Give/Show examples of the decline of quality in Jordan retros...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by udntnoeme01

People are overly glorifying the OGs these days in terms of quality. I understand the rants about the shape of the retros deviating from that of their original counterparts. But let's be real here. JB's been putting out some hits and misses. Just buy what you like and don't buy what you don't like. Common sense right? Personally, if they just use thicker leather and improve the molds on some models (the 4s is a prime example of this) in order to make an attempt to look like the original, then I'm happy. I could care less about the Nike Air or Jumpman. In fact, JB should work on making retros BETTER than the originals. Imagine having a pair of 11s with full zoom. Crazy huh?
Exactly.
Where is the NT'er in the Infrared 6 pack who was talking about OG quality and how people are overglorifying OG quality.  

Unless you have OGs that are in good condition i wouldn't really speak on the matter.  I don't think you should go on your memory from 10-20 years ago. . .old !@# NT'ers 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by udntnoeme01

People are overly glorifying the OGs these days in terms of quality. I understand the rants about the shape of the retros deviating from that of their original counterparts. But let's be real here. JB's been putting out some hits and misses. Just buy what you like and don't buy what you don't like. Common sense right? Personally, if they just use thicker leather and improve the molds on some models (the 4s is a prime example of this) in order to make an attempt to look like the original, then I'm happy. I could care less about the Nike Air or Jumpman. In fact, JB should work on making retros BETTER than the originals. Imagine having a pair of 11s with full zoom. Crazy huh?
Exactly.
Where is the NT'er in the Infrared 6 pack who was talking about OG quality and how people are overglorifying OG quality.  

Unless you have OGs that are in good condition i wouldn't really speak on the matter.  I don't think you should go on your memory from 10-20 years ago. . .old !@# NT'ers 
laugh.gif

My biggest problem is when jb changes the toe box, color, cut and other very important looks of an original jordan amd decides to give us something completely different after years of waiting for a particular shoe it gets very frustereating when you get something way off of from you really wanted

My biggest problem is when jb changes the toe box, color, cut and other very important looks of an original jordan amd decides to give us something completely different after years of waiting for a particular shoe it gets very frustereating when you get something way off of from you really wanted

Originally Posted by grownmendonthate

I wanna see yall NT hypebeasts try to tell us true og sneakerheads how better and great the new white/cement 3 retros are compared the og version like yall doing the black/infrared 6,my fire red and true blue 3s cracked after just a couple of months of straight wear[a couple of times out the week] and im not a big dude either and watch how many people on here tell us that they havent had a problem with there white/cement 3 while there bald face lying bout it knowing they only wear them once or twice a month if not that people need to do test on these new retros on youtube showing everyday wear and how long do they last if you wear them every day non stop and that will answer yalls question about the quility on these new retros and dont tell me i cant go off of memory cause i have a good one i remember that i could wear og 3 and 4 and 5 and 6 and 7 and 8 for months on in without any cracking or visible wear and tear on the shoe,by the time i would through them down to one of my relatives they were still fresh after cleanng them and they would still hold up good so showing pictures of og,s to a newer retro doesnt mean anything as far as how long a shoe lasts compared to another shoe thats not even 25 percent close to it thats just ignorance amongst somebody who just wanna justify there purchase knowing JB makes these newer retros for just to ds cause everybody wants to be a collector nowadays thats why quility is down.
I dont think you or anybody else on NT uses the same pair of sneakers everyday for a month straight

Originally Posted by grownmendonthate

I wanna see yall NT hypebeasts try to tell us true og sneakerheads how better and great the new white/cement 3 retros are compared the og version like yall doing the black/infrared 6,my fire red and true blue 3s cracked after just a couple of months of straight wear[a couple of times out the week] and im not a big dude either and watch how many people on here tell us that they havent had a problem with there white/cement 3 while there bald face lying bout it knowing they only wear them once or twice a month if not that people need to do test on these new retros on youtube showing everyday wear and how long do they last if you wear them every day non stop and that will answer yalls question about the quility on these new retros and dont tell me i cant go off of memory cause i have a good one i remember that i could wear og 3 and 4 and 5 and 6 and 7 and 8 for months on in without any cracking or visible wear and tear on the shoe,by the time i would through them down to one of my relatives they were still fresh after cleanng them and they would still hold up good so showing pictures of og,s to a newer retro doesnt mean anything as far as how long a shoe lasts compared to another shoe thats not even 25 percent close to it thats just ignorance amongst somebody who just wanna justify there purchase knowing JB makes these newer retros for just to ds cause everybody wants to be a collector nowadays thats why quility is down.
I dont think you or anybody else on NT uses the same pair of sneakers everyday for a month straight

To be honest, the Kids' quality is about the same. My Jordans are damn near perfect ...

