Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

I bet New Orleans (financial issues) or Portland (too many young players) will be willing to sell their picks.

Man I feel bad for KLJ
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

im just surprised mike is fine with leaving with q leaving. thought both of em were mad cool.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the g8, he missed his chance, and now he's getting a second opportunity. do you believe in 2nd opps? i do.
if he blows it again, then ill have nothing to say, but until then, give him the benefit of the doubt.
2nd oppurtunity?
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

For one i dont really believe in 2nd oppurtunities if you brought it on yourself like Curry did. When you gave up on your team like he did and came into campsoo outta shape like that. If it was a 2nd oppurtunity. No i ont think he deserves it. 2 this is not a 2nd oppurtunity bum %@@ Curry averaged 4.7 boards and .5blocks 2 years ago
sick.gif
. And 3rd maybe everything would be forgiven (stillprobably not) if this was a player worth putting out on the florr. Nut there is not a single guy on the Knicks i would take curry over now that JJ is gone.Eddy Curry is straight garbage and i would rather Jeffries on the floor over that bum cause at least Jffries puts in some work and helps out defensively. Curryhas showed time and time and again that he just does not have the work ethic for the NBA and he ne never will. Last year was just the final straw. I just dontget how people STILL back this bum. I mean i didnt even get why people backed him when he was averaging 19 ppg cause of how pathetic he was defensively, butfor people to still back him just bewilders me. Yall know that he is pathetic on D/boards/effort that cannot be argued but did you also realize that his onlyreally good offensive season in NY came in a system with no ball movement when the ball was just lobbed into Curry in the post? That system could not be MOREdifferent than D'Antonis. Curry is a bum and would never work here nor does he deserve the oppurtunity to.

David Lee is every bit as good as any player on the Cavs.
better than
wink.gif

*%!**%# fluke %@@ allstar Mo Williams
mad.gif

and also how could Lebron not wanna come here next offseason if they have another dissapointing showing like this year? I mean we are in the city so obviouslythats a + than a guy like Lee if we keep him around can be a great big man to do some dirty work around him kinda ike an Oakley. They would mesh very well imoand correct me iff im wrong but i remember hearing Bron say he likes D lee. I know he likes Nate and i hope we can keep him but yeah i know we gonna have toget rid of at least 1 prob
tired.gif
. Lets say we pick up a dude like Curry inthe draft who i also boys with Lebron, but the Cavs problem is when Lebron is talking it to the hole none of the "shooters" on the Cavs are hittingthose open 3s Bron sets them up for....

If you gave Stephen curry THAT many open 3s off of Lebron drive and dishes
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Supafly122

The Knicks also have interest in trading for center Darko Milicic, possibly in exchange for Quentin Richardson.

Thats because the Knicks need to free up that number 23.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by BangDak

im just surprised mike is fine with leaving with q leaving. thought both of em were mad cool.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the g8, he missed his chance, and now he's getting a second opportunity. do you believe in 2nd opps? i do.
if he blows it again, then ill have nothing to say, but until then, give him the benefit of the doubt.
2nd oppurtunity?
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

For one i dont really believe in 2nd oppurtunities if you brought it on yourself like Curry did. When you gave up on your team like he did and came into camp soo outta shape like that. If it was a 2nd oppurtunity. No i ont think he deserves it. 2 this is not a 2nd oppurtunity bum %@@ Curry averaged 4.7 boards and .5 blocks 2 years ago
sick.gif
. And 3rd maybe everything would be forgiven (still probably not) if this was a player worth putting out on the florr. Nut there is not a single guy on the Knicks i would take curry over now that JJ is gone. Eddy Curry is straight garbage and i would rather Jeffries on the floor over that bum cause at least Jffries puts in some work and helps out defensively. Curry has showed time and time and again that he just does not have the work ethic for the NBA and he ne never will. Last year was just the final straw. I just dont get how people STILL back this bum. I mean i didnt even get why people backed him when he was averaging 19 ppg cause of how pathetic he was defensively, but for people to still back him just bewilders me. Yall know that he is pathetic on D/boards/effort that cannot be argued but did you also realize that his only really good offensive season in NY came in a system with no ball movement when the ball was just lobbed into Curry in the post? That system could not be MORE different than D'Antonis. Curry is a bum and would never work here nor does he deserve the oppurtunity to.

enough said. its obvious you're biased against him, but im not judging him until i see him in shape, playing games. im done with this.
would anyone take on tysons chandler+first round pick for something? true he has an long contract, but he'll fill our void at the 5, and we get their pick.opinions?

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

No one is guaranteed to be a bust. Seriously thats probably the dumbest statement you can say. I on the other hand would love thabeet in a knick uniform. He would no doubt be our starting C, and not only can he block shots consistently he changes about 20 shots a game. He just started playing basketball at liek age 16 and look at his talent now. If anything he is ranked that high because of his potential and is the best defensive center in the draft
Names like Bryant "Big Country" Reeves, Eric Montross, Cherokee Parks don't ring a bell? How about Frederic Weis (drafted by theKnicks no less), Michael Olowokandi, Shawn Bradley or our own Eddy Curry? Just because you don't see it doesn't mean others don't, either. I'm not saying he won't ever develop, I'm just saying he's not worth the "asset" Donnie was saying he's worth for whateverjustification or expectation he has for Thabeet and that, by definition, is a bust.

Ya think Thabeet keep up with the running system ? Cause I wouldn't mind him. Add LeBron and Amare.
glasses.gif

Thabeet wis the perfect dude to pair with Amare. Defense/Offense.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

here's the offseason thread, that other thread is for traveling back to the past
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

ok, so tickets are 15 dollars, the nba draft is taking place on June 25th, that is a thursday...more details will be added on how this will take place

[table][tr][td]What:[/td] [td]2009 NBA Draft[/td] [/tr][tr][td]When:[/td] [td]June 25, 2009, ESPN, 7 p.m.-12 a.m. ET[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Where:[/td] [td]Madison Square Garden, N.Y.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rounds:[/td] [td]Two rounds[/td] [/tr][/table]

Update:
as of 6/1/2009 (there's a 4 ticket limit per person)
Pr0phecy718 group
Myself
Ballinsam23 + 1 friend
Harlem to the Bronx

4 tickets already in that group

The 2nd group (Proshares group)

Proshares
MezOne
(possible two open spots??)

The 3rd group (Viiheaven group)
airmaxpenny1
viiheaven + his friend
(one open spot??)

Those that still want to go to the draft and haven't responded yet, you can have either Viiheaven or Proshares buy a ticket for you (assuming they still have an open spot for you)

and let me know if you're going so I can update this post

Prophecy (and everybody else),

Im still down for the draft...I just need somebody to scoop my ticket for me (I can paypal, or give the dough the day of, w/e works)

VIIIheaven,

room in your group?....or proshares?...

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

Prophecy (and everybody else),

Im still down for the draft...I just need somebody to scoop my ticket for me (I can paypal, or give the dough the day of, w/e works)

VIIIheaven,

room in your group?....or proshares?...

go with proshares, he just hooked you up with a spot

Originally Posted by bilbo07

Originally Posted by Supafly122

The Knicks also have interest in trading for center Darko Milicic, possibly in exchange for Quentin Richardson.

Thats because the Knicks need to free up that number 23.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I'm down with going to pick up tickets,I didn't see my name.
nerd.gif
you're buying tickets? let me know, so I can open up more spots

viiheaven and proshares confirm with me also with your situations (spot availability)

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

hmm, how do i receive these type of deals?
nerd.gif
Well the Knicks In The Paint Newsletter e-mail thingy that I'm signed up for sent me the link. But I suggest you call everyday starting June 1st as I'm about to do lol. I'll definitely update you guys as soon as I can put in my order so you guys can too.

[h1]COMMISH: APPLE NEEDS A MESSIAH[/h1]
[h3]By LENN ROBBINS[/h3]
Surely the NBA would love to see a superstar of LeBron James' caliber in the world's largest media market, right?

"Those are only the questions New Yorkers ask," NBA commissioner David Stern said yesterday. "The league is going great, and I thinkwe're going to continue to have very good numbers with Orlando [in the finals]. And we haven't had a New York team in the finals for a number of years,but the league continues to go."

It's hard to imagine Stern not wanting to see a marquee player's name in the big city.

"New Yorkers will love it, and, of course, to the extent that media impressions get formed out of New York, at least they used to, that I guess wouldbe helpful but it doesn't make a significant difference overall," he said.

Stern said he understood LeBron James' actions after the Cavs were eliminated from the Eastern Conference finals. James walked off thecourt without shaking hands with any of the Orlando players.

"I think he was reflecting the emotion of the minute, but he made up for it the next day by making his statement," said Stern. "I think hewas greatly frustrated and I understand."

Although there remains some opposition to the Nets' move to Brooklyn, Stern seemed confident it will happen.

"The Nets are going to be on this side of the river, so as a result I think the Brooklyn Nets will have a cache that's very good for the team, itsfans and the NBA."

"I remain confident that [Nets owner] Bruce Ratner is accurate in telling us that they're going to begin construction by the end of the year,"added Stern.

[h1]CHANDLER EYES ANKLE SURGERY[/h1][h3]By MARC BERMAN[/h3]

Wilson Chandler, the Knicks' most pleasant surprise of last season, is expected to have surgery on his left ankle to move a bone spur, a league sourcesaid last night.

Chandler played in all 82 games in his second year in the NBA and was planning on playing for the Knicks in the summer league starting July 10 in Las Vegas.But ankle surgery would keep him sidelined for six weeks.

A Knicks official confirmed Chandler has bone-spur issues and is considering surgery, but no date has been set for the procedure.

The athletic and versatile Chandler turned into one of Isiah Thomas' best maneuvers, taking him with the 23rd pick of the 2007 draft. Voted to theRookie-Sophomore All-Star Game last season, Chandler averaged 14.4 points and 5.4 rebounds.

Mike D'Antoni considers Chandler one of three building blocks, along with rookie Danilo Gallinari and David Lee. D'Antoni feels the DePaul productcan play shooting guard, small forward or power forward next season.

Gallinari, despite what insiders say has been a very successful rehab stint from back surgery, also is expected to miss the summer league.

Knicks president Donnie Walsh departs for Italy this week for a Reebok-sponsored European draft camp. The Knicks hold their first pre-draft workouts June9.

Back
Top Bottom