5" Mexican cats show up and they just make the job look like light work. :lol:

https://www.thumbtack.com/

I used this site on my last move. Filled out what exactly I needed done. Like 5 mins after I hit submit, i started getting hit with offers and quotes from local movers. Just read the reviews before booking one.

Where yall find movers? I moved last year and dudes are lazy af.. overcharging like crazy because they cant do stairs :rolleyes

I was quoted 450 just to move the contents of one bedroom.. like just the bed mattress dressers tv.. smh was a 5 mile trip too

Ended up moving it myself with a buddy. Got a hell of a workout :lol:
I guess it's all relative.

From my perspective I have a huge couch, Bed, Desk, and a lot of nice china.
The risk reward of me spending 6 hours of my day and 200 on a uhaul makes 500$ moving charge worthwhile. I'll let you know though, this is my first time using movers.

Uhaul sales boxes for TVs an such. Moved so many times an helped others move that its not a big deal to me. But the fragile stuff (if u don't use a professional) should go in the car.

Now that I own a home, I’m never moving without hiring professionals. **** used to be easy back in the day when I didn’t own much. But now? No chance I’m doing all that work. :lol:

I’ve learned that letting some money go > stress associated with packing/moving.

When we moved from our apartment to a bigger one 30 minutes away this summer, did all that myself.... Never again. Lower back was on FIRE. I'll just have to spend that bread to have someone do it next time.

Just pay for professional LEGAL movers b. You will save yourself so much stress.
This. Try moving in the winter during the middle of the week. The company I used (My Truck Buddy) gave me a discount for that.

Uhaul lets you rent moving blankets for like $20. You get 6 or 7 and have a week to return them. I covered my TV and most furniture (dresser, cabinets, etc.) with the blankets then wrapped with plastic. Wrap your couch as well and get plastic mattress bags/covers. ( Wrapping stuff yourself saves money as its less work and time for the movers.) Get warbrobe boxes too for clothes in the closet.

Label your boxes. Make sure to create a clear path between boxes and furniture to the door. And definitely use this as an oppourtunity to throw out/donate stuff you haven't used or needed in a while.

I have herniated disk so I don't too much h heavy lifting even at the gym. But I did the thumbtack app and I got a couple of quotes that are pretty high 450+. If you saw my apartment ya would say this is light work.

But with my back problem and lack of man power ( my boys work or don't know about tools and **** ) I may have to pay at least one mover Just to disassemble some things.

Back
Top Bottom