I wonder why.

To be honest, the Kids' quality is about the same. My Jordans are damn near perfect ...

I wonder why.

the sock liner of the first retro infareds go in if u press like a cushin the recent ones dont do that. id post pics but im lazy

the sock liner of the first retro infareds go in if u press like a cushin the recent ones dont do that. id post pics but im lazy

Originally Posted by rossh123

That's exactly what I was about to say that I felt was the most disheartening change.

All of the older retros and originals had very thick builds, like the III's. If you can find a picture of the OGs or the 01's, you'll see just how padded and cushioned, and how they were ACTUALLY MADE WITH COMFORT IN MIND.

I haven't bought any of numbered Jordans this year, but the last time I even remotely felt comfort in a pair of kicks were those 09 Wht/Red XIIs.

It's sad when the Fusion and Spiz'ike lines have better quality than most retros that drop lately.

That shiny leather
smh.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by rossh123

That's exactly what I was about to say that I felt was the most disheartening change.

All of the older retros and originals had very thick builds, like the III's. If you can find a picture of the OGs or the 01's, you'll see just how padded and cushioned, and how they were ACTUALLY MADE WITH COMFORT IN MIND.

I haven't bought any of numbered Jordans this year, but the last time I even remotely felt comfort in a pair of kicks were those 09 Wht/Red XIIs.

It's sad when the Fusion and Spiz'ike lines have better quality than most retros that drop lately.

That shiny leather
smh.gif
sick.gif

I remember heads back in 1999-2002 heads would constantly complain about leather creasing and shoes like the III and IV midsoles getting dingy after a few wears and being un-cleanable. JB uses this plastic coated leather crap due to complaints about creasing, and this material DOES CREASE LESS. As for the midsoles , anyone who has owned a pair of pre 04 IIIs or IVs and actually wore them; and i mean WEAR not kittyfooted around school once every 3 months, can attest to the fact that these midsoles are IMPOSSIBLE to clean. JB made thses changes due to consumer requests and now people are complaining about the changes. Most midsoles are white therefor they get dingy really easily, i prefer the new painted midsoles because with the exception of the cracks these versions are way easier to keep clean.

I remember heads back in 1999-2002 heads would constantly complain about leather creasing and shoes like the III and IV midsoles getting dingy after a few wears and being un-cleanable. JB uses this plastic coated leather crap due to complaints about creasing, and this material DOES CREASE LESS. As for the midsoles , anyone who has owned a pair of pre 04 IIIs or IVs and actually wore them; and i mean WEAR not kittyfooted around school once every 3 months, can attest to the fact that these midsoles are IMPOSSIBLE to clean. JB made thses changes due to consumer requests and now people are complaining about the changes. Most midsoles are white therefor they get dingy really easily, i prefer the new painted midsoles because with the exception of the cracks these versions are way easier to keep clean.

^you can't photo elasticity, but i'm partially agreeing. the carmine, db, black/vred and ms VI's are all pretty good for the inner booty, but the VI inner booty on the spiz'ikes are horrible. unlike on VI's, they would fall off if you didn't have laces.

^you can't photo elasticity, but i'm partially agreeing. the carmine, db, black/vred and ms VI's are all pretty good for the inner booty, but the VI inner booty on the spiz'ikes are horrible. unlike on VI's, they would fall off if you didn't have laces.

that little bit of decline in overall quality makes
my newer retros less comfortable to wear
that's what matters to me
a lot of em pinch my toes, the originals and even older retro
versions didn't as much

i posted the side-by-side midsoles of og vs '10 aj6 in another thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom