Give/Show examples of the decline of quality in Jordan retros...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck

its all in the "og heads" head. lol

Sneakers back then were just as crappy quality, bad paint jobs, cracking paint on the 3's and 4's.

People will never be satisfied with a retro unless it is an EXACT carbon copy of an OG. -NOT HAPPENING PEOPLE.

If you arent satisfied, dont cop, i know i am certainly satisfied with all the retros i have bought over the last few years.

Some are better than others, just like it was "back in the day"

I can't do anything else but give you a 
indifferent.gif

You must not have owned III or IV's from back in the day because the paint didn't crack on those

Sneakers back then were just as crappy quality, bad paint jobs, cracking paint on the 3's and 4's.

People will never be satisfied with a retro unless it is an EXACT carbon copy of an OG. -NOT HAPPENING PEOPLE.

If you arent satisfied, dont cop, i know i am certainly satisfied with all the retros i have bought over the last few years.

I can't do anything else but give you a 
indifferent.gif

You must not have owned III or IV's from back in the day because the paint didn't crack on those

Originally Posted by DeuCes213

After half a decade of poor quality retros it appears that retro Jordans are either meant for display or JB just simply understands that there is a new generation to the game who will scoop up as many as they can just to boast to their friends. I'll side with the latter. When the price keeps getting higher but the quality continues to decline the profit margin expands. Nike Sportswear continues to make quality shoes that are no different from what they were pumping out 25 years ago, I just don't understand why JB can't either, they'll make profit either way but c'mon what they're giving us these days is a completely different brand than even 10 years ago.
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by DeuCes213

After half a decade of poor quality retros it appears that retro Jordans are either meant for display or JB just simply understands that there is a new generation to the game who will scoop up as many as they can just to boast to their friends. I'll side with the latter. When the price keeps getting higher but the quality continues to decline the profit margin expands. Nike Sportswear continues to make quality shoes that are no different from what they were pumping out 25 years ago, I just don't understand why JB can't either, they'll make profit either way but c'mon what they're giving us these days is a completely different brand than even 10 years ago.
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

oh my goodness...who can cosign this?
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm looking for the gif with the black dude lookin around surprised because that's how i feel right now after reading that....brb

here it is:
sc5blz.gif

peep the XII's up top, look at the leather

oh my goodness...who can cosign this?
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm looking for the gif with the black dude lookin around surprised because that's how i feel right now after reading that....brb

here it is:
sc5blz.gif

peep the XII's up top, look at the leather

Wow, people in JB forum always whine and complain about some "good ol' days" but you are the one lining up a week early and spending ridiculous amounts of money on tennis shoes, this has been looked into so many times. Sneakerheads usually have Daddy issues in some form, "He used to buy me these" or "They would not let me have a $150 shoe to play JV Basketball in, so I had to save or earn" or "He would not let me get them, so when I grew up and moved out, I send at least $5,000-10,000 a year so I can show him, I take the bus, and have a efficiency apartment, but I showed him, and still do every time I go home"

Just think focus groups, the young male as the outsider, until status quo of youth fashion is fulfilled, social acceptance then, then purchasing in abundance, it makes so much sense when you can study yourself outside of your own ego. Remember, these are slave wage products too, I do not deny that. I have a very dear friend who is Vietnamese, and she cannot believe that her family back home has to work in factories like slaves all while her family here in Minnesota all try and "look gangsta" with black on black new era fitteds, jordans (each brother has 20 some pairs)

The counterculture system of rebellion and the outsider is what makes the male pretend to think they know what masculinity really is, only to be duped for a pair of jordans, or horribly violent sports, or video games.

Just study focus groups, and you will see this trend reappear. I am just willing to admit it.

Think about young to middle aged men 20-30 years back with classic cars, reminiscing about the "Good Ol' Days" and much about pissing off their parents (antisocial and counterculture behavior)

Wow, people in JB forum always whine and complain about some "good ol' days" but you are the one lining up a week early and spending ridiculous amounts of money on tennis shoes, this has been looked into so many times. Sneakerheads usually have Daddy issues in some form, "He used to buy me these" or "They would not let me have a $150 shoe to play JV Basketball in, so I had to save or earn" or "He would not let me get them, so when I grew up and moved out, I send at least $5,000-10,000 a year so I can show him, I take the bus, and have a efficiency apartment, but I showed him, and still do every time I go home"

Just think focus groups, the young male as the outsider, until status quo of youth fashion is fulfilled, social acceptance then, then purchasing in abundance, it makes so much sense when you can study yourself outside of your own ego. Remember, these are slave wage products too, I do not deny that. I have a very dear friend who is Vietnamese, and she cannot believe that her family back home has to work in factories like slaves all while her family here in Minnesota all try and "look gangsta" with black on black new era fitteds, jordans (each brother has 20 some pairs)

The counterculture system of rebellion and the outsider is what makes the male pretend to think they know what masculinity really is, only to be duped for a pair of jordans, or horribly violent sports, or video games.

Just study focus groups, and you will see this trend reappear. I am just willing to admit it.

Think about young to middle aged men 20-30 years back with classic cars, reminiscing about the "Good Ol' Days" and much about pissing off their parents (antisocial and counterculture behavior)

man, you guys came with great arguments for both sides.

some of it is all in the imagination of people, and a lot of it is true, the quality has declined.

this thread should be forwarded to the higher ups at jordan brand. not that it would make much a of a difference i doubt tho...

man, you guys came with great arguments for both sides.

some of it is all in the imagination of people, and a lot of it is true, the quality has declined.

this thread should be forwarded to the higher ups at jordan brand. not that it would make much a of a difference i doubt tho...

i really don't consider shoe shape a "quality" issue. aside from a FEW examples of paint chipping and use of pleather, from my experience the quality problem isn't as bad as generally claimed. every shoe thread with even a badly scanned image inevitably results in a dozen or so claims of bad quality. it's become cliche in here, and in most instances is a good indicator of someone who really has nothing much else to say. not posting is certainly not an option.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by RockwellFontana

LOL! sociology in NT, i really never thought i'd see the day. do you really think many of these kids would understand a word of that?
happy.gif

i really don't consider shoe shape a "quality" issue. aside from a FEW examples of paint chipping and use of pleather, from my experience the quality problem isn't as bad as generally claimed. every shoe thread with even a badly scanned image inevitably results in a dozen or so claims of bad quality. it's become cliche in here, and in most instances is a good indicator of someone who really has nothing much else to say. not posting is certainly not an option.
wink.gif

LOL! sociology in NT, i really never thought i'd see the day. do you really think many of these kids would understand a word of that?
happy.gif

my main problem is paint chipping
i got these pics saved of some teams i have called classic 23s
i undsed them and they chipped, wore em lightly for a couple hours
352570887.jpg

352570886.jpg

352570885.jpg

theres no excuse for that, wish i had pics of my cdp ivs that i wore maybe 20 times at the most, they chipped so bad that the black on the midsole was showing white
if they fixed nothing else they should fix the paint issues, then using better leathers imo
whenever the white cement IVs retro i really hope they put a little effort into them

352570887.jpg

352570886.jpg

352570885.jpg

theres no excuse for that, wish i had pics of my cdp ivs that i wore maybe 20 times at the most, they chipped so bad that the black on the midsole was showing white
if they fixed nothing else they should fix the paint issues, then using better leathers imo
whenever the white cement IVs retro i really hope they put a little effort into them

Or....Maybe it is because people have owned products from the earlier days and have physical proof they are better?  Sorry if you are not fortunate enough to have a nice pair of shoes from then, your loss.  For the record, no daddy problems here 
wink.gif

indifferent.gif

Or....Maybe it is because people have owned products from the earlier days and have physical proof they are better?  Sorry if you are not fortunate enough to have a nice pair of shoes from then, your loss.  For the record, no daddy problems here 
wink.gif

indifferent.gif

this kid dont know what he is talking about

i have owned many many many OG pairs over the years that looked fresh after 10 plus years of wear , you rock your powder blue ixs 25 times they not gonna be the same the paint will be falling off
and the leather will be creased as hell .

and you cant ball in none of these retros , all the OGs was some of the best hoopin shoes around . stop it 5 .

this kid dont know what he is talking about

i have owned many many many OG pairs over the years that looked fresh after 10 plus years of wear , you rock your powder blue ixs 25 times they not gonna be the same the paint will be falling off
and the leather will be creased as hell .

and you cant ball in none of these retros , all the OGs was some of the best hoopin shoes around . stop it 5 .

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

Wow... I haven't been on NT in a while, and I see a lot has changed! I NEVER thought I would see the day when people would be defending newer retros and bashing OG's!!! That is insane to me.

As a 36 year old Jordan collector and someone who has owned and played ball in many OG's since 1985, it's very obvious to me that the quality of the newer retros is nowhere near as good as the OG's or even earlier retros. The fact that the majority of the people on this thread are arguing the opposite tells me that true, knowlegable sneaker collectors no longer visit this site and ignorance has taken over. So, that's it for me... goodbye NT!

exactly why i dont post often anymore. ignorance.  if you really feel 2009 retroXII's > OR >= to OG XII's...>> youre on crack
grin.gif

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

Wow... I haven't been on NT in a while, and I see a lot has changed! I NEVER thought I would see the day when people would be defending newer retros and bashing OG's!!! That is insane to me.

As a 36 year old Jordan collector and someone who has owned and played ball in many OG's since 1985, it's very obvious to me that the quality of the newer retros is nowhere near as good as the OG's or even earlier retros. The fact that the majority of the people on this thread are arguing the opposite tells me that true, knowlegable sneaker collectors no longer visit this site and ignorance has taken over. So, that's it for me... goodbye NT!

exactly why i dont post often anymore. ignorance.  if you really feel 2009 retroXII's > OR >= to OG XII's...>> youre on crack
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

see, if that happened to me, i'd be raising hell with jordan/nike until they allowed me to send them back for a full refund and hopefully some kinda compensation for my time (gift card or something)... i wouldn't stop until i got what i want (usually you just want the shoe you bought tho, without these problems, so you never really get what you want, no matter what kinda gift cards they give you)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom