Getting Heckled By Little Kids?

Anyone else get bullied by people half their age?

Last night, I went to the Movie Theatre to see the Warrior Vs Cavs game.
Stopped reading right there.

Where they do that at?

It's actually pretty dope at least the ones around here in Oakland. :lol:

Leather couches and lazy boy chairs instead of traditional movie theatre seating, food and craft beers, definitely better than the watch parties at Oracle.

You should have stood up, cracked your neck and power limped to dem bebe kids.

Stopped reading right there.

Where they do that at?
I've done it plenty times. There are some movie theatres that have bars and seating areas along with big screens to watch the game when everywhere is crowded. Never fails if I'm looking for a spot to watch it. Along with decent food.

Anyone else get bullied by people half their age?

Last night, I went to the Movie Theatre to see the Warrior Vs Cavs game. As soon as I walked in, I hear someone yell "WORLDSTAR!" and laughter erupts. I froze for a second, but pretended I didn't hear anything, and kept straight ahead. (From the voices tho, I could tell the kids were less than 10 years of age 
ohwell.gif
)

What was even more disturbing, was that they were more than 100 feet away. And they were in the Cafe (left side of the Theatre) so they only had a side profile view of me. What this indicates is, my "swag" level is perhaps 10 x lower than I had previously imagined. I have alot of problems, some fixable, some not:

-Walk with a Limp (Limb Length Discrepancy - can't get surgery until growth plates fuse)

-Slightly Chubby (working on it) / Hunchback (Scoliosis)

-Have weird mannerisms (Compulsive Neck & Back Cracking)

-Introverted Personality (When ever I'm in Social Situations people will comment how "Quiet" I am)

-Bad Fashion Sense (I've started reading NT's "Dressing Better" and "High End Clothes" thread)

And it's not just little kids, but also people I feel are not on "my level" - I was at the airport a few weeks ago, and across the concourse, there's a Trashy Lady (Steve Wilkos/Maury Povich type). She's diagonally across from me, and I notice out of the corner of my eye she's staring at me with a smirk. Every few minutes, I'd turn my head and she'd look downwards. This continued for about an hour until I got on the flight.

Anyone else have these problems? I've read alot of articles on how to "be more confident" like walking around with a smile on your face - stuff like that seems to make me stand out even more.
okay, this is a formula I put together for another purpose, but if you're getting thrown off center by people who still wet the bed once or twice a year, you obviously need a hand.

besides, I've always been curious to see just how versatile it is in evaluating the general perception of individuals.

let's begin:

Aesthetic: your overall look is your silent conversation with the world. judging by people's reactions to you, you can't be an overly attractive person based on your raw physical appearance...it may be best to accentuate your other attributes, such as well-suited accessory choices and unique personal touches like a striking hairstyle or meaningful tattoo.

these are niche choices, absolutely, but seeing as your general appeal is limited in your own estimation, it may be your best route to establishing a target audience.

Persona: obviously you're not the most confident person, and it may be because you don't find your day to day life fulfilling. perhaps you lack purpose in your own eyes. consider taking up a hobby such as visual art or a musical instrument, which will expand your topics of discussion for more meaningful interactions with a wider cross-section of individuals.

in turn, this will make you a more confident person as you prove to yourself you are worthy of something beyond the most basic human attentions. why should you be confident if there's nothing special about you?

Technique: fine, your physical limitations are what they are, but there is a way to optimize them assuming your condition isn't too severe. consider taking yoga or ballet classes, which will increase your facility in motion and make your mannerisms stronger and more confident.

it may also improve your posture, which is a key indicator in body language...nobody mistakes Clark Kent for Superman because he slumps like a little *****.

Outreach:  honestly there doesn't seem to be all that much to your life, which is admittedly a strong piece of prognostication from an uninformed observer, but could be at the root of your issue. you may feel that maintaining interactions with others is difficult because even holding their interest makes you feel something of a fraud...because, again, there's nothing there but a generic person...you know, because Netflix and eating are not hobbies.

to this end, I suggest that you take time to discover your interests and explore them as much as possible...attend events that will bring you into contact with like minded people and facilitate casual, low-pressure interactions. join a book club. attend a after-hours night at an art museum. join a local kickball league. 

let it be known to all that you are (it doesn't matter what your name is) and you are having fun with life. it's attractive, in both a romantic and social sense.

Music: um...yeah I told you this was for something else but let's make it work: you don't have entrance music. I think we both know you don't deserve it at this point...still, that is instructive in and of itself: develop a personality worthy of entrance music and you'll hear it in your head whenever you walk into a room.

of course, I'd have to know more about you to ensure my appraisals are accurate, but the general point is that proper attention to these attributes can maximize your potential impact on the people around you and promote a well-rounded lifestyle. 

I should know, I'm an expert.

Back
Top Bottom