Give/Show examples of the decline of quality in Jordan retros...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by thebeast23

Originally Posted by GTEK

What is up with the acne on the mid-soles of the 09' Space Jams?
smh.gif

that "acne" was actually on retros as well as OG's 
tired.gif

its rubber drps....kinda inevitable on a shoe with that midsole

I'm not sure what other retros or ogs you've seen, but I have never seen the bumps that were on the midsole of the 09 spacejams on any other XI. The bumps look like a defect in the molding process. The larger sizes didn't seem to have them. I know my size 9 did....and every XI that I have or had, og to Retro never had this issue.

smh.gif

tired.gif

I'm not sure what other retros or ogs you've seen, but I have never seen the bumps that were on the midsole of the 09 spacejams on any other XI. The bumps look like a defect in the molding process. The larger sizes didn't seem to have them. I know my size 9 did....and every XI that I have or had, og to Retro never had this issue.

Idk about ya'll, but just about every space jam 09 and cdp xi retro i get.....the patent leather is cut lower on one side of a shoe compared to the other shoe.
mad.gif

Idk about ya'll, but just about every space jam 09 and cdp xi retro i get.....the patent leather is cut lower on one side of a shoe compared to the other shoe.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

smh.gif
tired.gif

sup dude. them playoff 12s are still sitting in my closet in good hands
pimp.gif

but yea, the 2000 jams i have, i see the bumps on there. they are not very obvious and in less quantity than they are on the recent retros.

smh.gif
tired.gif

sup dude. them playoff 12s are still sitting in my closet in good hands
pimp.gif

but yea, the 2000 jams i have, i see the bumps on there. they are not very obvious and in less quantity than they are on the recent retros.

smh.gif

tired.gif

there were many 09 space jams that didnt have em as well as OG's. mayb u was fortunate to not get the pair wit the drips. but it has alwayss been there bro. idk if it happens more often now or sumthn but i kno it id happen in the past

smh.gif

tired.gif

there were many 09 space jams that didnt have em as well as OG's. mayb u was fortunate to not get the pair wit the drips. but it has alwayss been there bro. idk if it happens more often now or sumthn but i kno it id happen in the past

I never thought for a second that those playoff XIIs weren't in good hands my brother...glad you like them.

Beast23, maybe I have just been fortunate with the XI, but my spacejams were awful. I had to snip the bumps off with nail clippers. If I hadn't got a discount on them they would have been returned ASAP. Minor blimishes is on thing, I would consider them B grade status.

I never thought for a second that those playoff XIIs weren't in good hands my brother...glad you like them.

Beast23, maybe I have just been fortunate with the XI, but my spacejams were awful. I had to snip the bumps off with nail clippers. If I hadn't got a discount on them they would have been returned ASAP. Minor blimishes is on thing, I would consider them B grade status.

2000 SJ > 2009 SJ

It's like night and day. Yes, I own both & yes I've worn both - its not even a debate...

2000 SJ > 2009 SJ

It's like night and day. Yes, I own both & yes I've worn both - its not even a debate...

Originally Posted by dtb00201

not to mention I don't see the problem in this picture.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
JB wins

These are a 2002 release that have been worn easily over 100 times. There is not one hairline crack. But my 2002 IX Flints have small to medium size hairline cracks (not showing up in pictures) and have been worn 100+ times.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
JB wins

These are a 2002 release that have been worn easily over 100 times. There is not one hairline crack. But my 2002 IX Flints have small to medium size hairline cracks (not showing up in pictures) and have been worn 100+ times.

of course the quality is declining all that matters to JB is MONEY and by using CHEAPER materials they reduce the cost of producing and then they just raise the retail price and make a fortune regardless of the crappy quality

of course the quality is declining all that matters to JB is MONEY and by using CHEAPER materials they reduce the cost of producing and then they just raise the retail price and make a fortune regardless of the crappy quality

^My friends white and black pair from 02 has cracks all over it but his brothers cool gray's don't have any. I'm not sure why the midsole color would make a difference but it seems like the pairs with black or gray midsoles crack way worse than any of the other colors.

^My friends white and black pair from 02 has cracks all over it but his brothers cool gray's don't have any. I'm not sure why the midsole color would make a difference but it seems like the pairs with black or gray midsoles crack way worse than any of the other colors.

hmm.im guessin cuz darker colors need more coats  to keep it dark which is more paint

hmm.im guessin cuz darker colors need more coats  to keep it dark which is more paint

I would say the pearl and flint gray are about the same levels of "darkness" side by side. 

I would say the pearl and flint gray are about the same levels of "darkness" side by side. 

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Originally Posted by imazing1201

LeGod do you know if those shoes are the same size? i know they are off of the OriGinal mold but the same size would help the comparison.

09 space jams are not as bad as everyone thinks. These are not my pics, but I also had both pairs and the differences were not enough for me to keep my 2000 pair.     

09's not as bad as everyone thinks eh?  Sorry I don't like my sneakers to look like the leaning tower of pisa.

And to those of you that don't realize the difference in quality, its either because you didn't own the original, or your lying to yourselves.  Don't get me wrong, JB did a great job on the Carmine VI's, grape V's and white black fire red V's but outside of that its pretty much been a mess.
How about you try untying them, and what does that have to do with quality anyway? Quality and craftsmanship are two separate things. Also if those are your pictures, why would you buy a shoe you thought was crappy and leaned funny? Now I'm not saying the quality was better, I just think it wasn't as terrible as everyone made it out to be.

First off smart guy those 09 space jams are not mine.  Second the laces have NOTHING to do with the tilt of that shoe.  
laugh.gif
  Third, manufacturing has EVERYTHING to do with the quality of a shoe. Last  if you can't see the problem with the 09's in that picture from MJ023dan then maybe you need glasses.  Its obvious that the 09's are slanted to the right while the 2000 version is straight up and down.  Another issue with the newer Jordan XI's is the placement of the patent leather.  They use a fraction of the patent leather they once did on the toe box.  The decline in quality is a KNOWN issue.  Cheaper materials and poor craftsmanship are both QUALITY ISSUES.   

I'm not telling you I think the quality has gone down I KNOW the quality has gone down.  I've spoken to a few former employee's over the years that worked at Nike headquarters a long side a lot of the designers including Tinker.  Everything began to go down hill in the early 2000's (a time we still believe quality was good).  They don't care, its all about the bottom line and as long as people continue to support a poor quality product they will continue to make poor quality retro's.  If your happy with the quality of your shoes then more power to you, I on the other hand am not interested in the special shiny boxes with poor quality shoes in them.   Jordan brand can do right by a retro and we saw that with the carmines, but the majority of what they pump out is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom