Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

laugh.gif
I didn't borrow Biff Tannen's sports almanac I swear.
laugh.gif

Dwight Howard
n26302067_31192996_4784.jpg

Emeka Okafor

n26302067_31192997_5003.jpg

Lebron James (with his head down, wearing the cavs hat)

n26302067_31192998_5207.jpg

n26302067_31192999_5452.jpg

n26302067_31198472_950.jpg

n26302067_31226680_7658.jpg

n26302067_31228595_625.jpg

n26302067_31228596_345.jpg

n26302067_31228658_6613.jpg

n26302067_31228762_4253.jpg

i got other pics, but eh, not in the mood to look for the rest

Nice pics.
pimp.gif

Do you have pics/video of Nene doin' that lil' dance he did, when he came on the stage in '02? They showed Spike on camera, and dude wasillin'.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Nice pics.
pimp.gif

Do you have pics/video of Nene doin' that lil' dance he did, when he came on the stage in '02? They showed Spike on camera, and dude was illin'.
laugh.gif

i was laughing then I got pissed off when I heard Camby was traded, I walked out and left shaking my head on the train ride home
laugh.gif

real talk, the first draft they had in NY back 2001..I was there for the knick second rounders and I was upset when they picked Eric Chenowith and MichaelWright (Tell me why I can remember those names
grin.gif
laugh.gif
) over Omar Cook...I wanted Omar Cook to be picked by the knicks but eh you knowthe rest...so me being a 16 yr old wearing a Sprewell Jersey, just took it off and threw it on the floor
laugh.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
Hilarious. I don't think Chenowith and M. Wright suited up in a regular season game.
smh.gif

Who you think the Knicks should take next week? I don't want Stephan Curry, unless we can unload Nate.

curry or flynn

btw, a little a draft throwback for knick fans

Maciej Lampe Mike Sweetney Slavko Vranes
LAMPE.png
a7.jpg
Vranes-Slavko.jpg

amazing, those picks are doing nothing in the nba

laugh.gif
DeJuan Blair = Mike Sweetney. I actually thought Sweets would've been a Elton Brand type for us, but he was in love with Sbarro's down the streetfrom the Garden.

I remember fans chanting for Lampe hard.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

curry or flynn

btw, a little a draft throwback for knick fans

Maciej Lampe Mike Sweetney Slavko Vranes
LAMPE.png
a7.jpg
Vranes-Slavko.jpg

amazing, those picks are doing nothing in the nba

smh @ those picks
sick.gif
, Sweetney went to work for a good week but thatsabout it.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

laugh.gif
DeJuan Blair = Mike Sweetney. I actually thought Sweets would've been a Elton Brand type for us, but he was in love with Sbarro's down the street from the Garden.

I remember fans chanting for Lampe hard.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

OO man mike sweetney.. I thought he was gonna be the man also... smh boy was I wrong, I was kinda upset when we traded him to chicago tho lol

I have no idea why Shawn Bradley was at that NBA Draft
roll.gif

Kenny Smith always makes an appearance and of course Spike Lee..

I can't begin to say how NICE Mike was in college and how much of a disappointment his pro career was

for the 100th time me saying this, his father dying before his rookie year really $%#%!# him up

Charles Oakley is under consideration by Walsh to help big men get down and dirty at the defensive end. Does that mean the Knicks president isunhappy with how easy and how often opponents scored last season? My second question is, how do you teach bringing intimidation and intensity to work everytime you get on the court? Oakley also was contacted by Portland officials who suspect it might be good for the team's health if a trace of his brutishattitude rubbed off on Greg Oden.

Sweetney could have been GREAT. He had it all but the weight and psychological issues killed it for him.

Him and Ariza used to be best friends right? It's crazy their careers went in completely opposite directions.

[h3]Walsh: 'We can dowell in 2010'[/h3]
Donnie Walsh will sit down with the beat writers on Monday at the MSG Training Center, but on Friday he was a guest on Indianapolis' WNDE and discussedthe Knicks, the NBA Draft and even a little about the media.

Walsh didn't give away any secrets and I won't even attempt amateur tea-leaf reading. But one thing he did say with notable confidence was therewill be no wavering from the 2010 Plan. He said the goal for this season was to "make our team better and make us competitive for the playoffs" buthe said they would not do it while compromising the salary cap space for next summer.

Remember that old saying, "I'm just the man sittin' next to The Man"? Consider this the year sittin' next to The Year.

"I think we can do well in [2010]," Walsh said, "and if we can do well in that, you can make a quick jump."

Walsh made it pretty clear he is following the game plan by New York's other sports franchises, who staycompetitive through free agency. He pointed to the Yankees and Giants as examples.

"If they're not doing well, they go out and they get somebody in the free agent market that is a blockbuster," he said. "And, we'regoing to try - I don't know if it's going to be a blockbuster - but we're going to try to use our money wisely and be ready for a free agencyperiod in another year."

As for the draft, Walsh seems pretty aware that he must come through with the right pick. He says he considers it "a deep draft. I'm not saying 50,but it certainly goes into the 20s. you get a good player well into the end of the first round and a player who can probably help most teams in the NBA. Frommy vantage point, I think it's a very good draft."

As for any hints to what direction he was looking to go with the No. 8 pick, Walsh gave none. He did, however, say something that supports the theory Ihave, which is that Stephen Curry is their target and Jrue Holiday is the fallback.

"No matter what you like, you may not be able to get him and you might have to have a backup to what you really like," he said. "So it'sthat process and you've got to be ready to make a choice between one player and another and whatever's best for your franchise."

* - The Grizzlies clearly will go into draft night with the entire top 10 in the palm of its hand. They could take Hasheem Thabeetwith the No. 2 and make him a project behind Marc Gasol, which would eventually lead to a decision to make between the two (andsecond-guessing for passing on other talents they could have had). They could thumb their nose at agent Dan Fegan and draft RickyRubio and dare him to stay in Spain. Or they could work out a trade with Minnesota for Kevin Love, fill a need at power forward, andstill come away with a solid pick at No. 6 (Tyreke Evans). That's clearly the best-case scenario, but is it the same for the Timberwolves?They would for sure take Rubio at No. 2 and then have to figure out what the future holds for Randy Foye . . . Oklahoma City would love anyscenario that has Thabeet staying on the board when they pick at No. 3. That would give them the shot-blocking big they are lacking. But here's ahypothetical for you, Fixers: If you were the Thunder, would you consider Kevin Durant and the No. 3 to the Clips for EricGordon and the rights to the No. 1 pick? I say no, but if you think about it, Blake Griffin would keep the ticket sales high in OKCand Gordon next to Russell Westbrook would be a dynamic backcourt. I just don't think you trade an on-the-verge superstar like Durant, atleast not until his contract demands destroy your small-market cap flexibility . . . Enjoy the sun, Fixers, ain't gonna last too long. Make those sweatbeads drop and the chain nets jingle. They're jinglin' baby..go 'head baby.

Or they could work out a trade with Minnesota for Kevin Love, fill a need at power forward, and still come away with a solid pick at No. 6 (Tyreke Evans).
Maybe im mistaking, but didnt these dudes JUST trade Kevin Love last year
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Memphis FTL

Back
Top Bottom