Give/Show examples of the decline of quality in Jordan retros...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black & White '07 IX. The paint chips very badly and easily. After a few wears the paint started to come off. They still look clean but there are parts where the paint is hanging off...lol

and I paid $240 SHEEESH!!

Originally Posted by bigj505

i wouldnt go as far as saying that quality as a whole is that far off. i would say that cheaper materials are used and molds are way off of what they used to be.
i think the whole midsole paint chipping issue (as seen as recently in the true blue 3 retros) is something that might be consistent with nike as the air max bw's did the same thing.
the cdp series is a perfect example of terrible quality. not all of the shoes were bad but many were.
I - seemed cool to me
II - crappy cheap leather
III - seemed cool to me
IV - banana shape and ashy, ashy suede
V - came out of the box with pre yellowed soles
VI - soles werent really icy and i heard (and saw pics) that people had the AIR on the heels fall off
VII - seemed cool to me
VIII - seemed cool to me but the leather seemed a little cheap
IX - cheap materials used
X - cool to me
XI - felt like i was walking on cardboard. shape way off. 23 on heel peels off. patent cut was way low and off. leather on heel area was cheap
XII - seemed cool to me. midsole was kinda shiny but the shoe was OK
XIII - seemed cool to me
XIV - seemed cool to me
XV - seemed cool to me
XVI - on point. not complaints at all
XVII - ashy and scuffed str8 out of the box
XVIII - some were ashy
XIX - no beef
XX - no beef
XXI - ashy out of the box
XXII - cool to me

newer retros are OK in quality. the infra pack and vr 6s have solid quality. actually, all of the 6s are solid cept for the white/vr 6s. they seem a lil cheap.
space jams seem to be a little better than cdps IMO

so i would say materials and molds are what kinda throw off the newer retros from the older ones. better materials were used in the past. molds were closer to the OGs.

Ha, ya'll ready know. 

Originally Posted by bigj505

i wouldnt go as far as saying that quality as a whole is that far off. i would say that cheaper materials are used and molds are way off of what they used to be.
i think the whole midsole paint chipping issue (as seen as recently in the true blue 3 retros) is something that might be consistent with nike as the air max bw's did the same thing.
the cdp series is a perfect example of terrible quality. not all of the shoes were bad but many were.
I - seemed cool to me
II - crappy cheap leather
III - seemed cool to me
IV - banana shape and ashy, ashy suede
V - came out of the box with pre yellowed soles
VI - soles werent really icy and i heard (and saw pics) that people had the AIR on the heels fall off
VII - seemed cool to me
VIII - seemed cool to me but the leather seemed a little cheap
IX - cheap materials used
X - cool to me
XI - felt like i was walking on cardboard. shape way off. 23 on heel peels off. patent cut was way low and off. leather on heel area was cheap
XII - seemed cool to me. midsole was kinda shiny but the shoe was OK
XIII - seemed cool to me
XIV - seemed cool to me
XV - seemed cool to me
XVI - on point. not complaints at all
XVII - ashy and scuffed str8 out of the box
XVIII - some were ashy
XIX - no beef
XX - no beef
XXI - ashy out of the box
XXII - cool to me

newer retros are OK in quality. the infra pack and vr 6s have solid quality. actually, all of the 6s are solid cept for the white/vr 6s. they seem a lil cheap.
space jams seem to be a little better than cdps IMO

so i would say materials and molds are what kinda throw off the newer retros from the older ones. better materials were used in the past. molds were closer to the OGs.

Ha, ya'll ready know. 

Seems like Jordan has focused on quality on certain retros, while disregarding this aspect in certain models.

Seems like Jordan has focused on quality on certain retros, while disregarding this aspect in certain models.

AQUA FAIL!
396148662.jpg

^^^ thats messed up but I wonder if later on those Aqua's will be worth more $$$ because of the upside down Jumpman kinda like beanie babies with defects.

^^^ thats messed up but I wonder if later on those Aqua's will be worth more $$$ because of the upside down Jumpman kinda like beanie babies with defects.

Originally Posted by Resist

thing is, do half of you dudes even ball in your jordans? you can't complain about quality when the shoe isn't even being used for it's purpose

laugh.gif
 seriously. i see college and nba dudes rocking the newest jays alllllllllllllllll the time no complaints.
soleartiz wrote:
just look at the playoff 13s terrible

indifferent.gif

these were so close to the originals go slap yourself. i bet you never owned the og's either.

Originally Posted by Resist

thing is, do half of you dudes even ball in your jordans? you can't complain about quality when the shoe isn't even being used for it's purpose

laugh.gif
 seriously. i see college and nba dudes rocking the newest jays alllllllllllllllll the time no complaints.
soleartiz wrote:
just look at the playoff 13s terrible

indifferent.gif

these were so close to the originals go slap yourself. i bet you never owned the og's either.

if you want bad quality , you need not look any futher........................

ego27l.jpg

need i say more...........................................peace23

if you want bad quality , you need not look any futher........................

ego27l.jpg

need i say more...........................................peace23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom