gilbert arenas out for 3 months!

there goes my fantasy league. number 1 pick overall down the drains for at least 3 months.
frown.gif
ohwell.gif

YES!!!!!!! GSW got the easy win on friday

lol... do you really think that?

Wizards have been playing excellently without arenas. ask Sixers fans how Blatche, NY, AD, Deshawn, and Caron are looking

damn that EA sports cover curse!
frown.gif

get well gilbert...hopefull the wiz kids will be okay..

matter fact, WE WILL BE OKAY

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Say hello to the Lottery Wizards Fans.

i guess you haven't been watching the NBA buddy. wiz kids have been playing good ball against the sub-par teams. making the most of it.

we will be okay..speedy recovery agent zero! i'll still vote for u for the eastern all-stars
laugh.gif

good luck making the playoffs this year wizards... at least u guys will be in the race for the mayo lottery.

he will resign with the wizards he wont get more anywhere else, this is good for the wiz they get a high pick draft a PG or center

gilbert responds!

I just got bad news.

I guess after I got my second MRI and I was cleared to go full speed, I finally went full speed and ended up tearing cartilage. I had to get surgery and Iended up with a meniscus tear and a microfracture on my non weight-bearing part of the bone in my left knee.

It's not the more serious microfracture that some guys get. If I would have had that kind, I would have been out 12 months. This one is just three months.

I can't rehab it yet, I'm sitting out for about a month. It's not as bad as the injury in April, but it's tough.

It's kind of bad because there is a whole bunch of teams out there that I wanted to kick their …

They needed to clear some cartilage out because there were some tears that happened after I barbequed the Timberwolves and Indiana because I was going too, toohard.

It turned out to be worse than I thought.

I found it out just now. I just sat out yesterday's game because after the Timberwolves game, I went home and all of the sudden it just started hurting.

I didn't go to Charlotte because I went to get another MRI to make sure nothing happened in those last two games and the MRI showed the tear.

It's bad when you miss the end of last season and the playoffs and you do the best you can to rehab and get stronger during the summer and then you comeback and it's a bumpy ride.

I'm just going to sit in my sorrows again. I have three months to back positive again, but right now, it's hard.

I need to start thinking about longevity in my career instead of just this injury right now. Every great player has missed at least one year.

I'm not going to go backwards in my mood, because we've still won five in a row. This is the way we were supposed to have started off. The group ispositive, so the leader has to stay positive. Nick Young, you're seeing how fast he can score. You know how our future looks with our young guys.They're doing pretty good, so you have to stay positive and keep upbeat around them.

I'm going to go in and do my rehab and take my time this time.

They put me out for the surgery. You have to put me out for anything. I can't even get my tooth pulled - or even cleaned - without putting myself to sleep.I don't want no pain.

I'm going to watch the game when I come to. I call Jackie Miles and Drew Cleary and tell them what I want the team to do. I'll be calling up playslike, "Oh, you should be doing this play!" I don't think it ever works, because I've never seen it happen where I call and then have the playhappen. But, it is refreshing just to call someone.

Even before this MRI result came through, I was going to take at least a month just to rehab the right way. I was going to play it game by game. As long as wewere winning on that winning streak, I was going to sit out.

I'll go to the arena on Friday. But I'll get there late. We're all superstitious around the team and Antonio Daniels says that he plays better whenI don't come onto the bench before halftime. We have all these little rules. He's like, "You can't come out until there's six minutes leftin the second period, or after halftime. You have to see how the game is going and then decide."

I'm like, "OK, alright, whatever you say."

For the road trip, I'll probably stick around D.C. and rehab, unless it's a long one and I'll go just to get out of the house. I don't know.

I'm going to stay positive this time, because feeling sorry for myself didn't work last time. It just kind of hurt that everything I did this summerreally meant nothing, to the point where I'm rehabbing again. I guess I was doing too much. I wasn't giving myself enough time to let my muscles heal.Running bleachers, riding bikes and doing all that stuff was just a little too much.

You know what? When stuff goes bad it goes bad. I just broke up with my girlfriend and I don't get to see my kids for a while because of the breakup.

That happened right before those two games last week. I was so happy, went out and performed well with 30 and 11 and came back the next night with 28 and I wasthinking, "Oh yeah, it was her that was bringing my spirits down…"

Now she's back in California. You ask for space, you know, because everything feels closed in … the house is dirty, the kids are drawing on the walls andon the couches and you're thinking, "Oh man, I can't do this. I'm not playing well and I'm coming home to all this."

So you ask for space and now you got clean walls, clean furniture and you're lonely.

And now you got to sit out three months. Oh man. I guess it has to get bad so it can get good.

I'm not talking to my girlfriend. There's a thing, "Watch what you say," sometimes. She said, "I don't want you to call me. Idon't want you to ask me about the kids. We're going to do this on our own."

So, I decided, "OK."

Some things, if you don't mean them, don't say them.

Now she's mad that I'm not returning her calls. I guess she's mad actually, I don't know. Me and her brother are very cool so he goes,"Why don't you just talk to her?"

"Well, she just told me last week not to call her."

She told me I needed to start paying attention and listening from now on, now I'm paying attention and listening.

Man thats sucks...hope he gets back to 100% soon because it always fun watching gil's poetry on the court!

This is terrible news. I knew something was up when he had to get fluid drained from it earlier in the year.

What's with EA cover athletes?
frown.gif

Anyone who has been watching the Wizards had to have known that Gil wasn't 100% when the season started. Hopefully, with 2/3 of the Big 3 playing well, wecan stay within that 5-8 range as far as playoff seeding while Gil is out. As bad as this injury is for Gil, there is a bit of a silver lining. Guys likeAndray Blatche and Nick Young will be relied on to pick up the slack. No, they obviously can't replace what Gil did in the lineup, but if what we have seenfrom Blatche and Young over the past 2-3 games is any indication of the potential that they have to succeed, then the Wiz won't be as bad off as peoplethink. What I would like to see is DeShawn Stevenson come off the bench and have NY slide over to the 2 in the starting lineup. Now is the time to see the kindof coach EJ has turned into. Can he make the adjustments to keep this team competitive? Can he have a cohesive rotation? We've played well in Gil'sabsence and the talent is there on the roster to be in the thick of things in the East when April rolls around. I just hope that Gil can return to 100% by atleast April and provide a spark to the lineup.

I wonder if he will get the max deal that he wanted? I think some of his options may have taken a hit, but I have full confidence that he will be in a Wizardsuni for the remainder of his career.....

horrible news.. get well Gil..there is hope though, we dropped the first 5 then won 5 in row.. I am very pleased with Blatche and Young.. Blatche is a damnbeast.. Wood is playing well.. Songaila is pretty much on all the time.. hopefully we can count on these guys with Butler and Jamison

Feel really bad for him and the Wizards. ON the other hand, I have Butler on my fantasy team so I'm hoping he puts up big numbers.

from the heats perspective, one less obstacle for winning the division

but damn its gonna kill my fantasy team

from the heats perspective, one less obstacle for winning the division

Everyone in the division is an obstacle for the Heat right now. Handle the Hawks first, and then you can see us.

This dude should be on NT with his girl problems.

[table][tr][td]
Injured Again

Nov 21, 2007
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Posted by: Gilbert Arenas

[table][tr][td]
gilmotivate_490_071121.jpg

I'll be helping out the young guys stay motivated for a little while.
Ned Dishman/NBAE/Getty Images[/td] [/tr][/table]I just got bad news.

I guess after I got my second MRI and I was cleared to go full speed, I finally went full speed and ended up tearing cartilage. I had to get surgery and I ended up with a meniscus tear and a microfracture on my non weight-bearing part of the bone in my left knee.

It's not the more serious microfracture that some guys get. If I would have had that kind, I would have been out 12 months. This one is just three months.

I can't rehab it yet, I'm sitting out for about a month. It's not as bad as the injury in April, but it's tough.

It's kind of bad because there is a whole bunch of teams out there that I wanted to kick their …

They needed to clear some cartilage out because there were some tears that happened after I barbequed the Timberwolves and Indiana because I was going too, too hard.

It turned out to be worse than I thought.

I found it out just now. I just sat out yesterday's game because after the Timberwolves game, I went home and all of the sudden it just started hurting.

I didn't go to Charlotte because I went to get another MRI to make sure nothing happened in those last two games and the MRI showed the tear.

It's bad when you miss the end of last season and the playoffs and you do the best you can to rehab and get stronger during the summer and then you come back and it's a bumpy ride.

I'm just going to sit in my sorrows again. I have three months to back positive again, but right now, it's hard.

I need to start thinking about longevity in my career instead of just this injury right now. Every great player has missed at least one year.

I'm not going to go backwards in my mood, because we've still won five in a row. This is the way we were supposed to have started off. The group is positive, so the leader has to stay positive. Nick Young, you're seeing how fast he can score. You know how our future looks with our young guys. They're doing pretty good, so you have to stay positive and keep upbeat around them.

I'm going to go in and do my rehab and take my time this time.

They put me out for the surgery. You have to put me out for anything. I can't even get my tooth pulled - or even cleaned - without putting myself to sleep. I don't want no pain.

I'm going to watch the game when I come to. I call Jackie Miles and Drew Cleary and tell them what I want the team to do. I'll be calling up plays like, "Oh, you should be doing this play!" I don't think it ever works, because I've never seen it happen where I call and then have the play happen. But, it is refreshing just to call someone.

Even before this MRI result came through, I was going to take at least a month just to rehab the right way. I was going to play it game by game. As long as we were winning on that winning streak, I was going to sit out.

I'll go to the arena on Friday. But I'll get there late. We're all superstitious around the team and Antonio Daniels says that he plays better when I don't come onto the bench before halftime. We have all these little rules. He's like, "You can't come out until there's six minutes left in the second period, or after halftime. You have to see how the game is going and then decide."

I'm like, "OK, alright, whatever you say."

For the road trip, I'll probably stick around D.C. and rehab, unless it's a long one and I'll go just to get out of the house. I don't know.

I'm going to stay positive this time, because feeling sorry for myself didn't work last time. It just kind of hurt that everything I did this summer really meant nothing, to the point where I'm rehabbing again. I guess I was doing too much. I wasn't giving myself enough time to let my muscles heal. Running bleachers, riding bikes and doing all that stuff was just a little too much.

You know what? When stuff goes bad it goes bad. I just broke up with my girlfriend and I don't get to see my kids for a while because of the breakup.

That happened right before those two games last week. I was so happy, went out and performed well with 30 and 11 and came back the next night with 28 and I was thinking, "Oh yeah, it was her that was bringing my spirits down…"

Now she's back in California. You ask for space, you know, because everything feels closed in … the house is dirty, the kids are drawing on the walls and on the couches and you're thinking, "Oh man, I can't do this. I'm not playing well and I'm coming home to all this."

So you ask for space and now you got clean walls, clean furniture and you're lonely.

And now you got to sit out three months. Oh man. I guess it has to get bad so it can get good.

I'm not talking to my girlfriend. There's a thing, "Watch what you say," sometimes. She said, "I don't want you to call me. I don't want you to ask me about the kids. We're going to do this on our own."

So, I decided, "OK."

Some things, if you don't mean them, don't say them.

Now she's mad that I'm not returning her calls. I guess she's mad actually, I don't know. Me and her brother are very cool so he goes, "Why don't you just talk to her?"

"Well, she just told me last week not to call her."

She told me I needed to start paying attention and listening from now on, now I'm paying attention and listening.

GilIIZeros Coming at You
If everybody goes to GilTV, you're going to see my Denzel skills.

You know what? The commercials were a spur of the moment type of a deal. We just finished shooting our Brotherhood commercial that's showing right now, and I'm the only one who has a different shoe from those guys.

So we had to do something different and one of the guys who wrote the script - wait a second, one of the guys whose idea it was, because there was no script - said, "What do you think of doing some little, funny commercials that will go online?"

I said, "Yeah, OK, no problem!"

The next day, they're telling me I'm going to do some promo stuff for the shoe and they're like, "We have the commercials ready that you need to do."

I was like, "Huh?"

At first, I went cold turkey and chickened out.

They were like, "Yeah, this is the best. You just improv!"

I was like, "Hey, I'm funny around people. Not in-front-of-the-camera funny, when there's not script or nothing."

We started doing the Gil's Island one. That was the very first one. It just looked so dumb because I was so nervous at first. So Zach from adidas dressed up like the lobster. I convinced him to be the lobster and we just did it to try to get me in my element. He was just doing it just to play around, but for some reason they thought it would be funny to have him in every episode.

The second one was the Black President one. I just wanted to make fun of, you know, Congress, Bush and how they do their little speeches. I got that one from the Dave Chappelle skit when he was supposed to be a black president.

The third one was Agent Zero, one of me getting interviewed by the lobster.

The fourth one was Cookin' With Gil. That's for the Hibachi shoe. It also has the chicken in it, and that's the trainer for the Wizards, Drew Cleary.

They helped me out and we had a lot of fun with it. There was no script, we were just winging it. We thought it was cool to put it online and put it on YouTube and have it be funny and something different to have with my shoe launch instead of some boring old commercial that nobody really sees. You see more stuff online then you do on TV now, so we tried to attack that way.

Got to shout out to Wizznutzz for making the Nacho Cero shoe. I might have collab with them and have like a 100 special NACHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! shoes made.

My Girl Power
I know everybody has been hearing about my Girl Power group. If you didn't know, I have a group of women that follow me around the world wearing shirts that say "Operation Gilbert Arenas." Oh man, that's when you know you've made it. Our security guard, Jackie Miles, told me. He was like, "Yeah, you know, we have these ladies out here with the best shirts in the world. They've been following you from city to city just trying to get you to notice them."

They had on these shirts with "Operation Gilbert Arenas" on them with little diamonds and everything. It was kind of funny. I guess they already had one lady picked out to get the jersey and everything, so I gave it to her.

I don't think any other athletes have "Operation" anything.

Thanksgiving Plans
I already ate my Thanksgiving dinner.

Thanksgiving is the most confusing holiday because it doesn't have an actual date. It's just a Thursday. It's "this" Thursday, "the last" Thursday, "the third" Thursday … so I was like, "Since we don't really have a date, I should be able to eat anytime during November." So I had mine last Saturday.

I ate with Nick Young, his girlfriend and his brother and Dominic McGuire and his little brother. We had Thanksgiving dinner at my house. Willie the Chef came out from Jersey and cooked for us. He was like, "Why are you eating Thanksgiving today?" I was like, "Because I can!" It's not like Christmas and Valentine's Day where you know there's an actual date. You can wing it on Thanksgiving.

I've already had my Thanksgiving, so tomorrow is just a regular day for me. I might just sit and watch American Gangster for the 14th time and just sit around and eat some leftover turkey sandwiches.

Actually, if you guys remember the challenge I did around September about writing the essays to get the free Spalding court, I'm down to my five finalists. I'm going to re-read over those while I have this time and I'm going to start doing the voices for Gazo. I'm going to listen to those right now.

All-Star Hope
If I'm missing all these months, I know these coaches aren't going to pick me this time. When you averaged 29 and played every game and they didn't pick you then, I'm damn sure they're not going to pick me now. I need my fans to vote me. They need to help me out. We deserve more than what we're getting right now.

Alrighty, y'all have a Happy Thanksgiving.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom