Giving Tip for Delivery?

I love that this is a 52 page thread. It really is a fun topic.
Had me talking to the bartender on Sat. night for a while about tipping, percentages, n all :lol:

AKSuited- regarding that freakonomics podcast discussing the idea to abolish tipping
did you actually listen to it? the guy that conducted those studies has been researching tipping for 20-some-odd years
And as to whether he's being funded by some group that would bias his research? :lol: um like Mr. Pink in Reservoir Dogs?
Forgive me , but I just don't don't see what sort of conspiracy could be going on here- this isn't exactly weed studies or prescription drug trials we're talking about here

Crouching down to the table actually, psychologically, seems to make a lot of sense
and I could see how doing so would increase the likelihood of a customer's tip increasing
AK-- you should try it bro! You might think you look a little silly at first, but if it means more $-- probably less silly

I don't believe in tipping.... I BELIEVE IN OVERTIPPING. :D

1384560159000-waitress-notip.jpg

View media item 955274View media item 955275

Last edited:
Curious about this barber tipping benefit you guys get? As for not making you wait, wat happens when theres like 4 ppl in front of ya. Neva rly understood tipping barbers, a cut at $15+ is already overpriced. That's me tho I get my hair cut every 3 weeks

Curious about this barber tipping benefit you guys get? As for not making you wait, wat happens when theres like 4 ppl in front of ya. Neva rly understood tipping barbers, a cut at $15+ is already overpriced. That's me tho I get my hair cut every 3 weeks

My old barber used to squeeze me in bc I had an "appointment" even when the wait was long

Y'all Arguing with a server about tipping though. :lol:

I get better service at a po-dunk diner than an upscale spot.

Am I supposed to tip more just because the plate is 24.99 as opposed to 11.99?

All things equal

Y'all Arguing with a server about tipping though.
laugh.gif

I get better service at a po-dunk diner than an upscale spot.

Am I supposed to tip more just because the plate is 24.99 as opposed to 11.99?

All things equal
RICKY.

LOOK AT 1. ON YOUR SIG

RICKY.

LOOK AT 1. ON YOUR SIG
just asking famb. Not trying to argue one or the other. I'm legit trying to find out because I get great service at these little spots.

EDIT: went back and read what I wrote. I meant to out WHAT IF I get better service at a po-dunk spot.

Its early famb.

No back pedal. :lol:

Last edited:
took the taxi home from the club and the driver demanded a tip :smh:... this was in philly btw

Last edited:
Had a Chinese food delivery man ask for a tip. I laughed and shut the door in his face. I had the cash ready for him on the table and just forgot to grab it but after pretty much demanding it, nah

Back
Top Bottom